Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Dick Scott Nissan is the greatest stealership

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Datona Jess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AS always Andy..you the man.
When you gonna call me and take the 370 out man???

You live like 3 miles from me...
P.S. sorry about the flyby this summer after scores, it seemed like the right thing to do
Old 11-08-2009, 05:36 AM
Nismo Titan

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
AS always Andy..you the man.
When you gonna call me and take the 370 out man???

You live like 3 miles from me...
P.S. sorry about the flyby this summer after scores, it seemed like the right thing to do
AJ, give me a call and we can get together.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Nismo Titan

Any luck with Dick Scott Nissan?

Last edited by Nismo Titan; 11-09-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:18 AM
mekatoka

Originally Posted by Nismo Titan
Any updates?
Updates on? Hope you posted in right thread
Old 11-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Nismo Titan

Originally Posted by mekatoka
I was just curious to see if you were able contact Gary Johnson @ Dick Scott regarding your recent bad service experience.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:56 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Updates on.. Your car, your thread, your service, you know.. the subject you posted on here and he replied to with suggestions.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:15 PM
mekatoka

Doh! I am sorry I have been very busy at work the past 2 weeks and did not go through the whole thread and I missed Andy's suggestions.
The way I am looking at this is once I have discussed about this with the advisor there and expressed my discontent I am very apprehensive about going back. It's like being scared of what's going to be in your food when you had a discussion about food with your waiter/waitress at a restaurant and was sent back for changes. I am not really looking at getting any refunds and/or free service ... what's gone is gone.

What do you guys think ...... what's the point of going back?
Also, my advisor Justin told me that the price was fixed by Gary himself and only he could change it.

I am not sure if you remember Andy but we met at the Dick Scott meet (the one where it rained) and also at the Boyland meet a few weeks later.
Thanks for offering the help though.

Last edited by mekatoka; 11-09-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Nismo Titan

Doh! I am sorry I have been very busy at work the past 2 weeks and did not go through the whole thread and I missed Andy's suggestions.
The way I am looking at this is once I have discussed about this with the advisor there and expressed my discontent I am very apprehensive about going back. It's like being scared of what's going to be in your food when you had a discussion about food with your waiter/waitress at a restaurant and was sent back for changes. I am not really looking at getting any refunds and/or free service ... what's gone is gone.

What do you guys think ...... what's the point of going back?
Also, my advisor Justin told me that the price was fixed by Gary himself and only he could change it.

I am not sure if you remember Andy but we met at the Dick Scott meet (the one where it rained) and also at the Boyland meet a few weeks later.
Thanks for offering the help though.
I guess it's up to you but if it was me, I would be talking to Gary directly. It's one thing to be taken for a fool but it's also another thing to go fight for your hard earned money back!!!! From my own personal experiences (aside from Justin), I will continue to go to Dick Scott for service. I've already spoken to Gary about how bad Justin is. If other folks don't chime in as well, nothing will ever get fixed.
Believe me, I know what you're talking about. I've dealt with Justin before and he didn't listen to a single word I told him about my Titan's rear differential leak. He then went on to say that I'd have fork over $500+ to get the axle seal replaced because I was out of warranty coverage (even though this was the 2nd time that the seal had gone bad, Dick Scott did the original seal repair).

You have to understand one thing, Justin used to work in Parts (where he wasn't very good also), but when Tim Voss left to go to Boyland, I guess he took Tim old job. After talking with Gary for about 10 or so minutes, everything was taken care of under dealer good will ($0.00).

The ball is in your court my friend. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Last edited by Nismo Titan; 11-10-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Datona Jess

Deepu
Grow a pair and call them up.
Your not being confrontational, you are meerly stating FACTS.
See what he does about it, who knows a free oil change or service to keep you there is kind of worth it for a simple phone call.

Just my .02
Old 11-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Phreakdout

I agree Deepu ... you need to call them. Their service will never improve if they don't get this kind of feedback. DS is the closest Nissan dealer to us and I'd like to see them improve.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:51 AM
Nismo Titan

Unhappy Disappointed...

I am a little disappointed that Deepu did not take his "grievances" directly to Gary over at Dick Scott. It has always irritated me when people complain about something to everyone EXCEPT to the person/ establishment directly involved. Not to be disrectful, but I would think that if someone was treated badly or were taken advantage of at a dealer (or at any establishment for that matter), that they would (at a bare minimum) call up the place to voice their dissatisfaction over the quality of service that they received. What's the worst that could happen? A free oil change? Or maybe a refund of some type?

