Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Do not go to Performance Motorsport & Real Auto Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Carzzz
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not go to Performance Motorsport & Real Auto Dynamics

Some of you locals who are inquiring about work and tuning may want to read some of this:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-policies.html
Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 AM
folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

LOL

You're referring us to a thread started by user "megatroll350z"

Get the hell out of here retard
Old 05-23-2012, 09:36 AM
delusional

hm you started a new acct just to post this thread. must be reliable info then!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:09 AM
folgrz

You trolling the forums as a hobby now Gary?

Last edited by folgrz; 05-23-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:14 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

"MegaTroll" LIVES!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Carzzz
Banned

Originally Posted by folgrz
LOL

You're referring us to a thread started by user "megatroll350z"

Get the hell out of here retard
Retard, really, Chris? I wonder if someone told you to speak on their behalf, nice to see you back here too insulting those who are involved in matters not directly related to you, my friend. And are you implying that none of this stuff is true? Everyone always plays interference until they personally get screwed over themselves and then it's like rats off a sinking ship.

You trolling the forums as a hobby now Gary?
I guess I can be guilty by association. It's nothing personal, money was paid, promises were made and never kept, stuff was screwed and he's obviously not a happy camper with what went on so it's probably better that everyone understands how customers are really treated.

Last edited by Carzzz; 05-23-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:41 AM
folgrz

Originally Posted by Carzzz
Retard, really, Chris? I wonder if someone told you to speak on their behalf, nice to you back here too insulting those who are involved in matters not directly related to you my friend. And are you implying that none of this stuff is true?

I guess I can be guilty by association. It's nothing personal man, money was paid, promises were made and never kept, stuff was screwed and he's obviously not a happy camper with what went on so it's probably better that everyone understands how customers are treated.
Ok so maybe I didn't choose my words wisely, this is before I knew it was you posting this and thought you were just some random dude.

But I cant see these "2 mechanics" trying to steal anything from anyone. I would trust these guys with my cars, money, hell even my first born child. To go accusing them of wanting to steal your boost gauge when they definitely don't need it is pretty ludicrous.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Carzzz
Banned

Originally Posted by folgrz
Ok so maybe I didn't choose my words wisely, this is before I knew it was you posting this and thought you were just some random dude.

But I cant see these "2 mechanics" trying to steal anything from anyone. I would trust these guys with my cars, money, hell even my first born child. To go accusing them of wanting to steal your boost gauge when they definitely don't need it is pretty ludicrous.
I guess since I'm the lawyer, you can play lawyer for the other parties involved.

I'm not an eyewitness, from what I was told, as was said before in 6 weeks that the car was there, the boost gauge went from the car to the mechanic's toolbox, back to the car minus the lightbulb and with a huge attitude. How did the gauge get in his toolbox and was not given to the owner when it was initially removed?

On top of everything else, 6 weeks and these guys could not remedy a boost creep issue, never datalogged the car and saw AFR's all over the place never even coming close to values set in the tune? Really man, you would trust them with your car-Are you sure about that? cause you really don't know the issues.

When the question was asked about it, the mechanic sounded like he was doing him some huge favor and rudely responded that he would mail him the bulb back which never happened. Forget that, how do you explain the switch of the Maf? Pure incompetence, what recourse does he have for that now? Go back 6 months later and demand an Uprev maf? Would you replace it for free because someone who worked for you a few months ago switched it back to a stock Maf? that's not practical even though that shop with those 2 mechanics were the only people that went under that hood.

So now we've come to this and there's always going to be 2 sides to a story but why would anyone say anything that wasn't true? Usually, people only complain if they're not happy. If you pay someone you would expect good service, this was not and people are going to hear about it.

Last edited by Carzzz; 05-23-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:30 PM
SniperHunter

What does Real Auto Dynamics have anything to do with this at all?

Nothing. The two shops are NOT affiliated.

Why do think RAD exists in the first place? Because the three most honest people from Performance Motorsport left for reasons that shall remain between the two shops. The complaints made in the linked thread are solely directed at Performance Motorsport and their owners - not the Real Auto owners who haven't worked there in months now.

The two shops have NO mutual affiliation. Point blank, there is a rift between them - there's no use in denying any of that. The same way the sky is blue, and water is wet. But to go around bunching RAD in with problem's Performance Motorsport is giving people is absolutely baseless and defamatory.

