Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:11 PM
ErinFaulk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn you seem a little too calm! Have the police been notified?! That would have been my first phone call made.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:19 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by da mayor
it's funny how everyone will believe what he writes when he lied about stuff on his car. I wrote back on almost every forum except this one... just read on myg37 or g35nyc to update on this. I'll vouch for my service department and also with Konrad since I spoke w/ him through the whole time of this process and he lied to the service advisor.

http://myg37.com/forums/northeast/18...nty-claim.html

the mods updated the thread title from what it was on here.
So whats the deal with this story then? Seems like nothing but confusion. If I dont hear back I will delete/close this thread.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:21 PM
da mayor

Originally Posted by ErinFaulk
Damn you seem a little too calm! Have the police been notified?! That would have been my first phone call made.
he didn't make any scene or call the cops. he just did a quick glance and left the dealership. if he really were missing things then someone would've made a claim, stop the tow truck, and come out.

and thanks for everyone just jumping the gun b/c it's a "stealership" which is the one I've been at for years.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:47 PM
cracka350z

wow...pwned on the other thread lol. did he actually think it wouldnt find its way here?
Old 12-17-2008, 02:58 PM
da mayor

it's like someone accusing a chick of having herpes and spreading a rumor. If he had a problem, he should've just called in the first place to get it resolved and then not write in a more mature manner.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:19 PM
ErinFaulk

Originally Posted by da mayor
he didn't make any scene or call the cops. he just did a quick glance and left the dealership. if he really were missing things then someone would've made a claim, stop the tow truck, and come out.

and thanks for everyone just jumping the gun b/c it's a "stealership" which is the one I've been at for years.
reason why i said he seemed a little too calm- if it were true, the first thing any logical person with common sense would do would be to call the police.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:25 PM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by Dozzi94
Call the BBB.

Tell them that Infiniti of Massapequa does not do Better Business.

Bureau.
FWIW, the BBB is WORTHLESS. They are a waste of everyone's time, including their own. Solve problems on your own or go to court, just don't use the BBB.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Phreakdout

Unhappy

Originally Posted by konrad
... turns out there was a short coming from the MAF sensor, coz someone installed it upside down and the wires got pined against the engine....... THE WHOLE TIME MY CAR HAD A STOCK INTAKE BOX AND THE WIRES WERE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE ENGINE TO GET PINED............
The MAF can not be installed backwards. The flange that holds the MAF to the tube is NOT symetrical. Turn the MAF around and the bolt holes do not line up with the holes.

See below:

Look at the placement of the holes for the screws. The top hole is lined up above the edge of the connector for the harness.

The lower bolt hole is lined up inside the lower part of the connector.

This picture shows the proper installation direction. The pin that hooks onto the wire harness is on the left side. The hole for the air to enter the MAF is on the front side. (So the harness hook of the MAF must be on the left.)

I had a defective Injen intake. I had to cut off the Injen flange and re TIG weld it 180 degrees out of position because I could not install the MAF with the flange upside down.

Here's what it looks like when the flange is backward. (Same effect as installing the MAF backwards.) Notice the screws can not be installed.

Flat out, you or the dealership about the MAF being installed backwards. Impossible.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 12-17-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:53 AM
da mayor

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
The MAF can not be installed backwards. The flange that holds the MAF to the tube is NOT symetrical. Turn the MAF around and the bolt holes do not line up with the holes.

See below:

Look at the placement of the holes for the screws. The top hole is lined up above the edge of the connector for the harness.

The lower bolt hole is lined up inside the lower part of the connector.

This picture shows the proper installation direction. The pin that hooks onto the wire harness is on the left side. The hole for the air to enter the MAF is on the front side. (So the harness hook of the MAF must be on the left.)

I had a defective Injen intake. I had to cut off the Injen flange and re TIG weld it 180 degrees out of position because I could not install the MAF with the flange upside down.

Here's what it looks like when the flange is backward. (Same effect as installing the MAF backwards.) Notice the screws can not be installed.

