Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

2nd Annual Nissan/Infiniti Day @ Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankieFive
Well as I said before we have something going on at the track almost every weekend from here till the season ends. It was a terrible thing that it had to rain and there was nothing else we could do. It was either have the event this weekend or don't have it at all.
you guys did a horrible job promoting the original date and you guys did a horrible job in returning phone calls and emails..I wanted to support the event and give you guys stuff for FREE, but apparently you did not need our help..

Old 07-20-2006, 06:51 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

FYI we were at the track last night..They made several announcements for Sat Afternood, and not one mention of anything Nissan/Infinity.. Horrible..
Old 07-20-2006, 07:59 AM
tilleys99

looks like its gonna rain saturday night.

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
FYI we were at the track last night..They made several announcements for Sat Afternood, and not one mention of anything Nissan/Infinity.. Horrible..
Old 07-20-2006, 08:34 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tilleys99
looks like its gonna rain saturday night.
Rob.. are you going? because my cousin wants to talk to you
Old 07-20-2006, 09:11 AM
tilleys99

Originally Posted by doug
Rob.. are you going? because my cousin wants to talk to you
If weather is good, well actually if my car is running right till then..problems always gotta happen at worst times.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:25 AM
joentown

No offense but I do hope it gets rained out as I will be sailing in the North Atlantic and unable to attend.

Besides, the 4PM start time due to the Dodge day or whatever it is sucks.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:07 AM
doug

Originally Posted by joentown
No offense but I do hope it gets rained out as I will be sailing in the North Atlantic and unable to attend.

Besides, the 4PM start time due to the Dodge day or whatever it is sucks.

if it gets rained out.. you have more problems like the tropical storm thats heading in your direction
Old 07-20-2006, 11:13 AM
joentown

if it gets rained out.. you have more problems like the tropical storm thats heading in your direction
Yeah but if I survive the storm i get to also race the Z so its worht the risk!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:17 AM
tilleys99

I dont wanna hear that doug i just had my basement and 18inches into my first floor flooded a few weeks ago..
Old 07-20-2006, 11:24 AM
joentown

I'm in Newtown and we escaped the recent flooding but Yardley which is next to us wasn't so lucky with large parts of it ending up under water.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:33 AM
NA350Z

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
not according to their website..Says GTO's are racing..You know what I would like to know, is why this month I have recieved flyers for NHRA TOP fuels,Summer Slam,Night of thrills,and Mitsubishi & turbo Dodge day...Not one mention or flyer for Nissan Infinity day.It seems like the FREE advertisement on this site is the only thing the guys at Raceway Park care to do for this event. I helped sponsor last years event, and when it was not a Huge turnout Javier was dissapointed, despite him putting more efforts into every other type of car day than the Nissans.I mean literally there were no flyers,no mention,nothing of the Z day last year, and yet about 80-100 Z showed up.
I personally have sent Javier Emails and phone calls since November about putting this event together and sponsoring it, but apparently he was to busy to return them and did not need our assistance in the event or our contributions. I highly doubt anyone will turn out for this event with the level of support and motivation the Z Nissan comunity has seen from Raceway Park...
They continue to push their Honda day, waterfest for the VW's, Mitsubishi days, AWD events,Subaru events, hell even the crappy Neons get their own day...With no mention for the Nissan guys...
I personally will be approaching another local race track to see if they wish to organize an event and take our money, cause apparently Raceway Park does not want our business as a community...
I hear you buddy, we had our weekly TSZ33 crew meet in LI last night and we talked about it briefly. Basically none of us felt like it was worth being looked at as second stringers to have an event at 4PM, WTF is that, with as big a community as Nissan, we have to get leftovers, *** that. Maybe some Jersey guys will show up but I highly doubt its going to be a good turnout, and im pretty sure that none of us Tri State Z33 guys are going.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:06 PM
NJDAN

Well I look at it this way, we were rained out the frist time which is not the Tracks fault so they rescheduled it for the 22nd of July. which just so happedned to be the tracdk day for another group of people. so we can go or cry about it and they will never have Nissan/Infiniti day again.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:34 PM
doug

