FS: Rear Hotchkis Sway Bar (New) Cusco A-Arms

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 03:34 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is the slowest OVERNIGHT delivery I have ever seen

This peaks my interest:
Second i can cancel any shipment i want, i have a UPS server which allows me to void packages whenever i like and i can change the shipping style.

I would think a call or email to UPS Corporate would be in order to make them aware that someone is manipulating their system to commit fraud. Me thinks they would frown uponst this profusely.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:12 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

A ripoff report has been filed at www.ripoffreports.com (NOTE: You can check www.politecar.com for details.)

I do not feel comfortable giving the full details of this report in the thread since it contains his legal name and the name of his business. However, these ripoff reports are usually one of the first hits that come up on Google, so if you are interested later, I also included his username as an alias, so you should be able to look it up on your own using Google.

The following is included in the report (sanitized for personal info):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On November 21, 2011, both C***** G***** (aka ch1215g) entered into an agreement on www.my350z.com for me to purchase a brand new, unopened, Hotchkis Sway Bar for 350Z valued at
$399.99 dollars (reference link for price/value: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HSS-22413 ).

Actual for sale thread: https://my350z.com/forum/north-east-...co-a-arms.html

Prior to my sending payment, I expressed that I would only be willing to pay if it shipped out immediately. C**** confirmed that the item was ready to ship immediately and would ship out the following day. (See supporting documentation below of all communications)

I requested that tracking information be sent immediately once shipped, and he agreed to do so.

The item had not arrived by November 26, 2011 and I had still not received any tracking information, so I followed up with C**** to request a refund at that time since he had not complied to our original agreement.

C**** responded with a UPS tracking number. (Reference: 1Z*************) However, the tracking number did not have an origin scan, which indicates that UPS had not taken possession of the package. I asked C**** for a refund at this point since the item had not yet shipped.

C**** replied at first that UPS had not yet picked up the item. When I requested a refund, he changed his story to state that he had dropped the package off at a UPS store location himself. When I asked for a copy of the receipt, he changed his story again and said that his father dropped the package off at a UPS store location. When I asked for the date and time that it was dropped off at a UPS store and the location information or phone number, he refused to provide this information. I again asked for a refund of my money.

I repeatedly asked for him to prove the date and time he claimed it was shipped, along with the location, but he would not answer my questions, so I filed a dispute with Paypal. Upon his receiving notification from Paypal that I had filed a dispute, his response was "That was a mistake. Have a nice day." When I pointed out that he had only printed the label and not shipped the item, his response was "Meets PayPal agreement so it's fine." Once I pressed the issue, I received confirmation from UPS that he canceled the shipping label and that they never had possession of the item.

I then contacted him about the shipping label having been canceled, and he confirmed that he canceled the shipping label. I asked for a refund again, and his response was "Going to have to wait til the case is over."

I asked if he was going to intentionally hold my money and he confirmed that he was not going to send my refund and was going to continue disputing the issue with paypal and told me to "go f*** yourself".

Upon further discovery, I found that others had fallen victim to similar scams, both on the my350z.com website and on other car forums as well. He had already been identified as a "Suspected Scammer" on evolutionm.net (Reference Link: http://forums.evolutionm.net/members...8-ch1215g.html
) and had been banned from NASIOC.com (Reference Link: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2251800 ).

All information and communications is documented as part of the original for sale thread (Reference Link: https://my350z.com/forum/north-east-...-a-arms-2.html ), and I've copied the original transcripts of our communications below.

He later stated that he had overnight shipped the item in an effort to resolve the complaint, but after checking the tracking information, I confirmed he sent a UPS GROUND shipment and not an overnight shipment. However, at this time I cannot confirm whether or not this is actually the item in question and as explained to him multiple times earlier, I just need my money refunded at this point since he has not executed the agreement under the original terms.

TRANSCRIPTS:

***REMOVED SINCE THEY ARE ALREADY IN THE THREAD***

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 11-30-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:38 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by Cass007
This peaks my interest:
Second i can cancel any shipment i want, i have a UPS server which allows me to void packages whenever i like and i can change the shipping style.