So let's shoot this down 1 by 1:

Tried to steal his boost gauge, and begrudgingly with an attitude returned it, minus the lightbulb only when he questioned why his boost gauge was missing. They installed a gizzmo boost controller which displays boost psi, so I guess the mechanic thought he could help himself to the owner's boost gauge. It was now part of his toolbox. When Mega asked for the lightbulb back, after discovering that his gauge was not illuminated a few nights later and going back to the shop the mechanic gave him an attitude and told him "don't worry about it I'll mail it to you or something" He never got it back.
A number of mechanics were fired by PM. Who exactly was this mechanic? And why would either of the two owners and techs of RAD steal a boost gauge, when neither of them drive cars that need them? Was Rodney going to put it in his stock G35 sedan? Was Damen going to toss it in his stock Audi A4? What exactly where they helping themselves to? And if you can't pin point a name and are just throwing out the word 'mechanic' under the assumption it was someone who's now at RAD...then why are you bringing this up? You're guessing at this point. More than just the two techs at PM work on cars and builds there...there are like 4 other people who are in and out of the bay area tinkering underneath the cars, the toolboxes were also shared and things were mixed around - the areas weren't exclusive to a specific tech.

The trunk button on his remote stopped working, I'm guessing the two mechanics screwed something up with his remote/alarm wiring car since no one else touched the car in the months they were working on the car. It was too late to question, since the mechanics already quit by the time he discovered the problem.
Again, you have no proof. You're guessing, which you admitted to. Trunk buttons and electrical issues with aftermarket alarms are so absurdly common, and yet you're speculating that somehow one of two people was responsible? Again, 4-5 different people work on cars sitting at Performance Motorsport when the place was a full house. And you're pinpointing the issue on the two people who voluntarily left because they were putting together a shop of their own the entire time? Doesn't that tell you something? Have you ever asked why they left? Do I really have to spell it out or something?

In the 4-5 times after they did the Uprev install/tune, he went back and forth trying to address the check engine lights that he was promised would go away, which never did go away. Why promise something if it isn't true? Why lie to customers? During one of the instances he was there, the tuner, Andrew thought it may be a dirty MAF. Keep in mind this is the new Uprev MAF they had the guy buy less than 6 months ago. SO he tells one of the 2 mechanics to swap out the MAF with another one they had in the shop. Well guess what? The idiot mechanic replaces the Uprev MAF with the stock nissan MAF. Another $300 down the drain. Again, too late to question because I'm sure the shop would not accept any responsibility even though no one else touched the car.
What the hell does this even have anything to do with Real Auto? Do you know who Andrew is? Him and his father are the owners of Performance Motorsport. They have absolutely no affiliation with Real Auto Dynamics. In fact, the answer to the question I asked you to ask yourself lies somewhere with your quoted paragraph and this response to it.

In January complains to the mechanics that his clutch feels like it's slipping and wants to know if he needs a new clutch/flywheel or if there's a problem. The mechanics take it for a test drive and tell him nothing is wrong it's all fine. Ignorance is bliss right?

About 300 miles later he gets a new ACT heavy duty clutch and streetlite flywheel installed by someone else after they get in the car and try to drive it and experience what he was trying to explain.
Again, who was the mechanic? Who did this test drive? Can you give us names? Can you guarantee it was a tech and not someone from the desk area of PM? Or perhaps one of the owners of PM? Can you guarantee it was a tech who is now at Real Auto? Performance Motorsport was a revolving door of techs last year and the year before that.

Real Auto just had a customer come in with a Silverstone 350Z who asked to have his clutch checked and possibly replaced, and described the issues. They drove it with him and confirmed it. He supplied the OS clutch and flywheel and they installed it no problem. Customer is happy as a clam.

