Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Wisco Z Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 07:59 AM
Jon E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you didn't happen to be working with Gentile for those tires were you?
Old 12-21-2004, 07:45 PM
Silverstone_350

ouch... sucks to hear about that. i got my Z from Rosen, and i'm actually bringing her in tomorrow to get my alignment and tranny checked.

yea, my Z was parked for the winter too but i had no choice but to drive her for the past couple of weeks because the brakes on my winter car suddenly shot to **** and it finally got repaired just this past weekend.

NISMO_GUY2003, welcome to wisconsin... definitely not as fun as illinois, but hell, we'll get a meet together sometime
Old 12-22-2004, 07:51 PM
NISMO_GUY2003

[i]
NISMO_GUY2003, welcome to wisconsin... definitely not as fun as illinois, but hell, we'll get a meet together sometime [/B]
Thanks for the welcome!
Looking forward to some cruising around in the Z to learn my way around town...
Old 01-03-2005, 01:20 PM
z-extreme

Jon

No I already got screwed by Gentile once. I ordered my car from them in March 03 and they neglected to tell me that they didn't have the ability to order my car so I told them to screw off and found the exact car on another lot in Illinois in late July. The car I ordered finally arrived in OCTOBER. I will never go back to Gentile after that. I go to Gurnee for service at Fair Oaks Nissan. They have great service folks.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Silverstone_350

"didn't have the ability to order my car"......... wtf? that's gotta be the most retarded thing a dealership could probably ever say! i would've called up katrina cravy to do a fox 6 investigation..... well, not really. make sure you do everything you can to badmouth Gentile for them screwing you over lol
Old 01-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Jon E D

Gentile does suck something horrible. This week after the snow storm I was ready to trade the Z for a Murano. I went to the Gentile nissan website and saw they had a loaded 2004. I hit the "Inquire about this vehicle" button, gave my info and left a message as follows:

Hello I was wondering if you still have this vehicle on your lot and would like to know if you have any end of model year closeouts or no/low percent financing for this Murano. Also I will be looking to trade in a 2003 350Z touring and hope you can give me a ball park figure for the trade.

Two days later I get an email from sales manager that went something like this:

I'm sorry, but that vehicle is no longer on the lot, it was sold just a few days ago and the website has not yet been updated. Can you tell me what you are trying to accomplish? I know that your time, as well as mine is valuable and if I knew what goals you are trying to accomplish. Blah blah blah call me or email me.

O.k. the first thing is the night he sent me this email i saw the vehicle still on the lot, secondly, "what am i trying to accomplish"?!!??! Gee lets see, I asked about a vehicle you are trying to sell, I'm asking about deals and financing, AND I told you I have a vehicle i would like to trade. COME ON! Like my hobby is to waste my time inquiring about cars by email. That is the last nail in the proverbial coffin for Gentile, I will never ever try to purchase a car from them again.

(have since decide to keep the Z and buy snow tires in the future)
Old 01-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Silverstone_350

geez... the problems i had with Rosen sound like nothing compared to you guys with Gentile.

the only reasion i got pissed at Rosen was because I brought in my Z 2 days after I had purchased it so that they could apply an underbody protectant (yea, i dunno how i got talked into buyin it). the agreement that we made on the day i picked up my Z was that i could bring it in 2 days later to get the protective shield on it and that they would give me a loaner car so that i could get to work and back that day. anyways, so i bring it in and when i ask for my loaner, they say "oh, we can't give you a loaner because we didn't realize you aren't 21 yet......" i'm like wtf, you @sses should've realized what my age was when i filled out all the friggen paper work for the Z. so yea because of the situation, i ended up late to work, where i missed a department meeting (yea my boss wasn't so happy). at the time i was only 20, so it was especially annoying because when i was doing all the paperwork, the salesman was all like "wow, you're the youngest person i've sold a Z to"... so they should've known!

but damn, like i said before, the stuff between me and Rosen doesn't even come close to the **** you guys have went through with Gentile. maybe one of these days when it gets nicer out, we should use our Z's and block their entrances with signs sayin "F*CK Gentile" eeeevil
Old 01-20-2005, 09:00 PM
basam350z

Rosen sucks a$$ man, they try to hussle way too much, Wilde, where I got my car, is even worse.

I will never go to Gentile, I had a bad experience with a trying to buy a Honda from them and vowed to never go back. Gordie Boucher is not bad.

I can't wait for winter to end, I wanna roll in the Z!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Jon E D

Boucher is where i got my Z from, I'd recommend them to anyone.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Silverstone_350

So is anybody in WI boosted or planning to? I've been looking into it but I know I can't do anything until I graduate (grrr... 9 credits short of graduating this May). I've been lookin at the APS kit mainly because it comes with a fuel map, but at ~$9500 it's a good $3-4k more than the GReddy TT and Stillen SC.

