Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

BAN THIS SHOP (Pro-1 Collision) (in N.J.)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:16 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

seems to me like you are a spoiled little baby... guy knocks off 8-9k off your work and you expect it done A.S.A.P. and then when it doesn't .. you report him to BBB? you sponsorship kids are all the fcking same.. you don't want to pay for **** and yo uwant it all paid for you.. then you drive around in your sponsored car like you built if from the ground up and spent your hard earn money on it..

Sponsors need to beware of YOU.. not we need to beware of Sponsors
Old 01-23-2007, 04:32 AM
tranceformer95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you read the details closely Potter have him plenty of notice to when he needed the car, and in the last case especially he told him waaaay ahead of time when he needed the car done by.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, what are your guys problems?

first, just cause he's sponsored doesn't mean he should or would expect to get shoddy work. I have seen potters car and they messed up quite a bit to be putting their name on the car.

Why would you think a shop sponsoring a car would give them the short stick? they are giving him a deal because they are going to get publicity and referrals from him, you would expect them to do a great job and treat you well. wouldn't you? if you are sponsored by someone you are putting your own reputation on the line by associating yourself with them.

you people need a reality check. Potter is a nice guy, no matter what mistakes he made you have no right to flame HIM for this situation. Imagine if you spent (even heavily discounted or whatever) 5k on bodywork you would want a good job. right? so everyone needs to calm down and think if you were him in this situation.

and Doug: do you know Potter? have you met him to make those assumptions? I didn't think so.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Azeem Khan

Great, my car is scheduled to go into his shop on Feb 26th off of Mr. Potters referral. Im in no rush to get the car back by any certain date, so timelyness isnt a major issue for me. But can you please give me a heads up if the work is gonna be crappy so I can look for another shop if i need to.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:40 AM
doug

Originally Posted by Motormouth
dude, what are your guys problems?

first, just cause he's sponsored doesn't mean he should or would expect to get shoddy work. I have seen potters car and they messed up quite a bit to be putting their name on the car.

Why would you think a shop sponsoring a car would give them the short stick? they are giving him a deal because they are going to get publicity and referrals from him, you would expect them to do a great job and treat you well. wouldn't you? if you are sponsored by someone you are putting your own reputation on the line by associating yourself with them.

you people need a reality check. Potter is a nice guy, no matter what mistakes he made you have no right to flame HIM for this situation. Imagine if you spent (even heavily discounted or whatever) 5k on bodywork you would want a good job. right? so everyone needs to calm down and think if you were him in this situation.

and Doug: do you know Potter? have you met him to make those assumptions? I didn't think so.
I am sure he is a nice guy.. but personally i don't like people who get sponsored and get a whole bunch of free **** for nothign while the rest of us have to pay for it
Old 01-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Motormouth
Banned

that makes no sense, other then jealousy. do you know what is required to get a sponsorship usually? you need to go to x number of shows, or allow them to use your car for advertisements... and you still pay... how many people put 5k into bodywork/paint anyway, so basically it allows you to pay around what you could but get better stuff then you normally would.

in the same vein, if you dislike those guys then you should hate every shop owner who has a car since they get their stuff for cheap and don't pay labor... it doesn't really make sense, but it's about the same. and even further you can hate the guys who install their own parts and don't have to pay labor... where does it end?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:55 PM
CG 350Z

Damn Eddie, sorry to hear how things went down. I totally back you up motormouth. I'm sure Eddie kept going back to the guy since they knew each other for about 6 years and so wouldn't you befriend anyone that you knew for that long. Welp at least file is claimed and hopefully things work out bro.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:07 PM
HARRYPOTTER

it's all good now....my car is in perfect shape....I just didn't want this to happen to any of my fellow 350Z owners....

And thanks motor .... I don't reply to ignorance
Old 01-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Mrpeepers

Isn't the purpose of a sponsorship between shop and car owner mutually beneficial? The owner gets the product name out in shows and the driver gets a hook up on the car. I think Potter was more than holding up his end of the bargain with giving him exact dates, plenty of time, money in advance, and loyalty to the product. I wanted to get sponsored at one point, but i had a bad experience with the sponsor not even following up with me. I feel your frustration potter
Old 01-23-2007, 03:33 PM
1G-350Z

Originally Posted by HARRYPOTTER
it's all good now....my car is in perfect shape....I just didn't want this to happen to any of my fellow 350Z owners....

And thanks motor .... I don't reply to ignorance
I'm one of the customers, Eddie refered to Pro-1, My experience was not so great as well... My rear bumper is not perfect, and eventually someone else will redo it. And one of the side skirts after a year has a hairline split. That will also be addressed with orginal Hybrid Ings sides, and hopfully a good body shop... I think Eddie should give me @ least 300.00 toward future bodywork... Since he swore by Pro-1 and made me drive across the river to do so!
Old 01-24-2007, 04:08 AM
HARRYPOTTER

.....he was really good at one point, but then I guess after all the drugs or Alcohol he just became a loser. He could do anything with fiberglass, but he just f'ed up his life....and his reputaion
Old 01-24-2007, 07:41 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

man just post pics of your car to shut the haters up k thanks
Old 01-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Fluid1

Best of luck with your car.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:55 AM
HARRYPOTTER

Are you calling me stupid...?
Watch your mouth...You don't know me.

Like I said before I posted this to warn other people...I don't care for your asinine comments towards me. If you have a problem with what I posted that’s fine discuss it here, but if you repeatedly continue to demonstrate your rudeness, then I have no choice but to defend myself.

If you have a problem with me personally I’ll be glad to handle the situation however you want (surely you must know me…but then again if you knew me, you wouldn’t call me stupid in the first place).

When you graduate from the name calling stage then you can speak.

Last edited by HARRYPOTTER; 01-24-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:07 AM
1G-350Z

Originally Posted by doug
seems to me like you are a spoiled little baby... guy knocks off 8-9k off your work and you expect it done A.S.A.P. and then when it doesn't .. you report him to BBB? you sponsorship kids are all the fcking same.. you don't want to pay for **** and yo uwant it all paid for you.. then you drive around in your sponsored car like you built if from the ground up and spent your hard earn money on it..

Seriously If you knew Eddie and his background... You would quickly realize he is far from spoiled... Actually he is one of the most grounded down to earth people around. He does alot of charity work, or he is doing something proactive for some cause... As far as Pro-1 is considered... Eddie has extended Pro-1 a lot... I think the car took over a year than intended! Seriosly I don't have that kind of patience...
Old 02-15-2007, 06:22 PM
doug

Originally Posted by HARRYPOTTER
Are you calling me stupid...?
Watch your mouth...You don't know me.

Like I said before I posted this to warn other people...I don't care for your asinine comments towards me. If you have a problem with what I posted that’s fine discuss it here, but if you repeatedly continue to demonstrate your rudeness, then I have no choice but to defend myself.

If you have a problem with me personally I’ll be glad to handle the situation however you want (surely you must know me…but then again if you knew me, you wouldn’t call me stupid in the first place).

When you graduate from the name calling stage then you can speak.

who is this directed to? me? i sure as hell know you are not talking to me
Old 02-16-2007, 10:22 AM
imjdoggie

Originally Posted by gNaRKiLL
I think most of this is your fault, why would you continue to go back to him after he repeatedly screws up.
That was my first question when I read this thread.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:18 PM
NJDAN

who is this directed to? me? i sure as hell know you are not talking to me
OH God, heres come all the forum tough guys. Potter if you need any assistance please let me know.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Motormouth
Banned

^hahahaha... conneticut is gonna drive down to jersey to beat some *** cause he was disrespectful and got called out...
Old 02-16-2007, 04:10 PM
z350boy
Banned

Whoa....Whoa there buddy. Think this through. WHAT YOU PAY for something is irrelevant!!! If you agree on a price for a good or service BOTH parties are bound by their agreement. The level of attention given should NOT decrease because the shop agreed to a price that is below what they would normally charge!! Also you must consider that with sponsorships you are obligated to do certain things for the sponsoring firm. If Harrypotter has a show that he MUST go to then he certainly has a right to be upset. The shops incompetence is directly impacting Harrypotter's ability to live up to HIS OBLIGATIONS AND IT COST HIM MONEY!! There is NO way you can convince me the shop was in the right. If they did not want to do the job they should have refused to do the work.

Last edited by z350boy; 02-16-2007 at 06:57 PM.

Quick Reply: BAN THIS SHOP (Pro-1 Collision) (in N.J.)