Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 07:12 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast

Hey guys-
Thought it would be a good idea to add a review for dealerships and shops in the area so everyone knows who to go to and who to stay away from.

I had no problems with Admiral Nissan in Pleasantville, NJ. Received all info from salesperson, and car arrived as planned.

Cherry Hill Nissan was HORRIBLE. Very snotty/rude and wanted to charge over MSRP for pre-orders. Hardly gave me the time of day.

Classic Nissan in Mt. Holly was okay for service, but I turned in a TSB to them and they NEVER contacted me back. They will not get my future service business.

MRC Motorsports in Central Jersey was awesome. Jay took care of me. They're extremely knowledgeable and friendly. If you need anything from them, contact j's350z.

Dealers reviewed:

CT
Crowley Nissan - Bristol
Executive Body Shop
Executive Nissan - North Haven (2x)
Harte Nissan - Hartford (2x)
Middletown Nissan - Middletown

MA
Bancroft Nissan - Worcester
Frost Nissan - Newton
Marlborough Nissan - Marlborough (3x - all negative!)

MD
Antwerpen Nissan - Clarksville
CarMax - White Marsh (3x)
Jenkins Motors - Frederick (2x)
Passport Nissan - Marlow Heights
Sheehy Nissan - Glen Burnie

NH
Peter's Auto Center - Nashua

NJ
Acme Nissan - South Brunswick
Admiral Nissan - Pleasantville
DiFeo Nissan - Jersey City (2x)
Cherry Hill Nissan - Cherry Hill (2x - both negative!)
Classic Nissan - Mt. Holly (2x)
Lynnes Nissan - Stanhope
Nissan 46
Pine Belt Nissan - Keyport
Somerset Nissan
Warnock Nissan - Morristown
Woodbury Nissan - Woodbury
World Nissan - Red Bank

NY
Autotech Nissan - Manhattan
Doan Nissan - Rochester
Habberstadt Nissan - Long Island
Smithtown Nissan - Long Island
Westbury Nissan - Long Island

PA
Brenner Nissan
Colonial Nissan - Feasterville
Faulkner Nissan - Harrisburg
Liberty Nissan - Hanover
O'Neil Nissan - Warminster

VA
Browns Nissan - Arlington (2x)
Hall Nissan - Virginia Beach
Passport Nissan - Alexandria
Victory Nissan - Chesapeake

Shops Reviewed:

NJ
MRC Motorsports - thumbs up!

NY
Maximum Tuning - Glen Cove (LI)

PA
M&S Auto - Hummelstown
Shelby Automotive - Hershey

Last edited by Jill; 10-08-2003 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:34 AM
ZRiCaN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sheehy Nissan in Glen Burnie MD seemed pretty efficient although they keep saying they wash the car if they work on it, have yet to see that but other than they're good, and warranty work gets you a rental, which enterprise is right across the street which is nice.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:42 AM
abstrakt

Antwerpen Nissan in Clarksville, MD = Horrible

I went there for an estimate on a Touring 5A/T w/Nav, Kickplates, Floor Mats, Trunk Mats and Side Air Bags and they quoted me close to $3K over every other dealer I had gone to...Ferguson aka Fergie was the salesman and the mgr was Scott. They told me the other dealers are lying to me and that I'm making a mistake, that I must not have told the other dealers the same options(I KNOW WHAT I WANT IN THE CAR), blah blah blah words words words...as you can see I'm still having some issues regarding this situation...save yourself the aggravation and don't go there
Old 06-30-2003, 09:31 AM
tbcz

I highly recommend O'Neil Nissan in Warminster, PA. They are a straight-up dealer. If you're buying a car ask for Stan Dorman.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:19 AM
zcar70

Thumbs up DOAN Nissan, Rochester, NY

DOAN Nissan in Rochester, NY gave me a great deal, service is excellent, staff is the best! Best car buying experience of my life (and I've bought LOTS!).

Highly recommend!
Old 06-30-2003, 12:11 PM
barrybell

Default Liberty Nissan

If you are after a Z the salesmen are very good to work with.
The Service Dept are people who lack character and honor, reason: took my Z in for the feathering TSB and found out later that the work was done off site (they are not a full service dealership) I found that unbelievable, they took the car to a front alignment shop outside of Hanover, Pa. I get the car back and both front wheels paint near the rim's edge has pit marks, it look like some put the wheel front face down on a concrete surface.
The General Manager of the dealership said since the damage was done off site, they were not responsible to fix the damage.
Well NNA has my complaint in writing and I'm waiting for their reply if any. I don't expect to hear from NNA. "Burn me once shame on you, Burn me twice shame on Me", Heading to another Dealer!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 12:50 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to have to put a plug in for Middletown Nissan in Connecticut. My buying experience with them was top-notch. There was no sales pressure and they threw in a set of locking lug nuts for free. There are a few other members from this forum that I've met that have purchased from them and were very happy with their service.

