Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Ohio - Cincinnati Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 03:57 AM
pulpz2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KPierson,

Leaving now may be 5 min late.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:01 PM
zvan

I had a really good time on Saturday. The route was great and the weather was perfect. Thanks to everyone who helped plan the event. I want to do this again soon. If you guys go again let me know and i'll meet up with you. Will attach the pics soon.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:02 AM
pulpz2

Yeah, it was definitely a blast - especially the second leg of the run. The stretch in Indy is my favorite. It's not as twisty as ‘tucky leg but the curves have visible exits and nice banks, the roads are in good condition and the straight-aways were a blast. The open straight-aways allow an opportunity to hit triple digits on the speedo. Unloading the suspension over the hills was a blast. One guy in an S said he thought he lost tire contact from the road. Next time we should have roadside cameras to catch all the action!

Aside from the SC s2k spinout and the M3 speeding ticket everything seemed to go smoothly. Do you know what happened to the blue VW? It was with us in the morning but I don’t remember seeing it later in the day.

I was hoping to get to talk more Z/G stuff with you and KPierson but unfortunately there wasn’t much time for socializing ‘til later in the day at O’Charley’s.

We’ll be planning the same run towards the end of the summer. Once we have it planned I’ll post a new thread and PM everyone interested. Also, there is an s2k route 26 run is southeastern Ohio that gets pretty exciting. I guess they do it twice a year. I missed the spring run (2-3 weeks ago) but I think the second run is towards the end of the summer.

Also, at O’Charley’s a few of the local S guys were talking about arranging a mini-meet in Cincinnati every other week or so just to hang out. I plan on hitting this at least once a month so I’ll post updates on this plan also. The local S guys definitely want to be more active and they’re not stuck on S-exclusivity. Unfortunately, the local Z people aren’t that active.

A few people were hoping to see the WRXs and Evos in action so you’ll have to extend the invitation to your friends again.

Last edited by pulpz2; 06-21-2004 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:06 AM
pulpz2

Oh yeah, can't wait to see the pics. You'll probably have to contact an admin to post on my350z because of the file size but if you post them on s2ki.com you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:41 AM
KPierson
Banned

Sorry I couldn't stick around a little longer. I guess I can say I found out the hard way that my girlfriend can't handle hard braking, super-charged accelerations, and sharp turns. Next time I will leave her at home. It sounds like I missed the best part of the trip. I'm definately up for another run, I will just have to leave my passenger at home.

Thanks to everyone who helped plan this,
Kevin
Old 06-21-2004, 05:12 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by KPierson
Sorry I couldn't stick around a little longer. I guess I can say I found out the hard way that my girlfriend can't handle hard braking, super-charged accelerations, and sharp turns. Next time I will leave her at home. It sounds like I missed the best part of the trip. I'm definately up for another run, I will just have to leave my passenger at home.

Thanks to everyone who helped plan this,
Kevin
Hey, don't worry about it. My wife came the last time. I warned her about how unnerving it may be but she wanted to come anyhow (I wanted her to come also). I even took her out for some pre-race day back road driving around home so she could get some idea about how things might be. Unfortunately there are no curvy roads like we drove in KY around Dayton. It took her a little while to get used to it plus she brought Dramamine. By the end of the day she was having a really good time. It takes a little while to get used to it and trust the car and the driver. She didn't come this time. She was a little leery about getting back on the saddle plus she had a bunch of other stuff to take care of. She is a friend with some of the other girls (Angie – lead silver s2k and Reenie – blue RSX) so sometimes she catches up with us afterwards. Angie helped plan the route and Reenie really like to drive fast. The guy (Scott) in the yellow s2k has a girl friend that absolutely refuses to come because she doesn’t like to drive fast – not even on the freeway. So really to each there own. It’s important for everyone to feel comfortable with what is going on regardless of who comes or doesn’t come. Personally I like to have my wife or another friend with me for the company and to share the experience but at the same time I feel much safer and focused when I’m by myself. No distractions and less weight in the car!
Old 06-22-2004, 11:39 AM
zvan

I hate that I missed O'Charlies, I would have liked to have gotten to talk to everyone more. Count me in for bi-weekly meets, I love that kind of stuff. I am going to get the pics up asap, got to figure out how to compress the pics (new camera). Will try posting on s2ki today. Also, my friend that was at a wedding was really jealous he wasn't there. He wants us to go again so he can go, so if any of you want to do this again in the next few weeks let me know and we will get something together.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:30 PM
pulpz2

Originally posted by zvan
I hate that I missed O'Charlies, I would have liked to have gotten to talk to everyone more. Count me in for bi-weekly meets, I love that kind of stuff. I am going to get the pics up asap, got to figure out how to compress the pics (new camera). Will try posting on s2ki today. Also, my friend that was at a wedding was really jealous he wasn't there. He wants us to go again so he can go, so if any of you want to do this again in the next few weeks let me know and we will get something together.
Cool. Can't wait to see the pics. Hopefully by posting them here or a new regional thread we may spur some additional Z/G interest for the next time. Several S guys have expressed interest in a run again soon.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:05 AM
zvan

this is an experiment, hope it works
Attached Thumbnails Ohio - Cincinnati Area Meet-car-meet-june-19-2004-010.jpg  

Last edited by zvan; 06-23-2004 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:12 AM
zvan

trying again
Attached Thumbnails Ohio - Cincinnati Area Meet-car-meet-june-19-2004-012.jpg  
Old 06-23-2004, 09:13 AM
zvan

ha, i got it, now how do I post more than 1 at a time?
Attached Thumbnails Ohio - Cincinnati Area Meet-car-meet-june-19-2004-001.jpg  
Old 06-23-2004, 09:14 AM
zvan

Attached Thumbnails Ohio - Cincinnati Area Meet-car-meet-june-19-2004-004.jpg  
Old 06-23-2004, 09:16 AM
zvan

Attached Thumbnails Ohio - Cincinnati Area Meet-car-meet-june-19-2004-014.jpg  
Old 06-23-2004, 09:25 AM
zvan

Attached Thumbnails Ohio - Cincinnati Area Meet-car-meet-june-19-2004-014.jpg  
Old 06-23-2004, 09:28 AM
pulpz2

Old 06-23-2004, 09:28 AM
zvan

i really need to figure out how to post them all at once!
Attached Thumbnails Ohio - Cincinnati Area Meet-untitled.jpg  
Old 06-23-2004, 09:30 AM
zvan

Attached Thumbnails Ohio - Cincinnati Area Meet-car-meet-june-19-2004-020.jpg  
Old 06-23-2004, 09:32 AM
zvan

Attached Thumbnails Ohio - Cincinnati Area Meet-car-meet-june-19-2004-021.jpg  
Old 06-23-2004, 09:35 AM
zvan