I would think a call or email to UPS Corporate would be in order to make them aware that someone is manipulating their system to commit fraud. Me thinks they would frown uponst this profusely.
I'm trying to find the appropriate method of contact to report this type of thing on their UPS corporate site. I'll reference those comments and provide links (this thread and the official Rip Off Report since it has real life names instead of just internet usernames).

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 11-30-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:42 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

The following are being sent to the editors of The Letter and Herald News, local newspapers in the North Jersey area:

------------------------------------------------

I realize that you don't know me from Adam, but I wanted to contact you about a suspected Internet scam artist that is operating a business in your area. I have submitted a Rip Off Report at http://www.ripoffreport.com/auto-par...ness-1fdfb.htm

I have also kept meticulous documentation of all correspondence on the original for sale thread at https://my350z.com/forum/north-east-...-a-arms-2.html

I don't know that my plight alone is newsworthy, but there are others that also have open disputes with this person. He has been identified on other forums as a suspected scammer and has even been banned from several online forums for these activities.

My only intent in contacting you is to make this issue visible so that he realizes that there are very real consequences to scamming people over the Internet. I feel that he would not treat people this way if they were his neighbors or if he felt that his community could be made aware of his actions.

Also, if there is any appropriate means for me to publish a short version of this in the classified section of your paper, please let me know of the pricing, etc.

Sincerely,

Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Just downloaded my New Jersey Courts small claims package. I will be filing for not only the money that I paid, but for losses via the "Breach of Oral Contract" statute as well. This is to cover the additional costs that I have incurred as a result of missing the timeframe, attempt to collect the debt, and other related costs.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:10 AM
NZMOWND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and to think, i almost bought the a arms!!! thank god i didnt!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:13 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by NZMOWND
and to think, i almost bought the a arms!!! thank god i didnt!
Yeah, the buyer contacted me and hasn't received his equipment either... and those sold WAY before I sent payment.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:16 AM
NZMOWND

oh i would have been pissed if did buy those then lol heads would have rolled!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

I almost feel sorry for the guy because his responses are so stupid and childish and he does such a **** poor job of trying to cover his lies. I feel like I'm having an argument with either a child or a special needs individual - and I'm not just saying that to flame on him. It's really sad. I have a whole new thread of his text responses that I haven't posted yet - mainly because his responses are so clueless.

Here goes - your next installment of "As the SparkleCityHop turns" -

---------------------------------------------
12/30/2011 1:19AM
FROM CH1215G
Well legacy decided to ban me saying im a spambot so idk what to do now…
12/30/2011 7:18AM
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
You said you wanted to wait until paypal resolved the dispute. refund my money. have a nice day.
12/30/2011 11:57AM
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
You did not send overnight. That tracking show ups ground, check it yourself. Also, rip off report filed, north jersey media contacted, and contemplating police reports as well since you are filing a report against me
12/30/2011 12:11PM
FROM CH1215G
Lol f*** you you low life piece of s*** f***ing h***. Bye looser
12/30/2011 12:15PM
FROM CH1215G
And I didn't go to the police station you f***ing tattle tailer hahahahaha get a life kid. Sparklecityhop hahahahahah
12/30/2011 12:18PM
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
Far from a kid. could be your dad. You'll get to meet me in new jersey small claims court. Packet is almost complete
12/30/2011 12:19PM
FROM CH1215G
Lol? You got your package what the hell are you complaining about?
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
No I haven't
FROM CH1215G
Cry baby
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
So mature
12/30/2011 12:20PM
FROM CH1215G
Check the tracking info. You'll have it shortly.
12/30/2011 12:20PM
FROM CH1215G
It's wrapped up and brand new like I promise you.
12/30/2011 12:21PM
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
Doesn't matter. You broke our agreement. I will still see you in court for losses
12/30/2011 11:22PM
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
Like I said, it does me no good now. You are liable for my losses
12/30/2011 12:22PM
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
You're facing a lot more than the payola refund that you could have sent.
12/30/2011 12:24PM
FROM CH1215G
What agreement? Did we sign a piece of paper lol? I'm not liable for ****. Have fun wasting your money in court, my dads a lawyer free of charge. Have a nice and wonderful evening don't get run over by a reindeer
12/30/2011 12:26PM
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
Electronic is even more binding than verbal. Ask your lawyer dad yourself.
12/30/2011 12:26PM
FROM CH1215G
You'll get it when the case was over all u had to do us be patient
12/30/2011 12:28PM
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
Why do I need to be patient when you are the lying scammer? You are delusional
12/30/2011 12:28PM
FROM CH1215G
Just relax will figure this out together
12/30/2011 12:29PM
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
You have cost me money by breaching our agreement and through no fault of my own. It is a clear cut case.
12/30/2011 12:30PM
FROM CH1215G
K
12/30/2011 12:31PM
FROM SPARKLECITYHOP
Refund my money, then we will figure it out.
12/30/2011 12:31PM
FROM CH1215G
So your one those guys that goes around stealing peoples money though the court system? and you call me a scammer when I shipped out the item for you but you didn't believe I did cause you have insecurity issues? Sorry man the truth hurts. Stop texting me or I'll be filing for harassment chargers. Don't respond back.
12/30/2011 12:32PM
FROM CH1215G
And no you opened a case you need to wait until its over. I'm not refunding you. I shipped the item. Why the hell would I refund you your going to get a free sway bar. You can ship the bar back and I will gladly refund you. But as of now. The case is in my favor and I will get the $165 I have a tracking number up.
12/30/2011 12:50PM
FROM CH1215G
Btw PayPal favored on my side. You should have the sway bar by the end of the week. If you want me to refund you I will, wait until you get the bar. I'll send you your money back and you ship it out back to me.

