Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Need A Tuner Around Boston Or Nh

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Z4LIFEBR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 35ounces
you are going to send your car to GA for a boost leak test?! WERD!
boost leak and a new tune. i've been having lots of problems with my car, not including tdc, the other shops i've taken the car either messed up the car even more(DSG) or the waiting time is very big for shops who have knowledge on 350z's. there is a lot of shops that are huge on evos and subarus around my area like tdc and dsg. my first choice was ballistic motorports, but his tuner is having family problems, next choice would be mrc, but they wont tune the car without me buying a utec from them,and i already have one. i could buy one from them and sell mine but also having to drive 250+ miles too is not something i want to do. ...but for what i see sherif is a goru with messing on 350z's...and i want my car running right with the numbers i want as for whp, so money right now is not really an issue...getting the car in perfect condition is....no ofense to tdc, they have a great shop and they did everything they could to help me out.they worked on the car for a good 5 hours.most of the time was trying to figure out what dsg did to the car.im happy for now with the tune provided, im happy that the car is running without the turbos not working right.so it will be a few months before i send it to him.i'll try getting used to the new power now, before pushing it more.i mean 360 whp is enough for my car yo try to go sideways on 2nd and and even 3rd at about 60mph if i punch it....

Last edited by Z4LIFEBR; 08-22-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

How come they did not run more than 10 psi on the car?? We can do a tune on your utec as well as run a diagnostic of any issues you might have.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:42 PM
unchi

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
How come they did not run more than 10 psi on the car?? We can do a tune on your utec as well as run a diagnostic of any issues you might have.
apparently it wouldn't run any more boost
im unsure of his boost control device
Old 08-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by unchi
apparently it wouldn't run any more boost
im unsure of his boost control device
Boost control device or wastegate issue..Or both..
Old 08-23-2007, 02:16 AM
Z4LIFEBR

yeah he couldn't mess with the boost controler for some reason..(i have a blitz boost controler). i'm gonna fix the o2 sensors and try to figure out what's causing the misfire code and try to do another run at tdc's dyno to see what happens.if nothing changes i'll have somebody else check the car out...
Old 08-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Z4LIFEBR
yeah he couldn't mess with the boost controler for some reason..(i have a blitz boost controler). i'm gonna fix the o2 sensors and try to figure out what's causing the misfire code and try to do another run at tdc's dyno to see what happens.if nothing changes i'll have somebody else check the car out...
Did he not know how to use the boost controler? Did you have the instructions for it?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:45 AM
unchi

Did he not know how to use the boost controler? Did you have the instructions for it?
it would not run more boost. period
Mike attempted to raise the boost but it would go no higher
Old 08-25-2007, 02:11 AM
Z4LIFEBR

dsg also scaned my ses light and they told me that the o2 sensors that were bad were the ones in the front....after ordering them, i found out that the ones that are bad are the ones in the rear..
Old 08-25-2007, 04:49 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

well if they gave you the code (which I would expect you to ask for) then you would know what it is. d'oh!
Old 08-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Z4LIFEBR
dsg also scaned my ses light and they told me that the o2 sensors that were bad were the ones in the front....after ordering them, i found out that the ones that are bad are the ones in the rear..
even if the O2 sensors were bad, it would still make boost.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:19 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There are O2 sensors in the rear?

I thought there were only 2 in front?

Unless they added more O2 sensors in latter years?
Old 08-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by g-unit9999
There are O2 sensors in the rear?

I thought there were only 2 in front?

Unless they added more O2 sensors in latter years?
The Z ang G both have a total of 4 O2 sensors, 2 heated upper ones, and two secondary lower ones to give feedback on the catylitic converters efficiencey.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:51 AM
unchi

even if the O2 sensors were bad, it would still make boost.
the car makes 10 psi and is tuned for it currently
Old 08-25-2007, 01:47 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

what are those APS TT WG actuators set at in the kit form anyhow?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by 35ounces
what are those APS TT WG actuators set at in the kit form anyhow?
If they were the stock actuators 9-11 psi max.This may be the issue.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:15 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

If they were the stock actuators 9-11 psi max.This may be the issue.
That's what I figured.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

The O.P. dropped his car off at our shop on Saturday for a complete diagnostics and repair/retune of his car.
We kind of had a good idea his car would be a problem child having 2 different shops attempt to tune it.
Well we got around to putting her on the dyno this afternoon for a baseline and diagnostics.
First thing we noticed is the car was ideling at 12.5 AF, PIG RICH.We proceded to tune the idle to a nice 14.5 at idle and noticed a misfire at idle and a slight vacume leak. When we looked into the UTEC, we observed the tune to be incredibly pathetic, and outright dangerous. Whoever tuned his car, has very little tuning experience on 350Z's. Thier timing at Peak TQ was 19-20Degrees Way more than a stock Z runs without a turbo in it. The Entire timing map was dangerous to say the least, so we immidiately pulled 7-9 degrees from the entire map and proceeded to check the rest of the parameters.
Next thing we observed, was the tuner had put no temperature corrections in the UTEC, which meant in the cooler North east weather, the air density would produce more boost pressure and the UTEC would be unable to compensate the fueling.In short, had he boosted in the cooler weather the car would go way lean and POP.
We then decided to attempt a baseline, however as soon as I went WOT the A/F went into the 14-15's and the car misfired. The tune in the car was HORRIBLE...In fact, the worst hack tune I have seen to date in a UTEC.
We procceded to tweak the AF levels and with very safe tiing and an A/F ratio in the 10's we managed to make a full pass at 397whp
Proper tuning in this car will unleash about another 40-70 whp as we see it.