In addition, when I approached them about our Connecticut meet they were excited. They are going to contribute items for our free raffle and even offered to let us use their lot if we wanted. They are even calling me with names of customers that want to attend the meet.

They are also a sister dealership to Bob Sharp in Wilton, CT who are big Z supporters and even hold a Z car show every year.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:00 PM
ndriver

Thumbs up Long Island and New Hampshire.

Westbury Nissan, Long Island, NY.(nice)
I bought my car in New Hampshire, but the Westbury guys have been great, helpful and a delight to work with. I drive about 45 miles to get my car serviced.

Peter's Auto Center Nashua, New Hampshire.
Great service dept, I miss the place.

Smithtown Nissan, Long Island NY (un-friendly, unhelpful)
It is supprising that both the Westbury and Smithtown Nissan dealership are owned by the same guys. The sales at smithtown maybe great and I'm not sure how the service dept is. but the people maning the service dept. are un-friendly and unhelpful, I'd hate to leave my car there.

Jill this is great idea, i needed such a link when I moved to long island.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:10 PM
Vestas

Lynnes Nissan in NJ

This is a somewhat biased review in that I had a connection via a colleague to the general sales manager, Anthony. Now, Anthony took great care of me, gave me an incredible deal on a Track Model and connected me with a salesman, Bob. Bob was an okay salesman but then, he didn't have to make a sale or negotiate, as the deal was already made. Bob handled the paperwork. However, to his credit, Bob and Lyness Nissan went out of their way to track down the car I wanted. I walked in Friday at noon and laid out the options and color choices I was after. By 7pm they called me and said they'd found my first choice, a Brickyard, and it would be in the shop on Monday at 6pm. True to his word, my car arrived at 5:30pm, as I was waiting there for it.

On the iffy side, the Finance manager Ash was a bit of a hard sell. He wasn't terribly friendly (but then he was really busy) and tried to pull a fast one on me with the financing. I was able to talk him down to a reasonable interest rate and have him spell out for me where all the payment costs were. We negotiated the options and while I didn't quite get the financing I was after, I got really close.

Not sure about their service department yet, they have a Subaru department as well and they get some horrible reviews amongst my friends. THey are a bit far away from me so I'll probably not be taking it to them for service. Looking for a good service department near New City NY, if anyone has recommendations
Old 07-01-2003, 05:44 AM
whitetrack

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harte Nissan - Hartford CT

I want to mention Harte Nissan in Hartford CT. I had no problem getting the price I was after and they kept me informed about when the car would come in.

Barry, my salesman went through the car with me at delivery and was great. I just went in for my 1000 mile check up and everything went well. Oh Vic, my wheel locks were already installed when they gave me the keys to the car.

I will reserve any comments about real service until I go in for any of the TSBs or any problems that may crop up.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:57 AM
tbcz

I have to give a big thumbs down to Colonial Nissan in Feasterville, PA. Both to sales and service. Their car showroom is almost a satire of everything bad you've heard about buying a new car...expect to hear "What can I do to get you to drive this new Nissan off the lot today?" and expect to be pressured into making a purchase decision. And their service dept is, in my experience, even worse. When I took my 300ZX in for service once they called and told me my clutch was totally worn out and I needed a new one...which is funny because they had just replaced it 10,000 miles earlier. When I informed them of this fact, they "rechecked" it and surprise surprise, it was OK after all. Lame. I had several experiences like this there...it was the kind of place where you would dread the phone call two hours after you dropped off your car telling you why you were going to have to spend an extra $1000 on your car.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:42 PM
rouxeny

My experience at Executive Nissan in CT has been mixed. The purchase was very simple, seeing as I spent all of about 10 minutes. I walked in over a year ago now and put $1000 down, signed a few papers and left. As with many dealers, they didn't know anything about the pre-order process. I guess that's not so important now, but it did seem so then. I got no goodies upon delivery. Since then, I have been back a few times for minor things, primarily oil changes. Those have always been very straightforward and I generally get waves from a few people there. One of the managers has a Z and I might try to recruit him to come to the meet, we'll see.

Overall, a good solid dealer. No glaring faults, but at the same time, no perks either. They do seem to get a lot of Z's and then the sit on the lot for a while, so you may be able to get a good price.

Oh, one quibble. When I was shopping for an Acura CL-S, this one salesman at the Acura dealer would NOT stop calling me at home. He always left messages, I never called him back, figuring he'd get a clue, but he never seemed to. I found it pretty annoying. Now, I find out that he works at Executive Nissan.