***NOTE: PayPal has not made any decision. Not sure if that was a feeble attempt to get me to make an offer? Who knows? In fact, they just sent me a confirmation recently that they've received the additional documentation that I provided this morning and that it is being handed over to the Resolution Center for addition to the case notes.***

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 11-30-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:15 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

LMAO that PayPal "favored on his side". Like PayPal ever did anything that quickly in disputes?? Seriously?
On the other hand, although it is your right I suppose, I am not sure "scammer" is the right word when the transaction is only a week old. Good lord, there have been folks here waiting for 7 months for parts from an honest to god store/vendor....but he DID say he could ship immediately and he didn't so......
Old 11-30-2011, 10:29 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

You're coming in after the fact. In the beginning, he had not shipped at all, but he was lying and stating that he had shipped it. It's easy to look back now that communication is happening and he's finally actually shipped something, but I'm concerned that if I hadn't applied pressure, it would have gone much worse than it has so far. There is another member on here that has been waiting FAR longer than me and was getting the same run around. He kept saying that it was shipped and referencing a tracking ID that never showed an origin scan (meaning the label was created on the guy's computer, but the item was never shipped). UPS does not take possession of a package without an origin scan.

Also, I would not have brought this all public if it was just my own item. The fact that other forums had identified him as a suspected scammer, that we had another member with a dispute, that at least one other moderator had already been involved in arbitrating some of the guy's previous situations, and that UPS confirmed that he was lying about ever shipping the item last week... altogether, that adds up to more than just a bad/slow sale.

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 11-30-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:05 AM
PerfZ

^^^^ Got it - not trying to be judgmental here. And I ship via UPS on-line every day at my business and you are entirely correct - when the item is picked up, the driver scans the package label; until then the system shows Pending, and that can be voided on-line too. Anyway, I hope you get it worked out - I was tempted to buy his Jensen unit for my wifes mini-van (I'm cheap that way, lol) but had doubts about him myself. On the Pioneer unit, he was looking for brackets on another forum so he could install it in his car ASAP and then at the same time was trying to sell the thing. Too weird for me, I stayed away. He came at you pretty hard over at Tech BTW but thanks for posting all the alerts.....
Old 11-30-2011, 11:12 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
Scam a Mod on a My350Z forum sale...

1. Take life, put life in toilet

2. Flush toilet

3. Enjoy having everyone you see for the next month look at you like the troll you are

This guy messed with the wrong group... reached
+1. Definitely not the smartest move to pull a fast one on a Staff member, of any forum for that matter. You know, we all have good relations with eachother?

