Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Looking for a turboed/supercharged reliable z.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:25 PM
MetallicZDriVer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

y wont would build your own machine!
Old 04-21-2008, 01:58 PM
kang413

Originally Posted by marques1
thanks but michigan u see, is a bit far.

oh and why wouldnt i build my own engine?
i really dont know where to start with that kind of serious modification.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM
350 Rookie
Banned

You'll never find a reliable turboed car if it didnt come turbo out of factory.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:55 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350 Rookie
You'll never find a reliable turboed car if it didnt come turbo out of factory.
+10000000000000000000000000000000
Old 04-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Zmazing03

Originally Posted by kang413
First of all finding a z with 35k miles? how easy i already found one but just not within my reach, distance wise. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353159
oh ouch... seems like this car is perfectly priced at 25k, with a built engine, pushing close to 500 whp.

before you start bashing other members on this forum, think about what you are saying, just because you have a highlighted name and have some kind of status given to you by my350z.com doesnt mean your the **** you know. this is only an online forum, used by many different types of people. dont speak down upon anybody without knowing your facts.

Do you know how stupid u also sound? according to your random theory that only 06+ have less than 35k miles, then wed be starting at $20k right? so then if i asked for $5k more in mods wouldnt that be a retail price of $25k? did you ever pass basic mathematics? oh and there is something called a true market value, which is the value of something that has been USED, and there is also something called ideal market value. In america we have no ideal market value, everything car driven off the lot has an average value of close to 90% of what it was bought for. Nobody pays retail for mods that are already on a car.

haha oh and i bet you say this a lot.
SEARCH, and youll find a lot of cars (not in the tristate area right now) that are within most of my criteria.
here are a couple for you.

https://my350z.com/forum/zs-and-gs-for-sale/330454-fs-03-touring-built-show-car.html
https://my350z.com/forum/zs-and-gs-for-sale/303432-2003-nissan-350z-turbo-mass-35kmiles.html
https://my350z.com/forum/zs-and-gs-for-sale/324694-fs-2003-greddy-tt-350z-only-23-xxx-miles.html
LOL. You will last around here.

And no **** people don pay retail for mods on a car. I am well aware of that dumba$s.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:12 PM
kang413

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
LOL. You will last around here.

And no **** people don pay retail for mods on a car. I am well aware of that dumba$s.
i wont last?
can you specify what you mean?
if you have nothing to say and are stupefied by my comment,
stfu and sit down.
you look stupid enough already everyone sees it.

i have a valid point and your stupidity continues to shine even in the darkness.

see its people like you who create forums into jokes, the idea of a forum was made for informational purposes and to bring people together, not a place to bash other people.

i dont normally do these kinds of things, but your ******** is just one of those things in life i cant stand.

and if youre aware that people dont pay retail for mods already on a car, did you have trouble adding 5000 to 20000?
see microsoft made an applet for people like you who cant do basic addition, its called the calculator. you can access it by clicking the start button with the left mouse click then all programs then the accessories tab.

dont speak down upon somebody when youre completely wrong.

Its best if you dont respond to my posts anymore.

Last edited by kang413; 04-21-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:13 PM
kang413

Originally Posted by leemik
+10000000000000000000000000000000
mm.
thats what i was afraid of.
I know the reliability of a stock z is not obtainable, but im sure theres a difference between conservatively tuned z's and more aggresively tuned z's.

im just trying to find the right f/i z for me.

thanks though ill consider your input.

Last edited by kang413; 04-21-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Zmazing03

i wont last?
stfu and sit down.

i have a valid point and your stupidity continues to shine even in the darkness.

see its people like you who create forums into jokes, the idea of a forum was made for informational purposes and to bring people together, not a place to bash other people.

i dont normally do these kinds of things, but your ******** is just one of those things in life i cant stand.

and if youre aware that people dont pay retail for mods already on a car, did you have trouble adding 5000 to 20000?
see microsoft made an applet for people like you who cant do basic addition, its called the calculator. you can access it by clicking the start button with the left mouse click then all programs then the accessories tab.

What if I do respond? Are you going to e-fight me or something?

I am well aware forums are for information (and for random BSing), but thanks for letting me know again.

I'm laughing because you get so bent over a single post.

If my post was so outlandish to you, just ignore it and move on? We also have an ignore button you can utilize should you feel the need, since my posts are so insulting to you.

