Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Official 2011 summer mountain run/rally - june 25th

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Lakeside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a fine crew to roll with! They will be sure not to leave you behind and help you out. There is some spirited sprinting but they don't speed the entire time. Depending which route they are taking, (I didn't PM for details) they can only go as fast as conditions allow! Living in VT, your aware of the twisties

The mechanicals are key here like Chick said! Nothing worse then a poorly prepared Z. Good brakes/tires are key due to the twisties and mountain terrain.

I wish I could attend but this event but it always falls on the Largest jet ski/personal watercraft event in the Northeast.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Chick Flyn By U

WHOA! I was away for a few days, and obiv missed a lot....

I agree with Omega, Trodis and Keith, if the car can handle keeping up with us (as necessary) than, lets go!

If you view our FB page, you will see there are other cars that are not G/Z's that are coming, even some bikes, so it doesnt matter what you have, just be an experienced, respectful driver and make sure your car has some cahoneys!!!

For those of you who are new, I'm excited to have you be a part of the cruise, love new people! Just to give you an idea of how the days goes...

We meet, cruise on the hwy a bit, meet up with some people from the north (ME/VT/NH), cruise up to the good roads, stop for gas, lunch, etc., cruise on the mountains, etc, etc. I will be PMing all of you the route. Again, we are not posting it on the forums, dont want any issues...

Its a laid back day, we are an awesome group of people, we just like to hang out and have a good time.

I will update the main post, if I missed your name, PM me and I'll add it on.

I'll be messaging everyone soon with the finalized route.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:57 AM
DriftPrettyJah

Thank you for the review everyone! It sounds awesome.. I guess I'm just a lil nervous bc yes my car can keep up- but does that mean I am "breaking the law" and speeding? I know how that sounds but when you end up in hand cuffs for speeding you tend to think about these things a lil deeper. So forgive me for that :/ I'm all for a cruise thruthe montains but if it means I'm doing 90 thru areas of the freeway to stick with the group I should prob pass. Even tho it sounds perfect- I just don't want to ruin anyone else's time by being "the slow one" by choice. I suck- I kno :/ but I appreciate the info everyone posted so thank u.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Lakeside

Pack your radar/lazer detector! Everyone fools around on the highway. I like to fly on I-88 but I know the highway well. There is great visibility, center medians have few U-turns and most of the medians have steep ascends & descends to them.

Our local club was fouling around while driving to the Glen this year. There are a couple nice safe stretches where the 5-o can't hide. We hit speeds from 140-165 mph.

Pack your GPS and print off the route. If you fall behind you can catch up at the next gas or break stop. Key to have a radio as mentioned. Cell reception is weak to non existent at times.

Most of those going you will meet at local Z/G meets & shows! Have fun, go and meet some of the northeast crew.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:12 AM
DriftPrettyJah

I like the sound of "you can catch up at the next stop" I wanna go! Everyone is so nice!!! Luv
It!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Legacy406
Premier Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,704 Posts

lol count me out. Cant be doing 145-160mph with the job Im going for.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Lakeside

Originally Posted by Legacy406
No one will be doing 140-165 mph lol

I doubt they will go above 80-90 for a couple seconds on the highway. Posted speed limits on this run are all 55 mph or less. So no worries! I would be more concerned about tires, brakes and radio... The event is a WIN WIN!

I wish I could go. All kinds of events that weekend. Drifitng, car shows, mountain run. Ughhhh
Old 06-07-2011, 12:28 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

why u so lame?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Legacy406
Premier Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,704 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakeside
No one will be doing 140-165 mph lol

I doubt they will go above 80-90 for a couple seconds on the highway. Posted speed limits on this run are all 55 mph or less. So no worries! I would be more concerned about tires, brakes and radio... The event is a WIN WIN!

I wish I could go. All kinds of events that weekend. Drifitng, car shows, mountain run. Ughhhh
Ah thats not bad then.

Originally Posted by trodis
why u so lame?
lol Im just playing it safe Also, my car isn't currently in the greatest shape atm to be abusing the hell out of it
Old 06-07-2011, 01:07 PM
=Cerberus=

Originally Posted by trodis
why u so lame?
It is the cop in him.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:04 AM
jmahad01

I'd like to attend but I dont know anyone....
Old 06-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Chick Flyn By U

Originally Posted by DriftPrettyJah
Thank you for the review everyone! It sounds awesome.. I guess I'm just a lil nervous bc yes my car can keep up- but does that mean I am "breaking the law" and speeding? I know how that sounds but when you end up in hand cuffs for speeding you tend to think about these things a lil deeper. So forgive me for that :/ I'm all for a cruise thruthe montains but if it means I'm doing 90 thru areas of the freeway to stick with the group I should prob pass. Even tho it sounds perfect- I just don't want to ruin anyone else's time by being "the slow one" by choice. I suck- I kno :/ but I appreciate the info everyone posted so thank u.
NO its not that ridic! A few of us got tickets before but no one ever was arrested, we are not doing anything illegal!

One time we all got pulled over into a parking lot in VT but they just told us all to call the cops ahead of time to let them know we were cursing through the neighborhood. NO one got a ticket or anything.

You will be fine. We will have the inexperienced drivers in the middle or towards the back. If you cant keep up, you will have directions and we will be stopping along the way so you will have a chance to meet back up. NO worries !
Old 06-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Chick Flyn By U

Originally Posted by jmahad01
I'd like to attend but I dont know anyone....
NO BIGGIE! Not trying to sound like a pompas jerk or anything, but we are really all cool down to earth peeps. When I first joined I didnt know anyone and I showed up by myself. I was the only chick. Everyone was awesome and welcomed everyone new.

