Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Team ZaG / 09/24/ Meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Hazade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by helldorado
Still a ways off, but if we want to hit it up, the ECZA is holding their fall Meet/Show in Concordville off 202 on the 21st of Oct. Its across the street from McKenzie's Brew Pub which is a good place to go drinking afterwards!

http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?p=1330838

I saw that and was planning on going, would be a good trip for us. I was also thinking about heading to ATCO sometime before winter comes. That could be a good friday night trip for us
Old 09-18-2006, 11:45 AM
stepson

Sigh. Smacked into the bumper of a big-*** truck this weekend. Truck: 1, 350Z: 0. Tore up my fender pretty good. This along with someone egging the car and destroying the paint on the door, and someone putting dents in the other door, is apparently $2,100 worth of damage! Anyone know a good, honest, autobody place?
Old 09-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHAHAHAHA, are you serious?????

jsut kidding, I am taking my bodykit up to Pro1 collision in Monroe Township

want me to let you know how that goes?
Old 09-18-2006, 11:54 AM
stepson

Originally Posted by Motormouth
HAHAHAHAHA, are you serious?????

jsut kidding, I am taking my bodykit up to Pro1 collision in Monroe Township

want me to let you know how that goes?
Please do. And yea, unfortunatly, I am serious . They had a nice new '06 LMS roadster at the dealer, but my keys wouldn't fit.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:05 PM
helldorado

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stepson
Sigh. Smacked into the bumper of a big-*** truck this weekend. Truck: 1, 350Z: 0. Tore up my fender pretty good. This along with someone egging the car and destroying the paint on the door, and someone putting dents in the other door, is apparently $2,100 worth of damage! Anyone know a good, honest, autobody place?
That's expensive. If you want, I'll trade my girlfriend's RX-8 for your car. Its less expensive in the long run.

http://www.boggsauto.com/index.html

That's where I go for all my work. Its first rate and its an extremely well run shop. Right down 295 to Woodbury. Lifetime warranty on all work they do with OE replacement parts.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Theatrix
Professional

Originally Posted by Hazade
I saw that and was planning on going, would be a good trip for us. I was also thinking about heading to ATCO sometime before winter comes. That could be a good friday night trip for us

Agreed! Any cruise is a good idea.

Hey, I have a story! PIcked up a GT3 in North Carolina and we cruised for almost two hours (Flew) at upwards of 130MPH. What a f_U_C_K_I_N_G blast that was. Drove for 13 straight on Saturday and got home at 2:30 in the morning. Anybody miss me? FU then.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:14 PM
helldorado

Originally Posted by Theatrix
Agreed! Any cruise is a good idea.

Hey, I have a story! PIcked up a GT3 in North Carolina and we cruised for almost two hours (Flew) at upwards of 130MPH. What a f_U_C_K_I_N_G blast that was. Drove for 13 straight on Saturday and got home at 2:30 in the morning. Anybody miss me? FU then.
You kiss your mother with that mouth?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Theatrix
Professional

You kiss your mother with that mouth?
Absolutley, but I wipe it first. And I hate when the site #@&% out my language. WTF is that?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
helldorado

Absolutley, but I wipe it first. And I hate when the site #@&% out my language. WTF is that?
Its to protect the sensitive eyes of people on this board like Tom you **** ****ing ****** **** ****head.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:57 PM
stepson

That's expensive. If you want, I'll trade my girlfriend's RX-8 for your car. Its less expensive in the long run.

http://www.boggsauto.com/index.html

That's where I go for all my work. Its first rate and its an extremely well run shop. Right down 295 to Woodbury. Lifetime warranty on all work they do with OE replacement parts.
I doubt it'd be less expensive when i got sick of the lack of low-end power and tried to turbo it . Thanks for the tip though, i'll check those guys out.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Theatrix
Professional

BTW, who was that is doing the Mrev2/spacer mod with me on Sunday? I just spoke with Motordyne and they are shipping overnight to me on Wednesday. Just curious if you got a better deal elsewhere. I paid 446 for the mrev and I don't remember what the Iso Thermal 5/16 spacer was.

