Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Need A Tuner Around Boston Or Nh

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 06:33 PM
CelticPride2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These guys are closer to Worcester than Boston, but I know multiple people who've been happy with them. Might be worth a shot:

http://enhancedstreetperformance.com (Sterling, MA)
Old 08-14-2007, 07:22 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z4LIFEBR
i know 2 of my o2 sensors are bad...but the car was running fine other than a little rich before i took it to them..its not that the turbos stop working. its because the tune is so lean up top(after dsg messed with it) that the turbos shut down i think...i mean i hear the turbos working till about 2 psi, but than after 2 psi, my air/fuel ratio guage reads lean and imediatelly the turbos cut off...
I've never heard of "turbos cutting off" because you are running too lean? ... I've heard of detonation due to this condition but this wouldn't stop the turbos from churning out the boost..

If you ask my opinion you got some other serious problems going on there that you should fix besides the tune.. good luck, I wish i had an answer for ya..

--mike
Old 08-15-2007, 02:19 AM
Z4LIFEBR

to be honest i don't really know if its the tune or a mechanical problem, to give more details, the car will drive to 7k(redline) rpms if i keep my feet at about 30% throtle and if the turbos don't try to kick in. but if i punch it and give it 100%, right after 2 psi and after my guage reads lean, i'ts like the whole car turns off, like i can have the gas pedal all the way down. but the car will not gain speed until i let off the gas pedal and go back to giving it only a little throtle. i had a problem like this also before i installed the turbos. i was driving on an almost empty gas tank and the car did the same thing. gave it some gas and it did not move, only moved after i only pressed the gas pedal a little. then i got a cel, and went to auto zone and it was the gas pedal sensor, but the guys at auto zone deleted the code and it never came back so i didn't do anything about it..any chances it might have anything to do with that?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:02 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

it sounds like you are in limp mode or something.. do you have a CEL right now? If you had this problem before your TT install it would have probably been smart if you took care of all your problems before you put on the TT's??????

Who did your original TT install? What year is the car?

Honestly shops hate fixing other people's messes and customers that aren't 100% up front about their car. It's probably why you are seeing the responses you are getting.. Some shops like MRC won't even tune a car if you didn't buy and intall the engine management from them..

--mike
Old 08-15-2007, 10:20 AM
617G

Originally Posted by Scootch
DSG FTW

Ballistic is ok, but i wasnt impressed with them at all, between stories and customer service, I also asked some question from scoot and he just came across as an arrogant guy who knew it all "Just IMO Tho, O Well His Loss"

DSG Tuner is 100x better from what ive seen
Don't confuse arrogrance with confidence...just because someone isn't impressed by a bolt-on Stillen car, doesn't mean they're arrogant. I've seen the isntall process and 3 stillen cars come out Ballistic. Quite frankly, I'm not impressed either after seeing the custom twin turbo Cobra or the custom turbo kit and exhaust for a Lotus, or the dozens of TIG welded ITB's for s2k's....I would go on, but then you'd think I was arrogant

you haven't been a customer of either shop...stop listening to stories and get some facts and don't even get me started on customer service...I'm going to say this nicely Joe..."Get your head out of your a$$..."

Let's get some facts straight...Scott sent the OP to DSG in the first place because he was busy wiring a Haltech to a beautiful turbo Spec V Sentra that DSG said they couldn't do. It's funny how DSG told Scott they'd look at it over the phone, but once the car came and they realized it was f'ed up, they just ignored the poor guy.

The OP's car is ****ed (sorry man). It's my understanding that he purchased a used motor with a used APS TT and had it installed by some shop in NY/Jersey. When you tap on the gas at idle, it drops into the 9's They guy dropped it by and Scott looked at it while he had time..unfortunately, it requires a lot of attention and Scott doesn't have time ATM. That's why he called every single tuner around to see if they would look at it (DSG being one of them)

Sorry OP, I don't mean to speak for you, but I gotta set the record straight. Too much BS going around. Best of luck man! Scott called pretty much every tuner around

Last edited by 617G; 08-15-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Z4LIFEBR

i have a ses light. it seems like tdc tuning is ofering me a hand at things..so we'll see how it goes...the instalation was done at hybridconnection in buffalo,NY..wich i can take the car back there for them to take a look at it again, but trying to avoid driving down there, it's an 8 hour drive one way.

Last edited by Z4LIFEBR; 08-15-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:57 PM
617G

i have a ses light. it seems like tdc tuning is ofering me a hand at things..so we'll see how it goes...the instalation was done at hybridconnection in buffalo,NY..wich i can take the car back there for them to take a look at it again, but trying to avoid driving down there, it's an 8 hour drive one way.
Is your car even safe to drive? What's your AFR out of boost? Does the SES light blink at all?

Why don't you stop by an autozone and see what the code is?

