Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
View Poll Results: Run Dates
May 2 Weekend
11.76%
May 9 Weekend
20.59%
May 16 Weekend
13.24%
May 23 Weekend
14.71%
May 30 Weekend
39.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Spring Run

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 05:19 PM
G87z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vino_NJ
I'm from NJ too and only going for 2nd day..wanna meet up and head over together?

pm me
Hey, I was just stating that I was up for the 2nd day also. I am gonna do both days. After the 2nd day we can roll back to NJ together if ya want.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:21 PM
G87z

Originally Posted by psheehan
Heading over to Epping Dragway sounds like pretty sweet idea, anyone else down for some dragracing on day two?
Ive never been much of a fan of drag racing so id prefer 2 days of twisties, but we shall see what we can come up with. If we end up going to the dragway for the 2nd ill prolly break off and head back to NJ.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Wardriver25

I am in G87... like we did last year right? i hope this time we won't hit any traffic in the way back...lol
Old 03-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Vino_NJ

Originally Posted by G87z
Ive never been much of a fan of drag racing so id prefer 2 days of twisties, but we shall see what we can come up with. If we end up going to the dragway for the 2nd ill prolly break off and head back to NJ.

I agree...I wanted to come to drive with you guys
I dont race, esp from digs
Old 03-25-2008, 03:56 AM
G87z

Originally Posted by Wardriver25
I am in G87... like we did last year right? i hope this time we won't hit any traffic in the way back...lol

Hey what is going man? Nice to see your still around. I was wondering if you would show up. At leaste if you go I will know someone.

Vino- I agree, I am sure some other people feel the same way we do.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:16 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

I agree...I wanted to come to drive with you guys
I dont race, esp from digs
It was an idea to throw out to the crowd to see the response. I have never put my car on the drag either, but have heard from others who say its a blast once you do it. I don't know about great roads for the way back, thats why I proposed something we all as a group could do, even if you dont want to run, we all can still hang out and crack some jokes on the ricers and enjoy the day/night. Again just some ideas, nothing has been set in stone for day 2

I still believe Omega is looking into hotels for the night.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:54 PM
mike281

Just noticed this thread. I'm down for both days. I went to the last 2 mt. runs and they were a blast. So you have one more guy from 350gz I haven't talked to scootch or anyone else in awhile hopefully they will come too sounds like a blast. Also the NH dragway idea sound good to me I have only been up there once and it was awesome I have been wanting to go up there again.
Here is the lastest list:

1. TRodis - MA - 07 PPW Z
2. OMEGA46 - MA - 06 MB Z
3.Wardriver25 ( + another 350z ).
4. G87z - NJ 03 Redline Z
5. Will - MA 04 Black Z Touring
6. theRIOTact
7. psheehan-Black single turbo
8. bhendjol
9. Mike_G
10. Zero+4
11. stugats26
12. Jimmyc13 (G35driver) - MA 04 DG sedan from October meet last year
13. east1999bt
14.Zero333 - Would also be my first event with you guys.
15. ZForce1 - would be my first run as well
16. suby01 + 5 <~~~ unconfirmed (OMEGA46)
17. Joe A - 04 CS (OMEGA46 add)
18. mike281 - 06 G coupe (Team350Gz)
Old 03-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Vino_NJ

Originally Posted by trodis
It was an idea to throw out to the crowd to see the response. I have never put my car on the drag either, but have heard from others who say its a blast once you do it. I don't know about great roads for the way back, thats why I proposed something we all as a group could do, even if you dont want to run, we all can still hang out and crack some jokes on the ricers and enjoy the day/night. Again just some ideas, nothing has been set in stone for day 2

I still believe Omega is looking into hotels for the night.
have another poll...
Old 03-25-2008, 06:53 PM
G87z

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Thats what I am talking about! Another poll! hahaha. J/K Vino.

Mods- Is this thread ever going to become a sticky????
Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 PM
OMEGA46

Originally Posted by G87z
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Thats what I am talking about! Another poll! hahaha. J/K Vino.

Mods- Is this thread ever going to become a sticky????
We have asked several times to have this thread made a sticky. Ill pm one. I need more input on a 2nd day route/ideas to get an estimate on room needs. Anyone have any ideas on where the 2nd day should end up or a route?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:56 AM
G87z

Originally Posted by OMEGA46
We have asked several times to have this thread made a sticky. Ill pm one. I need more input on a 2nd day route/ideas to get an estimate on room needs. Anyone have any ideas on where the 2nd day should end up or a route?
I guess even though I am from NJ I can do some research on where to end up. Not like I have anything better to do while I am at work.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:16 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Quote:
The Mountain Run this past fall was a blast. I wanted to see who would be interested in doing one this coming spring. I know a lot of guys are going to ZDayZ, so I think it would be best to plan around this. I was thinking of late April or early May. Any thoughts on locations, 1 day, 2 day run, restrictions (remove some small issues that came up on the last run). Lets start planning

:::UPDATE:::

Rally Date: May 17th (Saturday)
Start: BBall Hall of Fame (Springfield)

Following has been copied from Zmazing03 Fall Mountain Run thread that was amazing.

