Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
View Poll Results: Would you be willing to attend a weekly/bi-weekly meet?
Hell Yeah Lets Do This!!
82.09%
Nope, this will NEVER take off
17.91%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Boston-Framingham-Worcester Z/G Weekly Meet(s)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 04:21 AM
OMEGA46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keithman5000
well if omega is gonna be in boston/lowell. rodis works in billerica. im in andover. we could do something in the lowell area.

rodis its ok, i wont be able to get out to lowell until 8ish anyways. then...

GAME ON. im willing to travel anywhere though. worcester if need be.
Ill be free around 5 today with nothing to do. I do want to head more south since I will have to end up back in CT tonight. Any ideas on a place?
Old 07-14-2009, 04:37 AM
eminence978

Sorry guys, I can't make it out today, totally busy but i'll definitely make it out to the next one, hopefully something is going on for next week.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:13 AM
tomiegunzz

So where you guys meeting up tonight?
Old 07-14-2009, 09:37 AM
keithman5000

Let's do Worcester. Meet in a general area, find a car wash and food.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:42 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

What time are u planning this for?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:02 AM
keithman5000

I won't be available till about 730. So I wouldn't be down to Worcester till around 815 or so.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:27 PM
03Tour6Spd

I'll have to pass on tonight damnit. It's in Worcester too wtf . I'll try to be at the next one.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:30 PM
OMEGA46

Gotta pass on tonight fellas..
Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 PM
knils

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You think you might have another before the weekend?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:18 AM
keithman5000

Matt I was hopin to put something together. Maybe Thursday night or something. You wanna drive up? Add to the party of potentially 4 people. Haha
Old 07-15-2009, 08:56 AM
tomiegunzz

^where you guys meeting?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Talon2nr

if we could set something up with a little time in advance id liek to attend. Its going to be a little bit of a drive but depending ont he night of the week and location i might be down. Just picked up the Z a few weeks ago.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:41 PM
tomiegunzz

Well im farthest away from all of you. Im in the south shore. We should have a meet in Boston somewhere
Old 07-15-2009, 01:36 PM
knils

Matt I was hopin to put something together. Maybe Thursday night or something. You wanna drive up? Add to the party of potentially 4 people. Haha
Unfortunately I broke the dampening adjuster on one of my rear shocks and even worse it happened to break on the softest setting or close to it. So I'm gonna be dealing with that, either putting my stock suspension back on or who knows what.

I have to decide what I want to do with the mtn run, I either have to ride on stock shocks in the rear, replace my front and rear suspension back to stock, or ride my aftermarket shocks in the rear one at soft and one at firm. I can't decide what is the safest.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:01 PM
keithman5000

Originally Posted by knils
Unfortunately I broke the dampening adjuster on one of my rear shocks and even worse it happened to break on the softest setting or close to it. So I'm gonna be dealing with that, either putting my stock suspension back on or who knows what.

I have to decide what I want to do with the mtn run, I either have to ride on stock shocks in the rear, replace my front and rear suspension back to stock, or ride my aftermarket shocks in the rear one at soft and one at firm. I can't decide what is the safest.
**** man that's awful. Hope you get it fixed for this weekend. If your gonna be doin your shocks, wanna help me throw my new ones in? Drop it 1.75 inches I think.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:02 PM
OMEGA46

Is there anything else you can use to adjust? I lost your number, so call or text when you have a min.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:12 PM
03Tour6Spd

I would go both stock in the rear or if the adjustment stays at soft matching the other one would work fine. DO NOT have diff settings side to side.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:40 PM
knils

**** man that's awful. Hope you get it fixed for this weekend. If your gonna be doin your shocks, wanna help me throw my new ones in? Drop it 1.75 inches I think.
Absolutely man, I don't have anything to do any day all day since I'm not working right now. I'm definitely gonna take care of mine so I will be good for the weekend what do you have to do shocks and springs? The only thing I don't have is the spring compressors because I have coils and I didn't have to take apart the old one, but you can rent those from Autozone for free, just a $50 deposit. Let me know when you wanna come down we can do it, only thing is I don't have a pnuematic air wrench, it isn't necessary but to be honest it was for mine in the front because I could just NOT get one of the bolts out in front. I would hate to get stuck in the middle of that. Maybe you have more tools than I do? Just let me know whenever you wanna do it I'm willing to help out

Originally Posted by OMEGA46
Is there anything else you can use to adjust? I lost your number, so call or text when you have a min.
Sorry man I went out to dinner with my family after my test and spent the night with them, I'll call you tomorrow to get some details and stuff. No the shock can't be adjusted since the rod that goes down into it snapped

Originally Posted by 03Tour6Spd
I would go both stock in the rear or if the adjustment stays at soft matching the other one would work fine. DO NOT have diff settings side to side.
Well this is my question, I didn't think that it was okay to have diff settings side to side. But right now the front coilovers are all set but I am already running the stock shocks in the rear, one of your suggestions. But I am worried if that would be alright to leave it like that or should I just change out the rear springs back to stock and the front coils back to stock so that I am definitely fine? I don't want to leave the coils in front and stock shocks in the back and lose control or something... Any insight will help me out a lot I have to decide what to do tomorrow it is either
1. Leave the coils up front as is, leave the stock shocks in the rear with the lowering springs
2. Change out the front suspension back to stock along with the rear springs back to stock, I am not concerned about time spent doing this, I would rather be safe then sorry.

Whatcha think?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:55 PM
OMEGA46

Absolutely man, I don't have anything to do any day all day since I'm not working right now. I'm definitely gonna take care of mine so I will be good for the weekend what do you have to do shocks and springs? The only thing I don't have is the spring compressors because I have coils and I didn't have to take apart the old one, but you can rent those from Autozone for free, just a $50 deposit. Let me know when you wanna come down we can do it, only thing is I don't have a pnuematic air wrench, it isn't necessary but to be honest it was for mine in the front because I could just NOT get one of the bolts out in front. I would hate to get stuck in the middle of that. Maybe you have more tools than I do? Just let me know whenever you wanna do it I'm willing to help out

Sorry man I went out to dinner with my family after my test and spent the night with them, I'll call you tomorrow to get some details and stuff. No the shock can't be adjusted since the rod that goes down into it snapped

Well this is my question, I didn't think that it was okay to have diff settings side to side. But right now the front coilovers are all set but I am already running the stock shocks in the rear, one of your suggestions. But I am worried if that would be alright to leave it like that or should I just change out the rear springs back to stock and the front coils back to stock so that I am definitely fine? I don't want to leave the coils in front and stock shocks in the back and lose control or something... Any insight will help me out a lot I have to decide what to do tomorrow it is either
1. Leave the coils up front as is, leave the stock shocks in the rear with the lowering springs
2. Change out the front suspension back to stock along with the rear springs back to stock, I am not concerned about time spent doing this, I would rather be safe then sorry.

Whatcha think?
Is the rear a spring/shock setup or a true coil? Could you run the stock shock with the coil in front?

Running stock rear damping and softening the front should be ok, just do not run full hard out front and stock damping in the rear..
Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 PM
knils

Yeah it isn't a true coilover in the rear, my only regret, that's how I have it set up now, with the stock shocks. The front is set to like 15/16 I believe, how much do you think I would need to lower it to match the rear?

Trust me if I would be safer just swapping out the suspension completely just tell me, I got the time, does make sense to just loosen up the front to match though..

Quick Reply: Boston-Framingham-Worcester Z/G Weekly Meet(s)