Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

DO NOT go to East Brunswick Rt 18 Car Meets!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:34 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DO NOT go to East Brunswick Rt 18 Car Meets!!!!

I have not been down at the EB car meets in a few weeks due to work and what not. So last night DUKE calls me and actually showed up. While he had gotten there pretty early i rolled out of bed got ready and made my way. I made it there at around 10:00. Soon as i pull in I was surrounded my COPS like i had been made for Americas Most Wanted. They gave me hell for everything under the damn sun, not to mention My Go Pro Hero Cam that i had suctioned to the car. (recorded it all)

I started to spit some names of people that i knew, and the A hole EB cop goes

" knowing people is all fine and dandy sir, but your not leaving with out getting something."

All i can say being an EB native i never really understood what the Fuss was about EB cops being such D!cks, and now i know!!!

I will be making a nice little Video for the Tube dedicated to East Brunswick for there FINE staff that there Police department has.

Long story short instead of giving me a soft ticket for perhaps no Plate, he went ahead and had the nerve to say

" being that you know a few people that helped you out, but i am giving you just a ticket for No Insurance ( i had the new one home...MY FAULT!)"

so instead of being "cool" and giving me a $54 dollar ticket for no Plate, he gave me a $180 Dollar ticket for no updated INS card.

Good way to make money and stick it to a resident.

THANKS EB!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Dr. Venture

This is just my story, but i know for a fact that while i was there at the least 50 more cars had gotten pulled over.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Armed Ferret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe the street racing that happens (i've never been there, and i can guarandamntee it happens) on the side as a result of these meets has made them finally decide to crack down a bit.

having lost a family member to streetracers, i have absolutely no problem with them doing so. and to be perfectly frank, you forgot your insurance card, and they cited you for that. if the law mandates you keep a valid insurance card on you and/or the car at all times, how hard is that really? as soon as my cards arrive, one goes in my wallet around my license, the other in the car paperclipped to the registration.

sorry to hear they were acting like jerks, but everyone has a boss. odds are each individual officer didn't randomly decide to show up right as you were arriving.

bottom line is, you screwed up, and they called you on it. go ahead and shed a few tears, then accept your mistake and move on with life. maybe don't go hang out where people are illegally streetracing in the future?

I'm reminded of Chris Rock's old bit about how not to get your *** kicked by the police. Step 1: OBEY THE LAW.

Amazing how that works.

Last edited by Armed Ferret; 07-06-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:01 AM
lowcel

In WV you can take a copy of your current insurance card and the ticket will be taken care of (as long as it was valid at the time the ticket was issued). Check with your local court house and see if that is the case their as well. If so then the cop actually did you a favor.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:01 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Interesting but the subject applies to regional members only.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:14 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by davidv
Interesting but the subject applies to regional members only.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:14 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

The officer can make a reasonable inference that insurance is valid. Yes it may not be the most current, however he is charged with making sure you have a proof of insurance.

That is a BS ticket that I would fight. Also your typical underpaid law enforcement officer is fed so much propaganda about what we do at these events, I am surprised you were hauled into jail for gang violence.

Armed Ferret, I am sorry to hear about your street racing sob story. The truth is he was not committing any laws so they trump up false charges, or become extreme tough with the smallest infractions to make a statement. That is gross misuse of power. Saying that OP is now free to hang out where he wants is crazy. Thats like saying because I went to the local Oktoberfest in a VW I am a ****. Have we all failed to see that you are innocent until proven guilty.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Dr. Venture

I already know what i have to do. In NJ at the least it is mandatory for me to show up to court on a credentials charge when receiving a ticket. Otherwise if he issued a warning i would just have to go to the precinct and show them the right stuff. So i just called and postponed it till September due to the fact that I'll be on vacay.

As far as Street racing. Trust me there is no where to race in EB that is not covered by the Cops. Specially on rt 18. So i highly doubt that is why they are cracking down. My best bet that now a days the town just needs the $ brought in by stopping everyone. Because for years they never did anything up until now.

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 07-06-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

No Insurance or no Insurance card is no joke in NJ at all, almost as bad as a DWI . Be glad ur car didn't get towed.. All NJ police are ramping up tickets as local revenue drops townships have to get money somehow.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Dr. Venture

Yeah i know i was thankful. But he did however check with headQ to see if i had paid and updated in which i did. I just did not have the "valid" one in the car because i was kind of rushing. My stupidity.

But w/e i'll catch a day off and go Sept 5th to show them i am valid. So i can save how ever much the court fee will be for least another 2 months. LOL!

But deff something is going down with the townships. Because i see a whole lot of cops out and about very abnormal to what i am used to seeing. i really do not even feel like driving these days. Luckily with the Wrangler im not really an eye catcher for being stopped. But the Z is a cop magnet.

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 07-06-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
Yeah i know i was thankful. But he did however check with headQ to see if i had paid and updated in which i did. I just did not have the "valid" one in the car because i was kind of rushing. My stupidity.

But w/e i'll catch a day off and go Sept 5th to show them i am valid. So i can save how ever much the court fee will be for least another 2 months. LOL!

But deff something is going down with the townships. Because i see a whole lot of cops out and about very abnormal to what i am used to seeing. i really do not even feel like driving these days. Luckily with the Wrangler im not really an eye catcher for being stopped. But the Z is a cop magnet.

I've been a Z owner for 3 years so far and just recently i've been pulled over 3 times in the last 3 months... I too had a old insurance card and had to take off work to bring the new one.. Urghhh
Old 07-06-2010, 07:39 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
so instead of being "cool" and giving me a $54 dollar ticket for no Plate, he gave me a $180 Dollar ticket for no updated INS card.
Those cops are wasis

In Houston... cops can run your plates and know if you have a valid insurance or not.

Happen to me before...
I couldn't find my insurance card, he said "don't worry bout it, just get a new one asap," and wrote me a ticket what he pulled me over for.

Subscribing to that video
Old 07-06-2010, 08:26 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that sucks man. thanks for the tip. guess i'm never going there again

I updated the thread about this in the NE section

Last edited by BoomerZ33; 07-06-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Z_HighSpeed

$180...cheap ticket...

round here they are $394.50
Old 07-06-2010, 02:46 PM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow that is so stupid. I don't understand why they don't ticket the kids being idiots instead of the people hanging out and enjoying the meet.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:29 AM
zer0cool

Originally Posted by graffkid732
Wow that is so stupid. I don't understand why they don't ticket the kids being idiots instead of the people hanging out and enjoying the meet.
its dem HoNDa BoYz y0
Old 07-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Dr. Venture

My thing is. Why ticket a perfect smooth looking clean *** Z.

Mostly all of the ghetto fab kids had Junks..with no exhausts, bad stickers, and what not. I guess they went for the "rich" looking guy. Little did they know im BROKE!!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 AM
keithman5000

that sucks. seems you had a little harassment from the officer,

" being that you know a few people that helped you out, but i am giving you just a ticket for No Insurance ( i had the new one home...MY FAULT!)"

he shouldnt be mouthin off like that. i had an incident up here in rowley where the cop asked me (after seeing my license and registration) whose car i was driving, after i said "mine" he asked me if i was taking an attitude with him. then he asked me my age, address, and what i was doing. i was working the 4th of july and he was ruthless.

if you felt like the action taken was uneccessary, id contact the chief of police in that town. thats what i did with my incident.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Dr. Venture

i have it all on video. I am almost done with all the editing. And NO i am not editing anything dealing with the cops. Just the waiting period.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:36 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

In for video

Quick Reply: DO NOT go to East Brunswick Rt 18 Car Meets!!!!