Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Island Dragway?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 04:23 PM
NissanZ03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Island Dragway?

Hey,
I've actually never been to the track before to be honest. None of my friends are into cars or anything and there aren't any places on Long Island that I'm aware of. Is anyone familiar with Island Dragway in NJ? It looks like they have a street legal night. How is it there? Does anyone know their policies with nitrous? Looks like you have to wear a helmet too. Just curious because it looks like alot of fun
Old 06-13-2011, 05:22 PM
RedZ92

Originally Posted by NissanZ03
Hey,
I've actually never been to the track before to be honest. None of my friends are into cars or anything and there aren't any places on Long Island that I'm aware of. Is anyone familiar with Island Dragway in NJ? It looks like they have a street legal night. How is it there? Does anyone know their policies with nitrous? Looks like you have to wear a helmet too. Just curious because it looks like alot of fun
wassup man, i just went to the track (englishtown) for the first time ever (with the Z of course) and it was so much fun, especially since i went with some friends (a nismo 350z and couple of other cars). I didnt bring a helmet, i had to rent one for 5 bucks, but I am never gonna do that again, that crap was dirty as ****, smelled bad too, smh. i payed around 25 bucks and got like 7 runs. they have like this little inspection thing they do before you race and they just check to see if u got nos and stuff, and i asked about it and he said people can run with it but they have to have a fire jacket or something like that. u got facebook?... we might be going to the track again soon.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:01 PM
NissanZ03

I don't have nitrous yet, but I've been really considering it. I should probably get in some runs without it though so I have some experience first. I'm really into checkin it out though. yea my names Craig Kessler. I'd send you a link to my page but it never works for some reason. Where in NY are you from?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:11 PM
RedZ92

im in LI, nassau. i think englishtown is the closest track from me. & u?
yeah, try it out first, see what your making and then add to it, its gonna be better cause i went and i already wanna find ways to go faster . plus you'll have more experience just in case u do get that nos. and u should read up about it if u havent, idk much about it so idk if id be bad for the Z.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:01 PM
NissanZ03

Originally Posted by RedZ92
im in LI, nassau. i think englishtown is the closest track from me. & u?
yeah, try it out first, see what your making and then add to it, its gonna be better cause i went and i already wanna find ways to go faster . plus you'll have more experience just in case u do get that nos. and u should read up about it if u havent, idk much about it so idk if id be bad for the Z.
Oh I've done plenty of research and pretty much narrowed it down to a 75 shot zex kit. Englishtown might be the closest. I'm out east in Suffolk but Jersey isn't too bad of a ride. I'd definitely like to try it before I get nitrous just to see what kind of gains I get on my time too
Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 AM
da mayor

it's nice to do a dyno run before and after....

the track gets addicting so make some passes before you start spraying
Old 06-14-2011, 11:56 AM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by da mayor
it's nice to do a dyno run before and after....

the track gets addicting so make some passes before you start spraying
Ken who u telling, I went for the first time n I'm hooked..
Think a few of us are shooting out to island Friday night if the weather plays fair....
E town is cool but its always packed, I've heard u can get multiple runs @ Island...

Jus my .02

Peace!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:41 PM
chrisjersey06

I used to work as a tech inspector at Island. My advice if you plan to run your car at least 5 times during the season, is to buy your own helmet. You can usually get one for under $100, just make sure its Snell rated. DOT approved motorcycle helmets are not allowed, and they will make you rent one of theirs. All in all its a fun time, you can usually get as many runs as you want at Island, unlike Etown. You can run your car 15 times if you wish.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:21 PM
tepidy

The Zex kit is the way to go. It is the only kit that is especially made for 350Z's. All the lines are cut to proper length. I would stick to the 75 shot as well with the full throttle open to activate. The manual buttons to activate can become hairy if you are not use to using NOS and bad things can happen really fast.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:51 PM
NissanZ03

Yeah I'd play it safe with a good tune/AFR gauge/window switch etc...

I'm kind of stuck in Massachusetts all summer for grad school and its alot of work. If I get any time off I'd love to get a few runs in at the track. I'd definitely get addicted. I'm done here in mid august though so I should have some more time then