Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

soon to be a new Z owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:00 PM
350zach077

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soon to be a new Z owner

hey guys im lookin into buying a 07 Z maybe a base or enthusiast, what are the pros n cons of both? right now i have a 2002 lancer oz rally, with a 4g63 swapp(talon tsi motor) with some work done to it, i like it, but want something brand new, and something thats fun to drive, ive looked into evos and stis, but they dont seem to phase me, my bro has an 07 sti, and my best friend has n evo, doing 450awhp, the interior looks indentical to mine, and i feel as if i were in the same car, STI's and wrx are well known for there great transmission problems, i kno the 03 Z's have tanny problems as well, but hey, let me kno what you think
Old 08-10-2007, 06:39 PM
stalarman@yahoo

Hi let me drop in and share a bit here and there. I can first of all say that any 03 that has not had its synchronizer problem taken care of before powertrain is up is not worth purchasing. Alot of debates go on everyday between base and enth/touring. If you want a base model you are in my opinion not getting much there. enth/touring will stand out more. If you dont care about leather, auto dimming mirror, and bose/controls on your steering wheel and traction control a base is basically self describing in its own entity. enth/touring will give more options. Lot of people buy a base and get the LSD aftermarket and do their own thing. traction control is the biggest miss on a base. i could go on forever, but a search would do more justice for you. good luck. 03-04 = tranny problem. 05 - "best" model by opinion. 06-07 oil consumtion problems. take your pick. not all have them.. just what i've seen.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:42 PM
350zach077

thanks man, moneys really not an issue, so maybe ill oppt with a grand touring or enthusiasts...most likely buy one brandy new, this way i can break the car in the way id like too
Old 08-10-2007, 07:23 PM
stalarman@yahoo

Well thats a decision youll figure out. Brand new would be nice. Take not that the 08's will be on the nissan lots in a matter of months. My guess 3-4 at most. However, should any problems arise in which i mentioned before the dealer will replace them if caught under warranty. The only thing i can say about grand touring besides the brembo brake option which is kick *** is that i would be careful if im going aftermarket rims. It already has the 19 to 18 rear-front diff. Best thing is go to a dealer when they're closed and look around a little bit. You will have a clearer mind.. instead of being bum rushed by those vultures. Good luck. The navigation is a waste of good earned money imo. whatever rocks your boat.