For those of you who went on this trip earlier this year or last year, know how good of a turn out it was and the awesome roads we traveled. This trip will be the exact same route as the previous run with the same starting point to accommodate the expected large turnout.

If you have ever dreamed of cruising on that one street, with all the curves and elevation changes you could ever imagine, but never got the chance, here is your chance. Specifically the last sector of "The Run", which is as close to a roller coaster in a car as you can get. All sections leading up to the finale are just a tease, but will certainly get your senses going anyway. S turns, tight winding 180s, it has it all. And Cows, lots of Cows.

“The Run” will depart from the Basketball Hall of Fame, just off Exit 6 on I-91. We will then travel a on the highway a bit before coming to the beginning of the twisties. Once we arrive there (about 15-20 minutes after “The Run” begins), it is all hills and curves for the next hour and a half. If you have never had your Z on roads it was built for, now is your chance.

“The Run” will be complete at Stratton Mountain. Here we will have a huge parking lot for Z enthusiasts to talk about their rides, take pictures, etc. This past running Stratton security did not mind us using a large portion of their lot as it was off-season (as it will be again) and people behaved. We need to stick to that. If you'd like, Stratton has a few restaurants you can have lunch at before departing for home. There is also a bit of shopping possible (for the ladies). All stores/resturants should be open this time of the season.

More information regarding routes etc. will be provided as the event nears. We will depart the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield@ 8:15 AM promptly. We want to go early to avoid traffic holding us up anywhere along The Run. We will leave at that time, so please do not cut it so close where you may be late.

If you would like an address to reference where the run begins, you can MapQuest (link) or Google Earth the following:

1000 West Columbus Ave
Springfield, MA 01105

Notes:
- If you have two-way radios (i.e. Motorola TalkAbout), bring them. The more people we have in touch the better off we are, especially if we get a large turnout.
- Recognize that if the actual turnout is close the the sign-up number (expected to be over 60), it will be impossible to stay in one pack -that's okay, as long as people know the route.
- Route instructions will be available just before the meet, and not before hand. This has been discussed and will not be changing. No one got lost last Run so no worries about that.

Now for Day 2

Rooms range from $70 - $150 +taxes
Still need a solid count of how many want a 2nd day, and any route ideas.

I want to make something VERY clear, SAFETY FIRST.

Update on Page 1.

Need 2nd day routing suggestions, and real idea of how many want a 2nd day.

Here is the lastest list:

6. theRIOTact
8. bhendjol
9. Mike_G
10. Zero+4
11. stugats26
13. east1999bt

have another poll...
Ask and you shall Receive

Day 2 Poll:https://my350z.com/forum/newreply.ph...eply&p=5432557
Old 03-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Zmazing03

I advise you make a big deal about safety. On the last Run a lot of people were acting stupid and a couple people even got tickets for being stupid (or at least pulled over). That needs to not happen again.

Also, FYI, since this is the Spring time, Stratton MAY NOT have the resturants open. They were in the fall last year, but the time before that they were not open.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Chick Flyn By U

6. theRIOTact
8. bhendjol
9. Mike_G
10. Zero+4
11. stugats26
13. east1999bt
19. ChickFlynByU - 04 G Coupe (Team350gz)

Im in for both days.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:02 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
I advise you make a big deal about safety. On the last Run a lot of people were acting stupid and a couple people even got tickets for being stupid (or at least pulled over). That needs to not happen again.

Also, FYI, since this is the Spring time, Stratton MAY NOT have the resturants open. They were in the fall last year, but the time before that they were not open.
VERY GOOD POINT!

Please everyone reckless driving WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:09 AM
OMEGA46

Originally Posted by Zmazing03

Ill find out about the resturants.

Also, like I have said before, ANY RECKLESS BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

The run will stop and those who feel it necessary to be reckless will be delt with directly. The Mountain Run in the fall had only a few issues, but I am not looking for any repeats, nor will Zmazing03 when the next Mountain Run is planned.

How does everyone feel about requiring each car to have a 2way walkie-talkie for safety and comm reasons. Sections of the run do not have any cell coverage. If this is made a requirement, you will not recieve route directions unless you have one in hand at the start point. Feedback is going to be needed asap as the date is getting closer.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:26 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

bump
Old 03-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Zmazing03

How does everyone feel about requiring each car to have a 2way walkie-talkie for safety and comm reasons. Sections of the run do not have any cell coverage. If this is made a requirement, you will not recieve route directions unless you have one in hand at the start point. Feedback is going to be needed asap as the date is getting closer.
I wouldn't go that far. For the Mtn Runs I just told people that if you have them, bring them. I think we had 3-4 people on comms through the line which worked out decently. Last run we did not and people got lost, but the one before that we did.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 AM
bhendjol
achoooooo

friday bump, bump, bump!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Mike_G

Just a suggestion..
Make sure saftey Is stressed before the group Departs Basket ball Hall of Fame.
Some people bring others that are Not aware how Impotant this is. I think this may of contributed to some of the Insane driving styles. Not to mention A large portion of the group last year rolled in as the rest were literally rolling out to begin the run.

Quick Reply: Spring Run