I know from personal experience that Dick Scott does excellent service work. However, if there's one "bad apple" over there, it completely ruins everything that they've done right. Now don't get me wrong, I truly understand that some people avoid confrontation at all costs. However, in this case, all that needed to be done was to simply communicate to them the nature of your "beef". You had nothing to lose and everything to gain!!!!
Unfortunately, I could not act as your "shop steward" and bring forth this "grievance" on your behalf. But at least I attempted to give you the necessary tools to do so.

Anyways, enough with my soapbox speech...
Old 12-05-2009, 07:13 PM
mekatoka

Relax Andy I am going to talk to them. It's just that I have been so busy at work that I didn't have time to do anything. I do plan to talk to Gary, like I said before I am not expecting anything out of this. Infact, I cancelled my service contract today. I will probably talk to Dick Scott sometime in the next 1-2 weeks.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Nismo Titan

Relax Andy I am going to talk to them. It's just that I have been so busy at work that I didn't have time to do anything. I do plan to talk to Gary, like I said before I am not expecting anything out of this. Infact, I cancelled my service contract today. I will probably talk to Dick Scott sometime in the next 1-2 weeks.
Sorry. If you need any help, just let me know.
BTW, I am looking at trading in my Titan for a new Armada. I was going to hit Dick Scott up first to see what kind of deal they could get me. If they treat me like they did you, I'll definitely go to Boyland Nissan.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
mekatoka

Default Finally called Dick Scott

... so I finally called Dick Scott and talked to the service manager Gary and told him about what happened. He reckons that they overcharged me for 50$. According to him, following is the breakdown

- fuel induction service - 129.99$
- some additives - 13$
- add tax to the total

I also mentioned that I felt the situation was so hopeless that I did not even care to call back. And that the Z community members (who had good experiences with Gary) had convinced me to talk to him and mentioned Andy's name. He did give me a 75$ store credit that I can use towards future service. The gesture is certainly appreciated and I hope that I do not come across such experiences.

Either way, I am going to be weary about how much is being charged.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Phreakdout

So now you can experience another $75 worth bad service? Nice gesture but was there any explanation (not excuse) or apology?

I just want to know if they care or just want to give you $75 to make you quiet.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:22 AM
mekatoka

Yes, Gary was apologetic and was happy that I brought this issue to his attention. Because I had mentioned that the Justin (service advisor) doesn't seem to have any knowledge about the services being performed and that it doesn't make us patrons confident when entrusting the car in their hands. He seemed to have agreed to it. He had suggested that I go to him from the next time.

The other issue I had complained was that their prices seem to be consistently higher than rest of the dealers in the area. He suggested to check the things being offered in the package and I didn't have a comment for that since I didn't compare them side-by-side.

After this experience, I am never going to give the car for service at the dealerships like I used to in the past. I am going to do what I can by myself and get stuff done selectively.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Datona Jess

Good idea Deepu.

I will NEVER take my car to a dealership unless 1 its a lease...honestly who cares. 2 its something I CANNOt do on my own or with help from others.

That was a good gesture and now he knows that Justin may be a problem...

Glad you did it man!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Nismo Titan

Yes, Gary was apologetic and was happy that I brought this issue to his attention. Because I had mentioned that the Justin (service advisor) doesn't seem to have any knowledge about the services being performed and that it doesn't make us patrons confident when entrusting the car in their hands. He seemed to have agreed to it. He had suggested that I go to him from the next time.

The other issue I had complained was that their prices seem to be consistently higher than rest of the dealers in the area. He suggested to check the things being offered in the package and I didn't have a comment for that since I didn't compare them side-by-side.

After this experience, I am never going to give the car for service at the dealerships like I used to in the past. I am going to do what I can by myself and get stuff done selectively.
Well at least you got a $75 gift certificate. Gary is an honest guy.
I know that I always call Gary first about any service that I want to have done of my Titan and 99% of the time, he'll give me like a pretty good deal on it. For example, when I need to have an oil change done during the winer months, I'll call Gary and schedule an appointment as I only use Mobil1 synthetic in my truck. I also call the other Nissan dealerships to find out what they charge and have that info in my back pocket just in case.

I am glad that things worked out for you.