If anybody is boosted, I'd love to check out your ride to see how much harder it pulls. I have to do something to my Z so I can keep up with my roomie's TT supra. But I guess until I graduate, I'll have to settle with my JWT pop charger.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:03 PM
basam350z

I recommand driving out to CJ motorsports in Aurora if you wanna check one out.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Silverstone_350

Originally posted by basam350z
I recommand driving out to CJ motorsports in Aurora if you wanna check one out.
For sure man... I've always wanted to check them out but I've been struggling to find any time to make the 2 hr road trip. so I figured I'd ask if any local guys had any setups.

BTW, I'm sure I've asked here before, but does anybody drive their Z in the winter? I took mine out for the first time since late fall on Saturday and I totally wasn't expecting it to snow. I ended up spending the night at a friend's place (tooooooo much alcohol that night lol) and when it was time to leave, I couldn't move for **** in all the snow we got. I know it's all in the stock tires... but man, after that experience, I have a new respect for what Blizzaks can do.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Silverstone_350

ahh, the dreaded double-post

anyways, where's everybody at? over the past couple of weeks, I've seen like a million 350z's around downtown milwaukee... there's even a redline 350z in my same apartment complex! (speakin of which, if you're a member here, I drove up behind you and opened the garage door for you cuz I guess you didn't have it on you that night... and you didn't even say thanks, bastard!! ) I know I've said that I wanted to set up a meet before, but this time I'm for real... we gotta set something up sometime April cuz there's obviously a lot more Z's this year than there was last year.

oh yea, does anybody have any experience with driving an Acura? I used to drive an Acura Integra Type-R, but it was only every once in a while cuz it was my roomie's car. Anyways, I'm lookin for another car and the other week I test drove an Acura RSX Type-S and TL.... any advice/words of wisdom about Acuras?

oh and one more thing, I got stranded in my Z when it was snowing (again!), and this is what happened:

http://people.msoe.edu/~aberinf/IMG_0211.JPG

I swear, it will never be this dirty ever again.............
Old 04-10-2005, 09:55 AM
basam350z

Let me know about the meet time. I was up on HWY 100 last night and seen a silverstone(?) Z with a Nismo spoiler. Anyone on here?
Old 04-11-2005, 07:19 AM
VenomZ

anyone in milwaukee willing to rent out a room during the week? I may be taking a 9 month contract up there and thought it would be cool to try and find a room this way.
pm me if you are interested, I can also help set up a club, I run the 350zclubofflorida.com website and have been a very active here in tampa.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Silverstone_350

well, what i thought was impossible has happened... i'm actually contemplating about selling my Z............ reason being is that i just need a car that i can drive all year 'round. i'm still trying to figure out if i want to just buy snow tires, but i dunno. if i get rid of the Z, i'm most likely going to pick up a subaru sti. only problem with this is that i sacrifice pimp juice sexiness from the Z for performance from the sti. ahhh, decisions. i suppose if i get the right offer, it'll be ok to let my Z go. does anybody know someone looking for a Z? i have a '03 silverstone 350z enthusiast with only 11k miles on her, zaino'd beyond beleif, and in pristine condition minus 1 or 2 small paint chips due to nissan paint quality. kbb lists price at $23,090 with the options i have, but i'd be looking to get at least $22,000. anybody know someone who'd like to make an offer?
Old 05-11-2005, 04:55 PM
DB19

Originally Posted by Silverstone_350
well, what i thought was impossible has happened... i'm actually contemplating about selling my Z............ reason being is that i just need a car that i can drive all year 'round. i'm still trying to figure out if i want to just buy snow tires, but i dunno. if i get rid of the Z, i'm most likely going to pick up a subaru sti. only problem with this is that i sacrifice pimp juice sexiness from the Z for performance from the sti. ahhh, decisions. i suppose if i get the right offer, it'll be ok to let my Z go. does anybody know someone looking for a Z? i have a '03 silverstone 350z enthusiast with only 11k miles on her, zaino'd beyond beleif, and in pristine condition minus 1 or 2 small paint chips due to nissan paint quality. kbb lists price at $23,090 with the options i have, but i'd be looking to get at least $22,000. anybody know someone who'd like to make an offer?
Hey Silverstone,

What options do you have on it? Can you post some pics. KBB isn't that high for the regular Enthusiast. I may be interested. I'm in Madison.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2005, 06:50 AM
grymattr

I'm a noob here but I'm in Wiscon. Work in Milw. and live (if you can call it that) in Racine. If you see a Redline Z in Racine with Rosen sticker (ok, I'm taking that thing off) feel free to say HI. I'd easily join a Z club in Milw.

Peace,

Dean
Old 05-13-2005, 06:52 AM
grymattr

Room for rent! I have an entire FLOOR for rent. I have a HUGE Victorian in Racine (30 minute drive) and the floor is 1800 sq. feet, hardwood floors, 3 bdrm, living room, family room, dining room, eat in kitchen. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

Dean
Old 05-17-2005, 11:26 AM
z-extreme

Silverstone - Sucks that your thinking about selling. Tonight is my last final at MSOE. I am part of the 05 class. So peace.

Quick Reply: Wisco Z Drivers