Few people dislike me around here, so far as I know. Not sure why you get so bent over one post.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:50 PM
350 Rookie
Banned

mm.
I know the reliability of a stock z is not obtainable, but im sure theres a difference between conservatively tuned z's and more aggresively tuned z's.

listen to what im saying. I dont care how built the car is and how wel tuned it is. It can spin a bearing at any time, your pistons rings can go any day, you can blow of a hose and not know till your motor dies (not sure what hose would do that but you get my point. I know those things are still possible with a perfectly stock z but FI just speeds up the process of wear and tear and damage.

the point im trying to make is.... i have no clue really. i dont even know why im typin this.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:52 PM
350 Rookie
Banned

i wont last?
stfu and sit down.

YO WASSAP. We CAN GET STRAIGHT IGNANT FOOOOOO!!!!!!!! DONT BE TALKIN TO MA CT PEEPS LIKE DAT

jk.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:51 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

mm.

depends on your idea of reliability.. if you FI your Z/G it will be high maintenance, no doubt.. sure you can drive it and it will be cool but you have to always keep it maintained because the car wasn't built to withstand 400WHP for long periods of time..some people have the patience for it some don't.. I've had my Z FI'ed for 4 years now and i have lots of war stories... everyone with an FI'ed Z/G has them.. I expect more to come..

shit will break--if not your motor, everything else and EVENTUALLY your motor if you don't build the bottom end.

you know the old saying:

1. fast
2. reliable
3. cheap

pick only 2...
Old 04-21-2008, 09:36 PM
kang413

Originally Posted by leemik
depends on your idea of reliability.. if you FI your Z/G it will be high maintenance, no doubt.. sure you can drive it and it will be cool but you have to always keep it maintained because the car wasn't built to withstand 400WHP for long periods of time..some people have the patience for it some don't.. I've had my Z FI'ed for 4 years now and i have lots of war stories... everyone with an FI'ed Z/G has them.. I expect more to come..

shit will break--if not your motor, everything else and EVENTUALLY your motor if you don't build the bottom end.

you know the old saying:

1. fast
2. reliable
3. cheap

pick only 2...
aghh so either a built motor, or a na z...
idk i really like fi'd cars.
is it that bad without a built engine? even when running low boost?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:17 PM
BlackZ05

I think what most people are trying to say is if you don't build it your self you'll never know the troubles that you could end up dealing with by buying someone elses project/nightmare. Even though they list it as an amazing car an from you stated your not sure where to start or what to do, would you know where to look to make sure things seem ok. I mean sure you could buy a built motor TT Z everything seems cool except for when you get on the car it seems to blow a bit of smoke or maybe when you start it. I'd just make sure there is someone around your area who knows what to do if you dont. Its not fun to spend that much money on something fast an fun to drive but when it breaks your totally lost ya know. My buddys STOCK GSX turbo went an it was shot for a long time before i actually decided to look at it one day when he started it. Turns out the turbo was show an spewing oil all over the place but he didnt know cause the exhaust was burning up the oil an the only way you could really tell is you were behind it when he was getting on it or smell it. He was completely into modding the car to bolt on status but had no clue what to do when something went, he was lucky that i caught it before the motor ate the propeller an screwed the whole block. The sad part of it all was the car was in mint shape with only 19k on it at the time, the thing is it said for 3 years with out moving it just dried up. Moral of the story is just make sure you do your research an make sure you got a plan if something goes wrong an you cant deal with it your self. I'm sure your intentions are good, an i can understand your reason for wanting to buy a car thats already built i wish i would have thought of it too since i paid the same price your looking to spend on a stock 05 with low miles. Since i didnt though i've gotten to do things I probably wouldnt have done though by doing some research an playing with bolt on's before figuring out if i even really wanna FI a car like this. I guess it really all depends on your intentions for the car, daily driving something thats built that like might not make the best idea but making a weekend driver or a track car out of it would make sense, also if you are planning on using it for a racing car you might want to figure out what kind of F/I you want cause a Supercharge is gonna be a totally different feeling power band then a Turbo or Twins also what kind of maint is required for both is different. Anyhow best of luck an that was all for my little rant.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:48 AM
kang413

