Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Spring Bean Meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Cvega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring Bean Meet

Found this event on a fellow nissan site (240sxone.com). Looking to be very big. Thought i'd let more people know... UPDATE There are currently some caravans being setup to come to this Spring Bean Meet. Some info on page 2 for the caravans coming from CT and NH....

Toan and I have been throwing around the idea of more frequent meets so I decided I am going to throw out the idea for a spring meet. I was hoping that if the idea is put out there early enough, it can be a big opening of the season deal, ya know? I was personally shooting for mid-March so everyone who isn't ballsy enough (like myself) to daily their car in the winter, has time to get the ball rolling and have the car road worthy. Grilling, chilling, photos, rolling shots, cruise. The whole schbiel. Hopefully this gets the ideas flowing and a bunch of people don't fail/ bail like myself. Input?

If you could bring something, that would be sweet. Cups, burgers, hotdogs, buns, grill, condiments, table, plates, anything really. Whatever you can think of. Doesn't have to be pricey. Just a little something something. Ya digg?

I'm going to say, depending on the weather, THE THIRD SUNDAY OF MARCH. THIS IS THE 21'ST at Cristian A. Herter Park, 1400 Soldiers Field Road, Brighton, MA‎ , at 11 AM. Look here- http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&re...-8&sa=N&tab=wl The parking lot is large enough to accommodate a good amount of cars, and should be a good place to grill. Easy to get to also. If weather is poor, this will go down the following Sunday.

People attending are representing us as a group also, so please, don't drive like a complete dick at the location we meet up at. Yes, your car is RWD. You don't have to drift and do burnouts around the parking lot to prove it. The scene already has a miserable name as it is. We don't want any unnecessary attention. Just had to put it out there. I AM that guy. And to add to that there's a Mass State Police station down the road. Sometimes they even park inside the very same parking lot we will be at to catch people speeding on Soldiers Field Road. Mass Staties do not play I **** you not. Do yourself and everyone a favor and handle yourself in a manner fitting that of a mature car owner.

This is the cruise map Toan came up with.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1191x578 and weights 556KB.

memorial.
93 south on the zakim.
93 south tunnel.
chinatown
boston commons
up newbury
down boylston
regroup at park plaza
downtown crossing
south boston and the ica
financial district
state and fanieul hall
then hop on storrow to head back to the park

input please

i wanted to work in fenway somehow but once again... it's a matter of people trying to catch the lights and waiting people while trying to not block other cars that are on the road.

ROLL CALL
ShaneLach-hot dogs/buns
d3m14n- cooler, ice, soda, hot dogs
KevinPhan
Elbowblk- plates,cups,napkins, and cheese
96NismoZ- bags of Tostitos
penguin9903
carfreak
Paaaaat- Burgers and condiments
Xer0
jackee13
eNrg S14
flakofastfoot- soda
Floam90S13
sr20vet - grill & cooler
RedEvil
Darkgrey240
Rayth
gt35rsr
vqboodah- soda
MunsonAuto
Munson's pops
USDMrice
Ruili
sdaigle240
13litzace
OG Danny
sr20det79
driftmonkey2
Dragonmotorsports
240Funk
synergy
2fast240
KoukiKyle
Bdrags
Banikid
danielson
Black240ct
cvega
91tbma

Last edited by Cvega; 02-28-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:34 PM
aznboiofNYC

dang thats a nice roll call I havent been to a legit meet in the east coast yet since I've been home tempting to drive down to meet you guys
Old 01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Cvega

ya they're posting early so the meet should be a success. Roll call so far very good but of course the more the better...
Old 01-20-2010, 05:30 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Interested....
Old 01-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Rocknthehawk

I'm interested....

there really is no point in driving around fenway, it's boring. and dealing with the lights in areas they listed is a PITA.

but storrow ROCKS when there is no traffic
Old 01-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Cvega

still enough time to dust the cob webs off the Z's in storage haha
Old 01-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Cvega

Originally Posted by Rocknthehawk
I'm interested....

there really is no point in driving around fenway, it's boring. and dealing with the lights in areas they listed is a PITA.

but storrow ROCKS when there is no traffic
i agree with that. The fenway area is nice but not when ur rollin 40 cars deep haha
Old 01-20-2010, 05:14 PM
KS0385

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will likely be there. Hopefully with my Winter setup off. I think I like 240's more than Z's...
Old 01-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Cvega

haha i dont like 240s more than Z's but i do love the 240 alot and im a huge nissan/infinti guy all around. Toward the end of march im thinking it should be safe to put the winter setups away...either way as the time comes closer we can have more of a discussion...
Old 01-20-2010, 07:03 PM
04SilverZ35