Flat out, you or the dealership about the MAF being installed backwards. Impossible.

wow someone else found this out. It wasn't my dealership who said the MAF was the issue but allegedly it fixed the problem. Either way, this is all comes down to someone not wanting to pay for a job that he wanted warrantied. I should've let him just go to a junk yard and call it a day instead of trying to help a forum member out.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:58 AM
SniperHunter

Wow...I just read through the other thread and I have to take back what I said. Konrad tried to con Massapequa by claiming warranty work. I didn't even know that Kenny knew exactly what was going on, but he cleared everything up and Konrad hasn't replied since.

Damn that is some shady sh*t, Konrad.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:50 AM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whoa complete ownage of Konrad...

from my experiences, and personally knowing kenny, they're straight up... granted its still a stealership... but with forum members and tuners kenny has been nothing but a good guy
Old 12-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Phreakdout

I meant to say "Flat out, you or the dealership lied about the MAF being installed backwards."

Like a Dumb ****, I forgot to type the important word in the sentence.

I'd like to hear the actual situation at some point. I'm struggling with the stereo shorting the ECM.

Stolen stuff ... this happens at the nicest places. I hope it's not true. When dropping off a car, I'm careful not to have valuables loose in the car. Hope it works out.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 PM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Konrad=owned!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Phreakdout

da Mayor (Kenny): Thanks for stepping up to help members anyway. I just finally read all the linked threads and posts.

I hope this experience does not keep you from supporting the Z / G members like you have been in the past.

I hope Konrad can just realize this is the price of modifying a car and that he should have upgraded the gear set when adding HP. You can't cry warranty after you put the car through nitrous and questionable stereo installations. (Love the pic of the wiring peaking through the shift boot area.)

PS: Feel free to post up my call out photos in the other threads. I'm not a member on those forums.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Petro12

Default Clay Nissan Norwood MA (beware)

So i went in today for a free oil change, and figured i would have them change my headlight bulb. Normally i would do this but we just had 10" of snow and figured let them deal with it.. guy comes out and tells me . yeah you have special bulbs in that car (xenon) the bulb will be $250 and $100 Labor. HAHAHAHA. I have an 03 base model. I said are you 100% those are xenon's. YES he said. ok dont touch it please. sitting there for 20 mins i was just boiling inside and had to call this guy out.. I said. so can you show me the ballast for these xenon lights.. ummm ahhhhh ummmmm. we typed your vin # and thats what it came up with. "you have so called mechanics back there and they took my bulb out and determined it was a xenon bulb?" oh well hes just an oil change tech....... can you please put a normal h-7 bulb in for me please? ummm ok yeah it will be $55 for labor and $25 for the bulb. WTF you just pulled my bulb out had it ready to go. lied to my face and are charging me. ok we wont charge labor he says. fine just put it in. 15 mins. later. we dont have that bulb. JESUS CHRIST

its amazing that they actually get away with this stuff honestly.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Gary C

Default Going to the dealership....lean over!

It makes my blood boil to hear this kinda bull ****, and they wonder why we
refer to them as "STEALERSHIPS?" Or maybe they don't wonder....
Gary
Old 12-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

wow Thats one of the worst stealership stories ive heard yet. Mine is alright but i still know that im getting ripped off every time i go in there.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:17 AM
da mayor

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
da Mayor (Kenny): Thanks for stepping up to help members anyway. I just finally read all the linked threads and posts.

I hope this experience does not keep you from supporting the Z / G members like you have been in the past.
I appreciate the support. Not worried about future business b/c the knowledge smart ones will read the fine print.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:26 AM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ask them to check you cabin air filter next time and see what their response is. (we don't have one). If I were you, I'd report this to Nissan.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:40 PM
MikeyG

I bought my car there and will never go back. Worst dealership I have ever been to of any manufacturer. I now go to the service department of Marlboro Nissan for any warranty work. I had issues with Marlboros sales department when trying to buy though.

Quick Reply: Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast