Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

MA/NH/ME/RI/? caravan to CT July 12th Meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

eMan (Ethan) has contacted me about Walkie Talkies (FRSs ) and assignment of frequencies for the MA/NH caravan, as a means of communicating with each other. Since he has a clue what he is doing and I don't, I asked him to set up some assignments for each Caravan as well as one for CT people and one for anyone else that is coming to the meet from out of state (ie Canada, PA, FL, etc). Everyone should be able to access each assignment but I thought breaking them down a little might help the "traffic" on them. Here they are:

MA/NH Caravan: Channel 6, Code 17 (462.6875 MHz - 118.8 Hz)
NY Caravan: Channel 5, Code 21 (462.6625 MHz- 136.5 Hz)
NJ Caravan: Channel 7, Code 24 (462.7125 MHz - 151.4 Hz)
CT People: Channel 8, Code 27 (467.5625 MHz - 167.9 Hz)
Other (ie FL, PA, Canada, etc): Channel 4, Code 13 (462.6375 MHz - 103.5 Hz)

Pretty much any FRSs should work as long as it's a Motorola based design. You can pick them up pretty cheap (~$25 for a pair) and the range should be good for ~2 miles in a straight line. BTW I will be posting this same info in each thread so that everyone has the same information. I hope this helps.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:51 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default !!! Major LOCATION Change to July 12th CT Meet - Everyone coming PLEASE READ!!!

Due to the large number of attendees, we've had to change the location for the morning meet. It will NOT be at Hubbard Park in Meriden.

The new location is:
Park & Ride Lot
Industrial Park Road
Middletown, Connecticut

The parking lot at Hubbard Park in Meriden could only hold about 100 cars and we may top this. This would have created major havoc. This new location will hold up to 250 cars!

This new location is not too far from Meriden so it should not affect the travel time for people coming. Direction is as follows:

From ROUTE 91 NORTH
Take Exit 21 (Route 372 Cromwell/Berlin Exit)
Turn right at light
At next light (Super 8 on left) turn left
The lot will be about 1/4 mile on left just after the McDonald's

From ROUTE 91 SOUTH
Take Exit 21 (Route 372 Cromwell/Berlin Exit)
Go straight past light
The lot will be about 1/4 mile on left just after the McDonald's

I apologize for this last minute change but it was a MUST to ensure a more comfortable atmosphere.

Please spread the word to anyone you may know that is planning to come.

Because we do expect some stragglers to still go to Hubbard Park, we will have someone there to re-direct them to the new location.

Thanks for your understanding.
Vic
Old 07-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Misc information for the Caravan

I thought I would give an update in regard to the caravan. In addition I finally got around to checking out the rest stop where we are going to meet on Saturday morning and have made a diagram of it below. It seems that everyone I have talked to has made some mods to their cars just in our caravan. I am having the Borla exhaust put on (actually in about 5 hours...) in case anyone was curious how it sounds. Here's some info:
  • The exit for the Mass Pike off of 128 is Exit 25 going north (and I would assume the same going south).
  • The rest stop is 8.6 miles from the toll booths at 128 and is between the Natick and Framingham exits. It should definitely be big enough for all of the cars.
  • I will be getting there around 6:30-6:45 AM and others have expressed an interest of showing up about that time or earlier! We should probably leave around 7-7:15 AM as it should take about 1 hour 45 minutes.
  • Several people are bringing "gifts" for people just in our caravan.
  • There should be about 12-15 cars (350Zs and G35s) in the caravan including every color of 350Z available.
  • Deb (Neuf350Z) created a tshirt for the meet. I am going to place an order either Monday or Tuesday so please let me know if you want me to order one for you. Go to this page for more information (my post is the second one down).
  • The meet has been moved and it is now ~10 miles closer for us.
  • We may be picking up a couple of other people from Western MA at the Mass Pike and Hwy 84 intersection.
Thanks and I look forward to meeting you Saturday morning!