Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

CT Inspection ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Driver06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT Inspection ?

I might be moving my registration over to CT, but wanted to know what I would be in for, as far as sniffers and whatever else. What is involved? My car is a 2006.
thanks...
Old 08-19-2008, 12:59 PM
350 Rookie
Banned

Most places do the OBD test and some do sniffer. Thats pretty much it. If you got cats but codes, i know couple of places thatll do sniffer. Thats what i do
Old 08-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Zmazing03

As far as I know, if you dont throw any codes, you are good to go and voila. You do have TT build though -- that might not be so good. Depends how built you are.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:28 PM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its an obd2 port scan, if you have no codes your good. actually your allowed to have 2 non primary codes. but thats besides the point
Old 08-20-2008, 11:34 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

they will check for codes via ODB2 and they will check for your cats..

i just recently passed inspection/emissions 2 months ago
Old 08-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Driver06

So its pretty much the same as NY, they plug it in and if there are no codes, im good. I just have to find a way around the cat part. Thanks.. I think I've met a few of you guys here or there, so feel free to pm me any ideas about the cats, or lack of..
Old 08-20-2008, 02:32 PM
350 Rookie
Banned

Theres a place in cheshire you can come to. They plug and go. no inspections.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Zmazing03

Originally Posted by doug
they will check for codes via ODB2 and they will check for your cats..

i just recently passed inspection/emissions 2 months ago
Partyka Mazda/Chevy in Hamden didn't check for cats. I didn't have any codes so maybe they only check when you have codes. They didn't put a mirror or anything under the car.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:28 AM
Mike_G

It could be interesting right now your emissions exempt = under 4 yrs old.
http://www.ctemissions.com/exempt.html
If you go for just vin# verification and they do a visual inspection they could hit you for any# of things few examples tint, exhaust, ride height (if lowered)

CTDMV.org

Requirements to Transfer Your
Out of State Registered Vehicle
Once you have established residency in Connecticut, you have 60 days to transfer your vehicle(s) registration to this state.

An emissions test and vehicle identification number (VIN) verification is required, which are performed at the emissions station. Please bring your vehicle, registration and drivers license to your local emissions test station.

Vehicles that are exempt from emissions testing will require a VIN verification at a Full Service DMV Branch Office, with the exception of the Norwalk Office. This is where the DMV inspector could start giving you problems

A Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR) will be completed by the emissions technician and a copy of the report will be given to you. The VIR must be presented to the DMV when applying for a permanent registration.

Once you have had your emissions test and VIN verification completed, you will need to:

Proceed to your local Full Service or Satellite DMV Office and submit your out of state Certificate of Title and motor vehicle registration certificate. If there is a change of ownership the title must be assigned.
Note: If your Title is being held by a leasing company or lien holder, a valid out of state registration certificate will suffice. If the registration certificate has expired, a photocopy of the title will also be required. No change of ownership is allowed when only presenting a copy of the title and registration.
Present the VIR or VIN verification report.
Complete the Application for Registration and Certificate of Title (form H-13).
Provide your current Connecticut Insurance Identification Card, which can be obtained from your insurance company. The insurance card must be in the name of registered owner(s) of vehicle. If vehicle is being leased, the insurance card may be in the name of the lessee.
Identification will be required to register a vehicle. Please see list of Acceptable Forms of Identification.
Vehicles cannot be registered if delinquent property tax or parking tickets are owed or if the registrant has had their registration privilege suspended.

Note: As a new Connecticut resident you have 30 days to transfer your out of state drivers license to Connecticut. Please see License Requirements for New Residents for detailed information.