I wouldn't recommend Executive Auto Body. I had my spoiler painted and installed there and I'm not totally satisfied with that whole experience.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:09 PM
SteveZzz

In 25+ years of car buying, Jenkins Motors in Frederick, MD was the best car buying experience I've ever had. The salesman (Dave Tich) was recommended to me by my neighbor who had bought several cars there before.

Even though it was nearly a 3 hour drive from Richmond, VA where I live, I'm glad we bought there. Dave found the exact Z we wanted in NJ, and had it to his place in less than a day. When we went to pick it up, he took my wife for a 30 minute "checkout" ride so she'd be familiar with everything. I've NEVER seen a salesman/dealership that was so thorough. They're a very small dealership, but it was a great experience. Oh, and they were very competitive on the price, about $1000 less than anyone in Richmond would sell me the same car.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:08 PM
ctgoldwing

Default Crowley & Executive Nissan (CT)

I bought my Z from Crowley. I had done all my 'homework' on the internet & used the telephone to zero in on the best deal I could get. Although I was leaning towards County Line (Middlebury) Crowley gave me a price over the phone several $$$ lower. I ended up buying it there & if that was the end of the story I would be recommending Crowley BUT it isn't. I took delivery at night (Jan 2). Maybe nobody's fault but mine for not noticing then but the car was very poorly prepped. There was still adhesive from the protective paper they use (long lines of it on the roof). The tire air pressure alarm went off the next day (maybe 27lbs is the winter pressure?). The nav box door wouldn't open by itself. The trim piece to cover the tow hook & the front plate hardware were no where to be found.
But the best part was dealing with the business manager at the close. He informed me, while trying to sell me a $1700 extended warranty, that IT WAS REQUIRED that a Nissan dealer do the oil changes for the regular warranty to be in effect. duh! He also informed me that I MUST USE synthetic oil in the car. When I went back to the salesperson to complete the delivery he confirmed what the business manager told me - right up to the point where I asked him to show me in where is was written in the Nissan owner's books. Only then did he grudgingly admit they might be wrong. doh!
About a month later I bought an Altima. This time from Exectutive (North Haven). It was a great experience! Again the deal was done over the phone & everything after that was just smooth & easy. I would buy from them again.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:34 AM
RedComet

Classic Nissan in Mt. Holly

I bought my car from there. I had also gone into Cherry Hill Nissan two times. I hate Cherry Hill it feels like you need a shower when you leave. I had an OK experience at Classic. The sales manager at first I didn't like very much but the salesman was a great guy. He is really very nice and didn't have any animosity for being so young and getting a Z, everyone else there had a envious/dirty look on their face. I don't remember his name. I will post it later... When I wen't back to get my plates they cleaned my rims off for me and buffed out some white mark that was on my side skirt. So overall, it was a good experience.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:11 PM
MacGuru

MOST DISHONEST DEALER AWARD!!!

DIFEO NISSAN, NJ

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY CLEAR, I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM!
Old 07-10-2003, 11:35 AM
noel48

Originally posted by MacGuru
MOST DISHONEST DEALER AWARD!!!

DIFEO NISSAN, NJ

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY CLEAR, I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM!
Ditto,I leased a Quest back in 1995 and it was a bad experience.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:50 PM
drew703

Default Brown's Arlington NISSAN

Well Brown's Arlington NISSAN definitely was great with me. If you're in the area and looking for a Z, go talk to the sales manager over there, Patrick Hall. The guy is great, really helpful, and very laid back- no pressuring or sleazy tricks or nothing. Straight and to the point, in and out in about 2 hours, and that was it. Tell him Drew sent you

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 07-11-2003, 06:21 AM
j's350z

Default Don't forget about me Jill!

You said shops too.....
Jill will vouch for me if you need any parts installed. I have created a small motorsports company in Central NJ. If you need to have any parts installed, give me a call. MRC motorsports will also be online soon. We can install anything from intakes to exhausts to superchargers. Members cars who I have worked on already include Jritt, Zgirl, Daytona, and mine of course. We can also do brakes, suspension, and of course our Piggyback computer that we will be selling..... Email me if you have any questions!
As far as dealers, Acme Nissan was, well, ok. They didn't bs me too much but they did drill holes in my front bumber even though it was written everywhere not too. But, their service is great, they have replaced my trans twice without question and in 1 day.

Jays350z@aol.com
www.mrcmotorsportsllc.com coming soon!
Old 07-14-2003, 12:40 PM
stefnet1

Thumbs up

Jenkins Motors in Fredericksburg, MD gave me a hassle-free, 300 below MSRP, 20 minute paperwork signing, overall experience. The manager was totally honest and upfront as far as when the car would be ordered and when it would arrive. When there was a delay, I received a call. No problem. When ordering, I asked for no front license bracket to be installed, no charge for window etching, and no free advertising. Everything went as expected and I left with hard tags on my car. Kudos to Jenkins!

Quick Reply: Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast