Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

King of Prussia, PA meeting

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 04:24 AM
LemonSTI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sry110
I thought the meet was at the UA theater parking lot Did I miss something? (It's probably right there in the thread but I missed it)
Because retards decided to ruin it, we are going to move to the Valley Forge park. I am going there this weekend to get the permit. Once that happens, I will post all the final information. If some kids try to be cool and do burnouts, ruining this for us, their plates will be given to the police. Its already becoming hard enough for us to have meets, we don't need any of that.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:43 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LemonSTI
Because retards decided to ruin it, we are going to move to the Valley Forge park. I am going there this weekend to get the permit. Once that happens, I will post all the final information. If some kids try to be cool and do burnouts, ruining this for us, their plates will be given to the police. Its already becoming hard enough for us to have meets, we don't need any of that.
Yeah only takes one kid to **** in the pool I guess.

The park will be a much nicer setting anyway. Thanks for going through all this effort!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:58 AM
LemonSTI

Yeah only takes one kid to **** in the pool I guess.

The park will be a much nicer setting anyway. Thanks for going through all this effort!
Yea, it does only take one kid to spoil the fun. Unfortunately it happens because someone thinks its cool to try and show off or act like a retard. This is exactly why tuners have such a bad name. The park should allow us to get some better pics and maybe some can go for a cruise. I have no problem doing this for us, as long as everyone agrees to obey the rules. But since i will be paying for the park fee, I will have no problem turning in plates for kids that race, burnouts, donuts or whatever. I hope we can have a meet this size a few times this year.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Yea, it does only take one kid to spoil the fun. Unfortunately it happens because someone thinks its cool to try and show off or act like a retard. This is exactly why tuners have such a bad name. The park should allow us to get some better pics and maybe some can go for a cruise. I have no problem doing this for us, as long as everyone agrees to obey the rules. But since i will be paying for the park fee, I will have no problem turning in plates for kids that race, burnouts, donuts or whatever. I hope we can have a meet this size a few times this year.
that is why you host the meet at a pre-arranged spot where you contact the owner of the land and get approval to use the land for a tuner car event...
not just show up without prior communication with the owner of the land and start car meets...
if the owner of the land is a car enthusiast himself then he might/will approve to burn up his lot and do burnouts and donuts...

its just most car meets are done without permission of the land owner...
get organized, get sponsored, get permissions then no 1 will bother you even if you do donuts and burnouts

Last edited by Vamos_Rafael; 02-23-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:02 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by Vamos_Rafael
that is why you host the meet at a pre-arranged spot where you contact the owner of the land and get approval to use the land for a tuner car event...
not just show up without prior communication with the owner of the land and start car meets...
if the owner of the land is a car enthusiast himself then he might/will approve to burn up his lot and do burnouts and donuts...

its just most car meets are done without permission of the land owner...
get organized, get sponsored, get permissions then no 1 will bother you even if you do donuts and burnouts
Well I would contend that a car meet is for people to drive their cars in, park them, and leave them parked until they leave. And when they leave, they should drive civilized. Best option for tire-squealing, donut-doing action would be one of those drift events they have in Jersey a few times each year.

I seem to remember some guy on a motorcycle trying to show off doing a wheelie at the UA parking lot and he threw himself into a guard rail / chain link fence on the edge of a ravine. Not only did he supposedly slice his finger(s) open, but it was by far the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Not.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:07 PM
mifastZ

Yea, I've seen some stupid **** in my day too. I went to Valley Forge last summer and got some great pictures of my Z. I think that will be a nicer atmosphere at the park then the UA Parking lot. I would feel like I was in High School again driving to the movies. And I'm well past that. Anyway, Sounds Fun. I should be there.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Wink

Well I would contend that a car meet is for people to drive their cars in, park them, and leave them parked until they leave. And when they leave, they should drive civilized. Best option for tire-squealing, donut-doing action would be one of those drift events they have in Jersey a few times each year.

I seem to remember some guy on a motorcycle trying to show off doing a wheelie at the UA parking lot and he threw himself into a guard rail / chain link fence on the edge of a ravine. Not only did he supposedly slice his finger(s) open, but it was by far the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Not.
i was there...
i hosted those summer car gatherings at UA lol...
Old 02-24-2007, 03:55 PM
mifastZ

Well I recruited my STI buddy, and He's gonna ask some of his STI/EVO guys also. Put me down for 100%. Great way to start off the Spring. Looking Foward to this.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:42 PM
ccns23

Not.
I took the guy to the hospital. They put the stitches through his fingernail to keep the tip of his finger on. He was lucky that fence was there or he would have been roadkill.

I did think it was funny how everyone left after that happened. Someone called the police and then scattered. The cops didn't care that we were having a meet, they just wanted to know what was going on.

But the lot in Valley Forge park is way better for hosting meets. We had a huge G meet about 2 years ago in the lot. It's a great spot.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 AM
LemonSTI

OK, thought I would keep you guys posted. I tried to get in contact with the Park, and giving like 3 different numbers to contact, all were disconnected. Currently, I am trying to get someone that works around KOP to be able to go to the park and ask for a permit during their lunch break. I work by the airport and don't have the time to do it during the week and they aren't there on the weekend. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:11 AM
sry110

OK, thought I would keep you guys posted. I tried to get in contact with the Park, and giving like 3 different numbers to contact, all were disconnected. Currently, I am trying to get someone that works around KOP to be able to go to the park and ask for a permit during their lunch break. I work by the airport and don't have the time to do it during the week and they aren't there on the weekend. Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry I can't help out, but I just can't get down to KoP on a business day due to my work schedule. Have you had any luck getting in touch with these people?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:29 AM
LemonSTI

Sorry I can't help out, but I just can't get down to KoP on a business day due to my work schedule. Have you had any luck getting in touch with these people?
Its ok, one of the STI guys went and we got denied. Some BS about how its not in the interest of the park. They suggested some hotels that have restuarants, saying if we can use their parking lots, a bunch of us will use their restuarant. I am going to KOP this weekend to see what I can come up with.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:58 AM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See What You Can Do Since We Are Going To Have A Huge Turnout
Old 03-06-2007, 05:05 AM
AbsolutSpeedZ

well thats bullsheeet, if that doesn't work, is there an alternative park locaiton, I know they had the show on Paoli Pike where Genaurdi's used to be located and about a quarter of a mile down the street from there is another park, East Goshen Park, not nearly as nice though.....
Old 03-06-2007, 08:38 AM
LemonSTI

Originally Posted by AbsolutSpeedZ
well thats bullsheeet, if that doesn't work, is there an alternative park locaiton, I know they had the show on Paoli Pike where Genaurdi's used to be located and about a quarter of a mile down the street from there is another park, East Goshen Park, not nearly as nice though.....
A few of us are trying some other place. We are going to check the VF convention center and some local restaurant.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Vamos_Rafael

so how many are expected?
i might be able to help...
as i've hosted lots of **** before
Old 03-07-2007, 03:15 AM
LemonSTI

Originally Posted by Vamos_Rafael
so how many are expected?
i might be able to help...
as i've hosted lots of **** before
I think it looks like 50 cars right now.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:39 AM
sry110

I wonder if there are any good parks up in montgomery or bucks county, where the land is a lot more wide-open? Unfortunately I don't know that area too well so I can't suggest anything.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:04 AM
mifastZ

I live in Bucks Co. Theres a few cool places. Tyler Park in Newtown, Core Creek Park in Langhorne....but I'm not sure if any of these places require a permit since theres going to be a large # of people coming plus it being organized. These places you could play football, cook some burgers/dogs. Or you could shoot for a mall parking lot...kinda cheesy...but beggars cant be choosers.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 AM
AbsolutSpeedZ

We can go where the Blown Euros event will be haha. thats in Bucks county.

Quick Reply: King of Prussia, PA meeting