Last edited by 617G; 08-15-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Z4LIFEBR

i've been to auto zone. the slip i got is this.

troubleshooting p0300

the powertrain control module monitors the crankshaft speed and has detected a misfire condition.

problable causes

1-ignition system fault spark plugs, ignition wires, coil.
2-vacuum leak
3-injector fault
4-hoigh or low fuel pressure

air/fuel is all over the place. goes from anywhere between 10's to 19's... but mostly at 13 to 14

Last edited by Z4LIFEBR; 08-15-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:28 PM
617G

i've been to auto zone. the slip i got is this.

troubleshooting p0300

the powertrain control module monitors the crankshaft speed and has detected a misfire condition.

problable causes

1-ignition system fault spark plugs, ignition wires, coil.
2-vacuum leak
3-injector fault
4-hoigh or low fuel pressure
Def not good...if you're getting missfire, your SES light should be blinking. I would recommend you NOT drive the car with a missfire code, but it may be too late as it seems you've been driving it around like this.

Hopefully TDC can help, but I think it's probably a lot more than just a tune.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Z4LIFEBR

yeah i called them out already, and monday they will look at the car to see if they can find something out and then tuesday do the tuning if everything gets worked out mechanically.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:58 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

I had my car tuned (UTEC) by Edwin Foo at ESP in Sterling. He did a decent job. I had no map to start with whatsoever and a fair number of mods (fuel system/injectors etc). ESP has a Mustang Dyno and Edwin has tuned a lot of different cars and EMS's.

I'd also recommend DSG. Getting them to call you back can be tough so call them and ask for Alex or Bill. Just keep calling back until you get one of them on the phone.

Never heard of TDC.

po300 is a random misfire. It can be as simple as a single cell being too lean. But from the sound of it you are going into limp mode and most likely way too lean - be careful.

Last edited by 35ounces; 08-16-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

i know 2 of my o2 sensors are bad...but the car was running fine other than a little rich before i took it to them..its not that the turbos stop working. its because the tune is so lean up top(after dsg messed with it) that the turbos shut down i think...i mean i hear the turbos working till about 2 psi, but than after 2 psi, my air/fuel ratio guage reads lean and imediatelly the turbos cut off...
Turbos dont "cut off" Your most likely knocking like crazy and hitting the knock retard of overboost fuel cut.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:08 AM
Z4LIFEBR

im hoping/praying it's nothing serious but we'll find out when tdc takes a look at it...
Old 08-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Z4LIFEBR

ok guys, got my car tuned.can't remember what dyno they had but the reading is suposed to be 10% less than the reading on the dynojet. the car made 359whp at 10 psi,i think that is kind of low, but at least the car is not running weird,a lot better than before. but the misfire code is still there, coulnd't find out what's causing it to misfire.we checked all spark plugs and regaped them. i think my next step will be sending the car to sherif, to check for boost leaks and to figure out what;s causing the misfire and get another tune.my goal are about 500whp.i'll try and post the dyno sheet later...
Old 08-22-2007, 04:14 PM
unchi

ok guys, got my car tuned.can't remember what dyno they had but the reading is suposed to be 10% less than the reading on the dynojet. the car made 359whp at 10 psi,i think that is kind of low, but at least the car is not running weird,a lot better than before. but the misfire code is still there, coulnd't find out what's causing it to misfire.we checked all spark plugs and regaped them. i think my next step will be sending the car to sherif, to check for boost leaks and to figure out what;s causing the misfire and get another tune.my goal are about 500whp.i'll try and post the dyno sheet later...
Its a Land and Sea Dyno
Reads the same as a Dyno Dynamics like Forge and MRC has
TDC's suggestion is to replace the junk 02 sensors you have with good ones.

Your car @ 11:1 afr could not take more timing than 12-14 degrees @10 psi
ask a few tuners what the car should make with that setup and see where you "should be "
Old 08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by 350zach077
does anyone kno of any good tuners in CT?
CT is 1 hour from us if your willing to drive down.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Z4LIFEBR

you're right john, my plans are 500whp, maybe a little less if using dyno dynamics or a land and sea dyno like you have. but i will also be raising the boost in it. probably to about 13-14.
yeah the o2 sensors are bad...i ordered new ones from the dealership next to you guys and they got me the wrong ones.(worthless dealerships), but that will be done very soon. i always thaught 400whp at 10 psi could be done at even the lowest reading dynos out there.but i'll do some more research on that. if it can be done, ill probalbly send it to sherif for a boost leak test and a new tune....tdc thanks for helping me out once again.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:32 PM
unchi

you're right john, my plans are 500whp, maybe a little less if using dyno dynamics or a land and sea dyno like you have. but i will also be raising the boost in it. probably to about 13-14.
yeah the o2 sensors are bad...i ordered new ones from the dealership next to you guys and they got me the wrong ones.(worthless dealerships), but that will be done very soon. i always thaught 400whp at 10 psi could be done at even the lowest reading dynos out there.but i'll do some more research on that. if it can be done, ill probalbly send it to sherif for a boost leak test and a new tune....tdc thanks for helping me out once again.
i wish it made more too but maybe that CEL is causing other issues inside the ECU?
anywho, get the 02 fixed and TDC can re dyno to see if it helped!!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:35 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

you are going to send your car to GA for a boost leak test?! WERD!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Z4LIFEBR

Originally Posted by unchi
i wish it made more too but maybe that CEL is causing other issues inside the ECU?
anywho, get the 02 fixed and TDC can re dyno to see if it helped!!
yeah, i will try to get things all fixed out, and will probblably do that.

Quick Reply: Need A Tuner Around Boston Or Nh