Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Any members of south jersey, philly, & delaware want to cruise to shibby NJ 8/24

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 07:28 AM
Megatron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Post Any members of south jersey, philly, & delaware want to cruise to shibby NJ 8/24

I am starting this post, because I don't know of any members of south jersey, philly, and delaware, who might want to cruise up for the bbq. The other post by vics, is for z's coming from the north (ma, ct, and ny) to the south. I guess this would be good post, so we all have a meeting spot, so we can cruise up to north jersey, and meet up with the other z's coming from (ct,ma, ny).
Sirmike when you get chance maybe you can post some directions, on how to get to the meeting spot.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:45 AM
SirMikel1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation directions

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been trying to find a place close by to the Park and big enough for anyone to meet without any trouble. Meeting time should be around 11:30 am to 12:00, that way we have enough time to wait for anyone who's late. Right now I have the directions for everyone coming down from CT and NY. I'll try and get better directions from I-95 S to Route 4 W soon.

From George Washington Bridge (I-95 S)

Follow signs to Route 4 West. Stay on RT 4 W towards Paramus for approximately 8-10 miles.
Take the Forest Avenue Exit right before the overpass and stay to the left up the short hill.
Make a Left at the traffic light (Forest Ave).
Drive through the overpass and make a Left at the next light towards Route 4 E. (Do NOT go down the ramp)
Make an immediate Right into the Spa2 parking lot and drive straight into the big lot behind the building.

From NJ Turnpike Northbound (I-95 N)

Follow Turnpike North towards the George Washinton Bridge. Stay to the right side when the highway splits.
Take the Leonia/Teanck exit ramp.
After the ramp, there will be 2 exits.
Take the 2nd exit, Leonia. After the ramp you will get to a traffic light and see a Marriot hotel to the right side. At the 2nd light, make a Right (Teaneck Rd northbound). Follow Teaneck Rd appx. 3-4 miles till you hit Rt 4 West. The entrance is just after the overpass. Get onto Rt 4 West and follow the directions above from Rt 4.

From Garden State Parkway Northbound

Take exit 161. At the bottom of the ramp stay to the left side towards Rt 4 E.
Follow for appx 1-2 miles and take the Forest Ave Exit after the Bergen Mall overpass. Go up the ramp and make a Left before the traffic light into the Spa2 Parking lot.

I'll be there at 11:30 to flag you guys down

If you have any questions or get lost or need anything feel free to call my cell 201-913-0142.

See you guys soon!
-Mike

Last edited by Jill; 07-31-2003 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:13 AM
supirio

Default Re: Any members of south jersey, philly, & delaware want to cruise to shibby NJ 8/24

Originally posted by Megatron
I am starting this post, because I don't know of any members of south jersey, philly, and delaware, who might want to cruise up for the bbq. The other post by vics, is for z's coming from the north (ma, ct, and ny) to the south. I guess this would be good post, so we all have a meeting spot, so we can cruise up to north jersey, and meet up with the other z's coming from (ct,ma, ny).
Sirmike when you get chance maybe you can post some directions, on how to get to the meeting spot.
I'm in on south jersey/philly cruise, theres a message in the other thread about meeting someplace near I-295.....
Old 07-29-2003, 11:02 AM
Megatron

Yea jeff,

I think i posted the message about I-295. I will post an exit that we can all meet at. And cruise up. Do you know of any other people from philly that is cruising up with you?

SirMike do you have directions from the NJ turnpike?
Old 07-29-2003, 11:35 AM
SirMikel1

Yea jeff,

I think i posted the message about I-295. I will post an exit that we can all meet at. And cruise up. Do you know of any other people from philly that is cruising up with you?

Yep, if you look up under the directions from GWB, i put directions from NJ Turnpike. If they aren't clear let me know and I'll try and give you better ones.

-Mike
Old 07-29-2003, 05:21 PM
cybercath

Hi guys! I'm in Springfield, Delaware County (just off of I476 - the Blue Route). I'd love to join in on the caravan leaving from this area.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:28 PM
Megatron

You must be the z i see on 476 or providence rd. I am usually driving my beater car. I was stuck in the blue route traffic because of a serious accident. Took me 2hrs 1/2 to get home. That would be great if you could join us.
I will post more info as time gets closer.
So far we have from our tri-state area

1.) Megatron (s.j.)
2.) supirio ( philly)
3.) cybercath ( philly)
4.) Doug and Lori (nsx)(s.j.)
Old 07-29-2003, 05:46 PM
cybercath

You must be the z i see on 476 or providence rd. I am usually driving my beater car. I was stuck in the blue route traffic because of a serious accident. Took me 2hrs 1/2 to get home.
Hmmm...I usually try to avoid 476 and I think I've only been on Providence Road once since I've had my Z. You'll know it's me by the billet grill on the front or my license plate (for right now it's BLK DOBE, but I have OBZEZZD on the way). I've seen two men in this area who are driving CS Z's, one has the windows tinted like mine. Of course they never wave!

As of right now, looks like I'll be there on 8/24! Sounds like a fun day!
Old 07-30-2003, 04:24 AM
supirio

Yea jeff,

My cousin has a DB Track and my best friend has Super Black Touring, but I think one is riding w/ me and dunno if my cuz wants to go, I'll know more soon, I also know a few people at my gym with Z's I'll see if they are interested.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Blue Liquid

If mine arrives by then I'd like to join you guys. August 2nd was day 60 of my order, should be any day now...i hope...
Old 08-04-2003, 01:58 PM
cybercath

Originally posted by Blue Liquid
If mine arrives by then I'd like to join you guys. August 2nd was day 60 of my order, should be any day now...i hope...
I hope your Z arrives soon so that you can join us! Keep us posted!
Old 08-09-2003, 05:16 PM
RedComet

I may be with you, it depends on when I get back from florida, I am so dreading the drive down there. I don't even get to take the Z. I am driving my dads SC430 down... Mega. I believe I still have your #, I will call you for details if I get back in time...
Old 08-11-2003, 06:25 AM
supirio

Default Ok lets figure it out..

Seriouslly, lets just set a place thats fairly neutral to caravan up to the show, I say we all just meet where I-95 north meets the Garden State Parkway. After that there is about 33 miles to go to the Meet.

I think we should just pick a time, for example 12 noon, and we all meet at the Garden State parkway where 95 meets it and we leave there at 12, so I'd probably get there by quarter of just to be safe, then when noon hits we roll up to the meet, anyone think that sounds good or have a better idea?
Old 08-11-2003, 06:49 AM
Megatron

supirio,

We are going to meet up with the ct, nyc carvan? What exit/rest stop do you want to meet up at?
Old 08-11-2003, 06:58 AM
cybercath

That's a good idea. We need to find out if there is a rest stop there.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:32 AM
Megatron

I am not sure where, 95 north and the turnpike meets up at. I think around exit 7. But i am not sure.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:41 AM
supirio

I was thinking rest stop would be best too since they have ample parking while we wait for the others.. I'll see if I can find out the nearest rest stop on 95 or the parkway, I was just thinking that almost everyone would be passing through 95/parkway to get there so easy place to meet up, any place closer might be out of other peoples way.. NY would have to pass the meet about 33 miles to meet us if they wanted to, I don't mind meeting up with them just might be out of our way a little, I'm game for anything.

I am not sure where, 95 north and the turnpike meets up at. I think around exit 7. But i am not sure.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:10 AM
Megatron

CT and NY seems to be meeting up with sir mike. At this meeting spot. So everyone can cruise over to the bbq. IT is stated at the top of the post, or shibby bbq meet post.

------------------------------
Follow for appx 1-2 miles and take the Forest Ave Exit after the Bergen Mall overpass. Go up the ramp and make a Left before the traffic light into the Spa2 Parking lot.

------------------------------------------------
Old 08-11-2003, 09:48 AM
supirio

Exit 161 of the Garden State Parkway? Sounds good to me my directions say to take 163 so its only 2 miles difference... Sounds good, I'll be meeting at that spot at around 11:40 seeeya then!

CT and NY seems to be meeting up with sir mike. At this meeting spot. So everyone can cruise over to the bbq. IT is stated at the top of the post, or shibby bbq meet post.

------------------------------

------------------------------------------------
Old 08-12-2003, 08:27 AM
cybercath

So, would we be taking 476 to the PA Turnpike then to the NJ Turnpike (which becomes I95)? If so, there are places off of 476 that would make good meeting spots.

Quick Reply: Any members of south jersey, philly, & delaware want to cruise to shibby NJ 8/24