Our gameplan is as follows:
1)change plugs
2)compression test while at it
3)find and fix vacumme leak
4)change oil and get proper levels
5)reflash the UTEC with new software and retune

The motor may be hurt by now from improper and negligent tunes on it. We simply get angry when we see the quality of work that 350Z customers are being charged for and not reciving. We dont mean to sound arrogant or cocky, however the more cars like this we see, the more we confirm we are simply the BEST 350Z shop in the North East..
So in short his issues thus far were
1)poor A/F at idle
2)vacumme leak
3)poor utec tune
4)bad plugs
Old 09-17-2007, 02:13 PM
unchi

The O.P. dropped his car off at our shop on Saturday for a complete diagnostics and repair/retune of his car.
We kind of had a good idea his car would be a problem child having 2 different shops attempt to tune it.
Well we got around to putting her on the dyno this afternoon for a baseline and diagnostics.
First thing we noticed is the car was ideling at 12.5 AF, PIG RICH.We proceded to tune the idle to a nice 14.5 at idle and noticed a misfire at idle and a slight vacume leak. When we looked into the UTEC, we observed the tune to be incredibly pathetic, and outright dangerous. Whoever tuned his car, has very little tuning experience on 350Z's. Thier timing at Peak TQ was 19-20Degrees Way more than a stock Z runs without a turbo in it. The Entire timing map was dangerous to say the least, so we immidiately pulled 7-9 degrees from the entire map and proceeded to check the rest of the parameters.
Next thing we observed, was the tuner had put no temperature corrections in the UTEC, which meant in the cooler North east weather, the air density would produce more boost pressure and the UTEC would be unable to compensate the fueling.In short, had he boosted in the cooler weather the car would go way lean and POP.
We then decided to attempt a baseline, however as soon as I went WOT the A/F went into the 14-15's and the car misfired. The tune in the car was HORRIBLE...In fact, the worst hack tune I have seen to date in a UTEC.
We procceded to tweak the AF levels and with very safe tiing and an A/F ratio in the 10's we managed to make a full pass at 397whp
Proper tuning in this car will unleash about another 40-70 whp as we see it.

Our gameplan is as follows:
1)change plugs
2)compression test while at it
3)find and fix vacumme leak
4)change oil and get proper levels
5)reflash the UTEC with new software and retune

The motor may be hurt by now from improper and negligent tunes on it. We simply get angry when we see the quality of work that 350Z customers are being charged for and not reciving. We dont mean to sound arrogant or cocky, however the more cars like this we see, the more we confirm we are simply the BEST 350Z shop in the North East..
So in short his issues thus far were
1)poor A/F at idle
2)vacumme leak
3)poor utec tune
4)bad plugs
ive seen the previous dynochart for this car
it was no where NEAR 14:1 in boost
it was more like 11.7
and the max timing that he had seen was 14-16 up top (redline) (far lower in the midrange)

I have a tendancy to think something is screwy with his car since it made 350-360 on the dyno that reads like a dyno dynamics
and was tuned very conservatively

or someone switched maps

here is his tune from before
It was when his o2's were still junk

I dont see 14:1 AFR ANYWHERE
BUT
mike told me the first run afre DSG tried to tune it it was the same thing that MRC described. Had to pull a ton of timing out and add LOTS of fuel
maybe the user RE loaded his old maps?

Last edited by unchi; 09-17-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by unchi
ive seen the previous dynochart for this car
it was no where NEAR 14:1 in boost
it was more like 11.7
and the max timing that he had seen was 14-16 up top (redline) (far lower in the midrange)

I have a tendancy to think something is screwy with his car since it made 350-360 on the dyno that reads like a dyno dynamics
and was tuned very conservatively

or someone switched maps

here is his tune from before
It was when his o2's were still junk

I dont see 14:1 AFR ANYWHERE
BUT
mike told me the first run afre DSG tried to tune it it was the same thing that MRC described. Had to pull a ton of timing out and add LOTS of fuel
maybe the user RE loaded his old maps?

The car was on MAP #3. Ask the original tuner what MAP he tuned, cause 3 was an abomination as far as tune goes..Not even sure it was a 350Z map.. Im telling you 19-20 degrees of timing at 4500-5000rpms (peak TQ range) at 20-100% load..
Old 09-17-2007, 03:45 PM
unchi

The car was on MAP #3. Ask the original tuner what MAP he tuned, cause 3 was an abomination as far as tune goes..Not even sure it was a 350Z map.. Im telling you 19-20 degrees of timing at 4500-5000rpms (peak TQ range) at 20-100% load..
i spoke to mike the tune he had made was @ redline maybe 16-18 (he doesn't
have the map in front of him currently) and far lower @ peak TQ
but that sounds like the map from DSG that he described to me
Do me a favor and check out the other maps
and if you can fwd them to me?
PM for email addy. i would like to see what the situation is as well

Quick Reply: Need A Tuner Around Boston Or Nh