ITs a great way to meet new people, and I've made some of the best friends Ive had b/c of the meets.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:06 PM
OMEGA46

Originally Posted by Chick Flyn By U
NO BIGGIE! Not trying to sound like a pompas jerk or anything, but we are really all cool down to earth peeps. When I first joined I didnt know anyone and I showed up by myself. I was the only chick. Everyone was awesome and welcomed everyone new.

ITs a great way to meet new people, and I've made some of the best friends Ive had b/c of the meets.
That'll be me lol.

Careful she can be a bully though, one time she yelled at me (THATS MY HANDLE, IM FINE, LET GO!!!) and I was very upset lmao.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 PM
jmahad01

Ahhh. what the hell add me in. Never done anything like this before
1 Chick-350Z
2 Omega-350Z
3 Trodis-350Z
4 Keithman-350Z
5 Larry@showtime-G35
6 04SilverZ35 - 350Z
7 03Tour6Spd - 350Z
8 EazyD - 370Z
9 =Cerberus= - 350Z
10 PSSSH - G
11 06venomz - Z
12 awgeeze - z
13 johnnyd - G
14 grovefromnh - G
15 Sarg (not on forums) STI
16 MIKE99101 - M3
17 Jdavis169 - 350Z
18 Suntzuprodigy - Z33
19 briankyle97 - 350Z
20 Jmahad01- 350Z
Old 06-09-2011, 06:06 AM
keithman5000

Originally Posted by OMEGA46
That'll be me lol.

Careful she can be a bully though, one time she yelled at me (THATS MY HANDLE, IM FINE, LET GO!!!) and I was very upset lmao.
Yeah omega. She's just so full of hate inside. Hahaha everyone SHOULD come to this. It's a very good time to have fun, drive, and just relax with other people who enjoy the cars (toys) we have.

It's looks like we are going to have a big group.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Chick Flyn By U

Originally Posted by keithman5000
Yeah omega. She's just so full of hate inside. Hahaha everyone SHOULD come to this. It's a very good time to have fun, drive, and just relax with other people who enjoy the cars (toys) we have.

It's looks like we are going to have a big group.
WELLL....assuming he's talking about my handle of vodka they tried to take from me, yes, I was very upset!!! haha (I really dont have a problem, I just like my vodka!) haha
Old 06-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Chick Flyn By U

Original post updated

see new thread for caravans
Old 06-09-2011, 01:11 PM
AwGeeze

Yeah, ive been reading that safety ect is paramount. Then I also read "Make sure you can keep up" "Bring radar detectors" " We aren't posting the route so the law doesn't see it"

Ive been on a dozen or so Kanc cruises for charity, fun, ect. I have even helped organize a few. And every single one ive been on it was a good cruise if you owned a Ferrari or a Yais. There wasn't any racing any "Needing to keep up" Everyone obeyed traffic laws and by doing so kept that safety "Paramount". Obviously, there is always some spirited driving and such. But this doesn't really sound like a causal fun cruise.

Maybe im being lame, maybe im misunderstanding when I read things like "If you can keep up" "Make sure your oil is new and your brakes are good" "We arent posting the route to keep the 5.0s off of us." Every cruise ive been on has had the route posted openly. We were obeying traffic laws and not racing so there was no reason to keep it a secret.

Im sorry if im misunderstanding something or being a hard *** but you can see from what people said why one would think there is going to be more racing and such rather than just cruising and meeting new people. No disrespect intended at all. Just some concerns I wanted to address.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Chick Flyn By U

Originally Posted by AwGeeze
Yeah, ive been reading that safety ect is paramount. Then I also read "Make sure you can keep up" "Bring radar detectors" " We aren't posting the route so the law doesn't see it"

Ive been on a dozen or so Kanc cruises for charity, fun, ect. I have even helped organize a few. And every single one ive been on it was a good cruise if you owned a Ferrari or a Yais. There wasn't any racing any "Needing to keep up" Everyone obeyed traffic laws and by doing so kept that safety "Paramount". Obviously, there is always some spirited driving and such. But this doesn't really sound like a causal fun cruise.

Maybe im being lame, maybe im misunderstanding when I read things like "If you can keep up" "Make sure your oil is new and your brakes are good" "We arent posting the route to keep the 5.0s off of us." Every cruise ive been on has had the route posted openly. We were obeying traffic laws and not racing so there was no reason to keep it a secret.

Im sorry if im misunderstanding something or being a hard *** but you can see from what people said why one would think there is going to be more racing and such rather than just cruising and meeting new people. No disrespect intended at all. Just some concerns I wanted to address.

Understandable questions

We do keep safety a top priority, espeically when we have a few bikes coming.

When we say "keep up" we say this because we have been on runs before where we are on roads that windy and such and inexperienced drivers get in teh middle of the pack and slow down other drivers behind them who are experienced (i.e. we are going 45 down a windy road and there was a car going 30 in the middle of the pack)

You just cant do that. If you feel you dont want to drive as fast, just get in the back. We dont want anyone to feel pressured or anything, so stay in your comfort zone, and just dont hold anyone else up.

That is all. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to PM me directly. Also, I added you on FB so feel free to check out some of the video's and pics from previous runs that I have on my page so you get a better idea.

Quick Reply: Official 2011 summer mountain run/rally - june 25th