What's this about a heating line to the throttle body? You need to turn a valve if it gets too cold to heat up the throttle body he says.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:36 PM
stepson

BTW, who was that is doing the Mrev2/spacer mod with me on Sunday? I just spoke with Motordyne and they are shipping overnight to me on Wednesday. Just curious if you got a better deal elsewhere. I paid 446 for the mrev and I don't remember what the Iso Thermal 5/16 spacer was.

What's this about a heating line to the throttle body? You need to turn a valve if it gets too cold to heat up the throttle body he says.
That was me. I got the MREV from someone on the forum for $375 I think. You can read a bit about the cooler here:

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/350Z.asp

We'll need a torque wrench that does inch-pounds, but fortunatly, i have one!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Theatrix
Professional

Oh that was you, son. Will you be hobbeling in with your ride or flat bedding in? (just kidding, that sucks)
Old 09-18-2006, 04:00 PM
helldorado

Originally Posted by stepson
I doubt it'd be less expensive when i got sick of the lack of low-end power and tried to turbo it . Thanks for the tip though, i'll check those guys out.
Yeah, but it has a back seat and a trunk! Odds are my girlfriend will just beat you up and steal your keys anyway, so take the easy way out.

Coolant runs through the throttle body. In the winter, it helps to keep the TB at operating temps, otherwise it'll get too cold you run the risk of ice forming on it or other malfunctions. In the summer, the coolant typically tends to keep the TB warmer than it needs to be, warming up your intake charge as air passes through the TB.

The valve allows you to bypass coolant through the throttle body. You can turn it on in the winter, off in the summer.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:12 PM
stepson

Oh that was you, son. Will you be hobbeling in with your ride or flat bedding in? (just kidding, that sucks)
I think i'll be towing it via the RX-8.

At least it'll run strong, even if it looks awful ...
Old 09-20-2006, 07:10 AM
VQdriver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe i'll show up with my newly painted S13 driftcar!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe You Should
Old 09-20-2006, 04:31 PM
deviantZ

Doesn't look like I'll be able to make the meet this weekend.

My father is coming up from Florida on Monday, so I've got to get the house ready.

Sounds like I'm going to miss a good one.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Theatrix
Professional

Re: Two questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Is the HKS F-CON V PRO an appropriate system for an 06' rev-up with intake and exhaust mods only for the moment.

Our club "Team Zag" is interested in bringing someone in for a weekend to tune some of our vehicles. Is this something that you would be interested in?

Sure I would be happy to tune the vehicles. For travel tunes, I will need at least 3-4 weeks leadtime, if you can do that. I will work around your schedules as best as possible.

For an NA car, the FCON is probably overkill, honestly. It will definately work perfect, but a UTEC is more than sufficient.

This is a PM that I sent Shariff from Forged regarding him coming up and doing a day of tuning.

Who would be interested?
Old 09-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Hazade

Re: Two questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Is the HKS F-CON V PRO an appropriate system for an 06' rev-up with intake and exhaust mods only for the moment.

Our club "Team Zag" is interested in bringing someone in for a weekend to tune some of our vehicles. Is this something that you would be interested in?

Sure I would be happy to tune the vehicles. For travel tunes, I will need at least 3-4 weeks leadtime, if you can do that. I will work around your schedules as best as possible.

For an NA car, the FCON is probably overkill, honestly. It will definately work perfect, but a UTEC is more than sufficient.

This is a PM that I sent Shariff from Forged regarding him coming up and doing a day of tuning.

Who would be interested?

I'd be interested in a tune, depending on costs.. also, what kind of tuning? Is he going to flash ecu or will we need to have some sort of aftermarket piggyback?

On a sidenote, I can definitely make it this sunday.. girlfriend is going to be in NYC so i'm golden. I have also done the motordyne 5/16th spacer on my car so I should be able to help with your install of that. How many people plan on showing up this sunday anyway?

One more thing.. I dont remember if this has been discussed before, but I have a dent I need fixed and was thinking of going through a PDR guy. I dont know if anybody else would be interested in that or if anybody has any recommendations. I know a guy is coming to that ECZA meet I might just use his services. Is there any interests in cruising to that? I think its in Concordsville PA

Quick Reply: Team ZaG / 09/24/ Meet