Sounds like fun
Old 01-21-2010, 06:08 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Cvega
haha i dont like 240s more than Z's but i do love the 240 alot and im a huge nissan/infinti guy all around. Toward the end of march im thinking it should be safe to put the winter setups away...either way as the time comes closer we can have more of a discussion...
That's a gamble. The roads will more than likely still have a ton of sand and salt on them and there still is a possibility of snow.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Cvega

^ this is very tru im sure we all remember a couple of years ago when we got a blizzard on april 1st....either way its somthin to look forward too...
Old 01-22-2010, 06:14 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Cvega
^ this is very tru im sure we all remember a couple of years ago when we got a blizzard on april 1st....either way its somthin to look forward too...
Dont you hate the North East
Old 01-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Cvega

haha at times yes very much...
Old 01-23-2010, 09:00 PM
FTD350z

Put my name down ill probably be there just for a little bit because i work second shift but hey it will be worth it. Is that the park next to the beach on the same exit to bayside expo?
Old 01-24-2010, 04:27 AM
Cvega

I kno wat park ur talking about but i dont think this is it. thats like the dorchester south boston line. this meet is taking place in Brighton...as the time gets closer and more people are aware we can start making a list of our own...
Old 01-24-2010, 04:11 PM
FTD350z

Ohh ok well if i have time and its not too far out ill def show up being that i have to be at work by 345 in North Kingston RI.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:40 AM
vqboodah

Default MA Spring Bean Meet 3/21/10 BOSTON,MA

well im on this forum because i love Z's but i drive a 240sx and a Maxima as a daily. Our local 240sx forum has gathered for the biggest 240sx meet in the New England Area. we have 46 cars RSVPed as of right now for this epic cruise/meet in the boston area. lets beef up the nissan scene here in new england!

If you would like to attend this meet and not a member of 240sxONE, please register and RSVP. any nissans/cars are welcomed! . thanks

Originally Posted by shanelach;

Toan and I have been throwing around the idea of more frequent meets so I decided I am going to throw out the idea for a spring meet. I was hoping that if the idea is put out there early enough, it can be a big opening of the season deal, ya know? I was personally shooting for mid-March so everyone who isn't ballsy enough (like myself) to daily their car in the winter, has time to get the ball rolling and have the car road worthy. Grilling, chilling, photos, rolling shots, cruise. The whole schbiel. Hopefully this gets the ideas flowing and a bunch of people don't fail/ bail like myself. Input?

If you could bring something, that would be sweet. Cups, burgers, hotdogs, buns, grill, condiments, table, plates, anything really. Whatever you can think of. Doesn't have to be pricey. Just a little something something. Ya digg?

I'm going to say, depending on the weather, THE THIRD SUNDAY OF MARCH. THIS IS THE 21'ST at Cristian A. Herter Park, 1400 Soldiers Field Road, Brighton, MA‎ , at 11 AM. Look here-
The parking lot is large enough to accommodate a good amount of cars, and should be a good place to grill. Easy to get to also. If weather is poor, this will go down the following Sunday.

People attending are representing us as a group also, so please, don't drive like a complete dick at the location we meet up at. Yes, your car is RWD. You don't have to drift and do burnouts around the parking lot to prove it. The scene already has a miserable name as it is. We don't want any unnecessary attention. Just had to put it out there. I AM that guy. And to add to that there's a Mass State Police station down the road. Sometimes they even park inside the very same parking lot we will be at to catch people speeding on Soldiers Field Road. Mass Staties do not play I **** you not. Do yourself and everyone a favor and handle yourself in a manner fitting that of a mature car owner.

This is the cruise map Toan came up with.

memorial.
93 south on the zakim.
93 south tunnel.
chinatown
boston commons
up newbury
down boylston
regroup at park plaza
downtown crossing
south boston and the ica
financial district
state and fanieul hall
then hop on storrow to head back to the park

input please

i wanted to work in fenway somehow but once again... it's a matter of people trying to catch the lights and waiting people while trying to not block other cars that are on the road.

if you have any questions please PM me or register on 240sxone and you can ask anyone there to get quickest response. thanks!

Last edited by vqboodah; 02-14-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:43 AM
FTD350z

Hey this was posted up already but thanks for the reminder.
https://my350z.com/forum/north-east/...bean-meet.html I believe a couple of us are going. Well at least i will be attending.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:00 AM
vqboodah

sounds good! i didnt realize someone else beat me to it haha. cvega is also on 240sxONE. if mods could close this thread and add the cruise map to cvega's thread that would be great. thanks

Last edited by vqboodah; 02-16-2010 at 06:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Spring Bean Meet