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
I've read enough. This is plain horrible. Just perma-banned this guy on g35river.com. Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
I almost feel sorry for the guy because his responses are so stupid and childish
I was really close to making comments towards his text messages, then I just shook my head as I was more embarrassed for him, rather than contribute to embarrassing him even more. Kudos for maintaining profesionalism Sparkle...
Old 11-30-2011, 11:25 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

if this thread is ever quoted in a court of law i just need the record to read CH1215G
is an APESHIT Goddamn a$$hole one time.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:57 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by PerfZ
^^^^ Got it - not trying to be judgmental here.
No sweat, man. I'd rather folks read and make their own opinions. There are things that I've said/done during this process that I know that I could have handled better, but I'm not hiding/filtering anything to make me look better or make him look worse. The only edits have been to clean up personal info or clarify the comment that he thought was a threat.

I would be ecstatic if people read this thread and came away thinking, "SparkleCityHop expects folks to do what they promise, so I know what to expect if I decide to do business with him."

If I tell a seller, "No rush, it's going to be weeks before I'm even ready to install, take your time" - that's what I mean (and that is usually the situation). If I tell a seller, "I will buy this from you as long as it ships immediately because I have to have it now" - that's what I mean.

Even more so, I would love for folks to read this thread and realize that they are better off in life by:
1) being honest when they don't do something they promised
2) taking responsibility when they screw up
3) apologizing to the person that they let down
4) asking what they can do to resolve the issue to the person's satisfaction
5) making sure that they resolve the issue to the person's satisfaction
Old 12-01-2011, 03:09 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

I received confirmation last night from the other forum member that has had an item in dispute with OP since before I made my purchase. Similar to my situation, even though he had been told several times by OP that his item had shipped and like me had a UPS tracking number with no origin scan, OP just sent him a new USPS tracking number for his item. He voiced concern since USPS doesn't offer the same accountability of an origin scan to verify when someone dropped an item off for shipping, but it appears that OP has finally shipped his package as well.

No Hotchkis for me yet.

Just keeping folks informed as things progress.

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 12-01-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:47 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

No sweat, man. I'd rather folks read and make their own opinions. There are things that I've said/done during this process that I know that I could have handled better, but I'm not hiding/filtering anything to make me look better or make him look worse. The only edits have been to clean up personal info or clarify the comment that he thought was a threat.

I would be ecstatic if people read this thread and came away thinking, "SparkleCityHop expects folks to do what they promise, so I know what to expect if I decide to do business with him."
If I tell a seller, "No rush, it's going to be weeks before I'm even ready to install, take your time" - that's what I mean (and that is usually the situation). If I tell a seller, "I will buy this from you as long as it ships immediately because I have to have it now" - that's what I mean.

Even more so, I would love for folks to read this thread and realize that they are better off in life by:
I received confirmation last night from the other forum member that has had an item in dispute with OP since before I made my purchase. Similar to my situation, even though he had been told several times by OP that his item had shipped and like me had a UPS tracking number with no origin scan, OP just sent him a new USPS tracking number for his item. He voiced concern since USPS doesn't offer the same accountability of an origin scan to verify when someone dropped an item off for shipping, but it appears that OP has finally shipped his package as well.

No Hotchkis for me yet.

Just keeping folks informed as things progress.
I'd do biz with u every day bro, but being a seller is a little dif than being a buyer. I have been fortunate to not ever been scammed on something like this. Wish something happens with the police or some sort of justice happens.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:03 AM
PerfZ

Well said - I've been a business owner for 28 years and try to instill that in my staff as well as my vendors. I've tried to take shortcuts myself once or twice years ago and it came back to bite me you-know-where. Owning up, and making up, can really cement a relationship to where it is almost better than if the screwup never even happened.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Kyle R

Thank you for keeping this thread open against the OP's discretion sparkle. I was just about to accept his offer on his momentum kit and drop over $5k in his paypal. Guess who won't be doing that anymore? I owe you one.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:58 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

damn, and I needed that rear sway as well. The OP bought it from the original thread before I could. I'm happy to see you were the lucky new owner and your transaction has been so smooth and saved me the hassle

Quick Reply: FS: Rear Hotchkis Sway Bar (New) Cusco A-Arms