Originally Posted by BlackZ05
I think what most people are trying to say is if you don't build it your self you'll never know the troubles that you could end up dealing with by buying someone elses project/nightmare. Even though they list it as an amazing car an from you stated your not sure where to start or what to do, would you know where to look to make sure things seem ok. I mean sure you could buy a built motor TT Z everything seems cool except for when you get on the car it seems to blow a bit of smoke or maybe when you start it. I'd just make sure there is someone around your area who knows what to do if you dont. Its not fun to spend that much money on something fast an fun to drive but when it breaks your totally lost ya know. My buddys STOCK GSX turbo went an it was shot for a long time before i actually decided to look at it one day when he started it. Turns out the turbo was show an spewing oil all over the place but he didnt know cause the exhaust was burning up the oil an the only way you could really tell is you were behind it when he was getting on it or smell it. He was completely into modding the car to bolt on status but had no clue what to do when something went, he was lucky that i caught it before the motor ate the propeller an screwed the whole block. The sad part of it all was the car was in mint shape with only 19k on it at the time, the thing is it said for 3 years with out moving it just dried up. Moral of the story is just make sure you do your research an make sure you got a plan if something goes wrong an you cant deal with it your self. I'm sure your intentions are good, an i can understand your reason for wanting to buy a car thats already built i wish i would have thought of it too since i paid the same price your looking to spend on a stock 05 with low miles. Since i didnt though i've gotten to do things I probably wouldnt have done though by doing some research an playing with bolt on's before figuring out if i even really wanna FI a car like this. I guess it really all depends on your intentions for the car, daily driving something thats built that like might not make the best idea but making a weekend driver or a track car out of it would make sense, also if you are planning on using it for a racing car you might want to figure out what kind of F/I you want cause a Supercharge is gonna be a totally different feeling power band then a Turbo or Twins also what kind of maint is required for both is different. Anyhow best of luck an that was all for my little rant.

very good advice. i dont even know if im gonna need that much power. maybe i should stick to minor bolt ons.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:03 AM
Zmazing03

Buy a lightly modded, NA Z, and add spray maybe? The companies says the Z can handle 75 shot without problems, a lot of people on our forums are running 100 shot, as long as you run good fuel and have it tuned. Done right it shouldn't be a problem -- less risk of breaking something than if you were turbo/sc. Sure, the power is not always there, but you have it when you want it. I am assuming you aren't too worried about legality though, since quite a few FI Zs are illegal by state standards.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:14 AM
BlackZ05

Buy a lightly modded, NA Z, and add spray maybe? The companies says the Z can handle 75 shot without problems, a lot of people on our forums are running 100 shot, as long as you run good fuel and have it tuned. Done right it shouldn't be a problem -- less risk of breaking something than if you were turbo/sc. Sure, the power is not always there, but you have it when you want it. I am assuming you aren't too worried about legality though, since quite a few FI Zs are illegal by state standards.
Yup this is very true too, It also always you to cruise it with out that extra power taking a toll on your gas mileage which might be good when prices sky rocket this summer. I havent seen chefrey post yet but he has most bolt ons a tuner an a 100 shot you could ask him how he did at the track 2 weeks ago i'm sure he's moving pretty good. He put down 260+ on the dyno with out spray just to give ya an idea so figure an extra 75hp maybe a bit more with being tuned right.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Zmazing03

Yep. I've contimplated spray a few times, but just haven't because I am not sure I want to have a bottle in the car lol. Cops don't like that.

The good part is a 75 or 100 shot is just that, its pretty much 75 or 100 hp shot, not "crank HP" vs "whp" at that point. It is was it is (not exact, but close).
Old 04-22-2008, 07:45 AM
BlackZ05

Yep. I've contimplated spray a few times, but just haven't because I am not sure I want to have a bottle in the car lol. Cops don't like that.

The good part is a 75 or 100 shot is just that, its pretty much 75 or 100 hp shot, not "crank HP" vs "whp" at that point. It is was it is (not exact, but close).
Chef's system is really cool but it takes away your glovebox but it fits in there soo nice.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
kang413

see these are the types of posts that make a forum what it was meant to be.
see i never even considered nitrous oxide.

can someone enlighten me on the costs of nitrous and how much lasts how long?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
kang413

Originally Posted by BlackZ05
Chef's system is really cool but it takes away your glovebox but it fits in there soo nice.
pics at all my friend?

Quick Reply: Looking for a turboed/supercharged reliable z.