Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Getting a speeding ticket on a hardship license in MA

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 12:52 PM
DRIFTU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a speeding ticket on a hardship license in MA

To make a long story short:

I received 12 surcharge able events in a period of 5 years and they suspended my license for 4 years in the state of MA. I was without a license for 1 year, and after that 1 year, I went to the registry with an attorney and they gave me a hardship license (8am-8pm). I have been driving on the hardship license for a year now, I have 2 more years to go until i get my full driving priveleges back from the state. In October i was pulled over (along with 2 other Z members on these forums no names mentioned). We were all given speeding tickets going 80 on Masspike... it really didnt even feel as if we were going that fast. I was the last one too so i slowed down.

Anyway, I appealed the ticket and i am scheduled for a hearing on 2/12/08. I was wondering if it would be wise of me to bring an attorney, or just try to fight the ticket myself. My question is, if i am convicted of this offense, will they take away my hardship license or prolong my suspension?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

By the way i am selling my Z if anyone is interested. 04 black track 33k miles, with some nice mods
Old 01-24-2008, 03:33 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn MA is tougher then NY. 4yrs is a long time. You need a car that doesnt attract cops.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:56 PM
JRYAN350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hire an attorny..I know its a little late for the info but if you were found guilty I hope you appealed it to drag out the process. Mass is the worse state in the country when it comes to driving penalties. Anyway appeal it and bring an attorny to the next date. Good luck. I also live in Mass and have been subject to the same ****..