Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Review of JDS Motoring

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:09 PM
ILikeKiwis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of JDS Motoring

Hey guys!

I've been a lurker here for years and figured I'd finally post something in the form of a review of my experience with JDS Motoring.

To give some background, I own a stock 2005 350z that's been climbing up in mileage and figured it deserved some pampering and refreshing in the form of a mild suspension upgrade. I'm EXTREMELY picky about stuff and as a result, usually I do most of my own maintenance work, but I really didn't want to touch the world of suspension work, especially since some of the instructions called for grinding and such (a bit of laziness and the fact that it's winter did factor in a little bit). After much research (thanks to the awesome information on this board ), I pretty much came to the conclusion that Jas at JDS was the guy to go to around my neighborhood.

Speaking with Jas couldn't have been easier, he's extremely quick to respond to inquiries and always provided straight forward answers to all my questions. He was always open to work around my rather busy schedule and even offered me a ride home if I couldn't make arrangements after dropping off the car!

The list of parts installed:
- Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers
- SPL Front Upper Control Arms
- Whiteline Front Inner & Outer Lower Control Arm Bushings
- SPL Front Compression Arm Bushings
- SPL Rear Camber Arms
- SPC Rear Toe Bolts
(Thanks to Adam at Z1 for the AWESOME customer service!)

My ONLY gripe was that Jas had recommended and performed an alignment immediately after installing the parts and then performed a 2nd alignment once the springs settled. During the first alignment, he didn't have the alignment spec sheets, which I wanted to see and compare data on how much the alignment shifted during the settling process. Overall, however, I've been very satisfied with my experience at JDS and would definitely return for other work to be done.

On a side note, how the heck do you people with lowered cars drive around in NJ without scraping every little thing that comes your way? I admit, this is my first lowered car and I seem to scrape EVERYTHING. I think it's only the mud guards scraping, but still, it makes me cringe everytime I hear the noise.

Pic of my car as it sits now, with about ~1" drop:
Attached Thumbnails Review of JDS Motoring-dsc_1042_02.jpg  

Last edited by ILikeKiwis; 02-14-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:07 PM
litoflow

Really? You scrape at that height? Keep driving it cause u got a long way to go bro! lol
Old 02-15-2011, 06:11 PM
plumpzz

i used to scrape a lot aswell. i had my car raised about a half inch for a final total drop of .75 inches. jas is great and hell always take care of you
Old 02-15-2011, 07:32 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ILikeKiwis
On a side note, how the heck do you people with lowered cars drive around in NJ without scraping every little thing that comes your way? I admit, this is my first lowered car and I seem to scrape EVERYTHING. I think it's only the mud guards scraping, but still, it makes me cringe everytime I hear the noise.
Jas helped me slam my car to the ground on my coils. do i regret it? NO way but it looks so good. my car is still hibernating so it hasn't seen any winter potholes thankfully. i drive like an oldie now and turn on my hazards when i see any large bumps or train tracks. i still cringe from time to time but i'm used to it now. gotta do what you gotta do here in north jersey. i've become a pro at dodging potholes.

Originally Posted by litoflow
Really? You scrape at that height? Keep driving it cause u got a long way to go bro! lol
i don't think he's seen your car bro LOL
Old 02-16-2011, 06:12 AM
ILikeKiwis

Originally Posted by litoflow
NJ's been hit with alot of recurring snow lately and the plowing's caused quite a bit of deterioration on the roads here. Combine that with the already not-so-great roads at some parts of NJ and it's scrape central here. It's probably also my noobness driving style not getting accustomed to the additional precautionary measures that need to be taken.

With enough practice and discipline, hopefully I'll become a pro at dodging potholes too.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:35 AM
laxplaya1385

^ even with practice and discipline, new potholes sprout up every day, so if you learn where they are one day, you have to relearn the next.

NJ roads FTL. At least they patch them up come spring....