Originally Posted by tilleys99
I dont wanna hear that doug i just had my basement and 18inches into my first floor flooded a few weeks ago..
well he said he will be on a boat in the ocean.. thats why i said that
Old 07-20-2006, 01:07 PM
tilleys99

well he said he will be on a boat in the ocean.. thats why i said that
Oh i didnt even think about that lol...my car almost got taken by the flood here, it was in about 5" of water till i noticed it.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:56 AM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

I don't see any reason to be all pissed off that there are going to be other cars there...its not like we have some other option. Its still an oppotunity to get together a bunch of G's/Zs and get some good runs in. I'm surprised that everybody is backing out (aside from the ****ty weather) anyway if it doesnt rain I'll be there. If theres still anybody from Bergen county area that wants to caravan let me know, I'll be leaving from Teaneck w. a few other cars.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:08 AM
NJDAN

see ya there.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:31 AM
transportchef

Looks like another rainy day for tonight, tomorrow and part of sun.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Pats300zx
ECZA-President

Rain on and off all day Sat. I am going to pass on this...
Old 07-21-2006, 11:55 AM
O NO

Originally Posted by kamikaZ
I don't see any reason to be all pissed off that there are going to be other cars there...its not like we have some other option. Its still an oppotunity to get together a bunch of G's/Zs and get some good runs in. I'm surprised that everybody is backing out (aside from the ****ty weather) anyway if it doesnt rain I'll be there. If theres still anybody from Bergen county area that wants to caravan let me know, I'll be leaving from Teaneck w. a few other cars.

All u boyz whinning like girls reminds me if u give them an inch they wanna become rulers.

It is what it is. Keep in mind it is their track not ours. If they relied on just the Nissan/Infiniti communty they would go broke. We are a fraction of what the other badges represent there. It was nice of them to give up a half a day ( 7 hours ) in June just for us. Anyother tracks steppin up and offering something similar.... I hear crickets. It wasn't the track that made it rain that day. They didn't have to squeeze us in for another date that was planned months before the June date. They were doing what they could under the circumstances and all you whinners had to do was just roll with the punches.

If the situation doesn't meet your standards for tomorrow, stay home peeps, there will be more track time for the peeps that do attend. No one is forcing you to roll. Again, it is what it is and make the best of a situation that got messed up by the weather not by some one creating a problem.

MRC, tell it like it was. You did make contact with the track. You were told what you could and couldn't do for that day. If you weren't happy with the results of the conversation, so beit. Nough said on that subject.

Yes the weather will make it iffy again for tomorrow. Those that will roll.... great. Those that don't roll.... that's kewl too.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by O NO

MRC, tell it like it was. You did make contact with the track. You were told what you could and couldn't do for that day. If you weren't happy with the results of the conversation, so beit. Nough said on that subject.

oo.
Neil,
Lets get the fact straight..I planned last years event with Javier and was attempting to contact him since November of 05 before you even got involved in the mix...He chose to not return my phone calls, he chose to ignore my emails..He chose to contact me last minute and say it was too late to get us on any flyers cause his flyer guy was giving him problems, yet miraculously the Honda day and Evo day fliers turned out just fine and weeks before the event..Lets call it like we see it, the track could have done a better job promoting the original event in the first place.It was cool of them to rescedule the event and its all good..Im sure it it does not rain , everyone who goes will have a good time.
What I am saying is there is way more effort put in the other event than this one for some reason, whos fault is that? Who knows who cares..
I really dont think the Nissan community will make or break Raceway Park in any way shape or form...Life goes on, who cares, 70% chance of rain tommorow anyway..so all the *****in is for nothing anyway. The gods just dont favor the Nissan and Infiniti guys for some reason..
As for Javier, Im sure he does not need our help or anyones help for that matter..He has done a great job of putting together some big events all by himself...

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Nissan/Infiniti Day @ Raceway Park