So ask yourself another question, doesn't a shop (just like any other business in the world) want your money? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to want to agree with a customer that there is something wrong with their car so that they can get the car in to work on it? So perhaps whoever drove your friend's car truly felt there wasn't anything out of the ordinary and felt like he was simply being honest and just trying to save the owner some money?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Carzzz
Banned

The issues obviously relate to the two techs that were working at Performance but are now working at R.A.D. Lets not cloud the issues at hand.
  • The boost gauge issue relates to a Damen. The matter does not concern what cars they personally drive, the facts were stated. Usually when someone works on your car, your parts are returned, correct or am I wrong? Or do you let people just help themselves to your parts without your knowing or consent?
  • The Maf replacement debacle may be either Damen or Rodney as they were the 2 working on the car
  • Rodney was the one test driving the car, and could not detect a clutch/flywheel that died 300 miles later?- Thats not even 1 month
  • As mentioned no one aside from these 2 touched the car during that timeframe and were in the driverside fusebox/panel wiring things during installation of the Gizzmo boost controller and replacement of the APS solenoid. So are you saying that this was just a mere coincidence that things that functioned properly prior to them working on the car and stopped working after they were done with the car, but was not discovered by someone else because no one touched the car from that point until it was recently discovered as not working, has nothing to do with their work? Clearly, you must be joking right?

Are you naive or do you just blindly promote them?

The affiliation, in case you don't understand, is the 2 gentlemen that worked on customer cars at Performance, AND this car in particular now work at a shop called Real Auto Dynamics, and this is a warning to people to be weary of their shoddy work, practices and negligence.

I am fully aware of the difference between the 2 shops and this information relates to the practices of both of them.

Once again, when the shoe is on the other foot and YOU are in a similar situation, only then does it matter, but until then it is easier to just explain everything away and pretend things are not what they were.
I'm sure we can all just naysay everything.

"Oh sure, no one was stealing the gauge it just happened to be in the mechanics possession until it was asked for and then returned with a sore attitude like he was doing the customer a favor."

"Oh sure, they didn't replace the uprev maf with with a stock maf, someone else MUST HAVE worked on your car."

"Oh sure, alarms/electronics ALWAYS mysteriously stop working after people do work on your car, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the the guys that touched the car."

"Oh sure, he couldn't have possibly told you your clutch was gonna fail within a month of non-spirited driving, after all he's just a mechanic that works on the cars the whole day."

Gimme a break buddy, judging from the other 2 threads I see, you're here promoting them everyday and providing minute by minute updates on dunkin donut runs saturday mornings, ofcourse you're going to say it has nothing to do with them.

Last edited by Carzzz; 05-23-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:20 PM
SniperHunter

Can you please describe what Rodney and Damen look like? Did you see them take anything? Where you there? Also can you tell me when exactly did Damen allegedly try to take a gauge he has zero use for? I need a timeframe here. I'd appreciate a prompt reply just like the last.

Can you also explain what purpose does it serve for someone to take a gauge they don't need? Again, do you understand how many other people worked on the builds there? I thought maybe you'd try to convince me "oh you can sell it"...but considering that this gauge was now missing its light, clearly there was no intention to sell it. Again, Damen has no use for something like this and toolboxes were largely shared at PM and used by others willingly. For all you know, another tech could've pulled the gauge and placed it there...but that's the problem, you don't know because you weren't there. As I mentioned a number of times, 4-5 people used to be in the bays working on cars - including the owners of Performance Motorsport, who most people take issues up with. On that note...

Have you also dropped Andrew from your bulletpoints of pinning crap against RAD that has nothing to do with them? If you were under the impression that Andrew was somehow involved with RAD, and you had no idea who he even was at Performance (once again, the owner of Performance Motorsport), your stories and accusations lack credibility to me and hopefully to anyone who reads this. You clearly didn't know who was who at Performance Motorsport. That's not a slight against you, that's just me observing.

So at this point, I feel like you're just baselessly bashing people from Performance who have left without any sort of proof, and have a vendetta against a pair of guys who are the two most honest people to have ever touched my cars. If a massive chunk of 350Z and 370Z customers have migrated to RAD for work and left Performance, in addition to some of the Porsches, and a very well known GTR that is currently being built there...that simply goes to tell you that all of these people didn't have a problem with the work staff at PM, but rather the owners.

Last edited by SniperHunter; 05-23-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

i think its just safe to say any build done by anyone other than yourself equals getting screwed.

Seems to be the way it always goes.

I hvent opened any links, dont care to.. stuff like this happens all the time, is usually isolated, even in my case.. im big enuff to say that.

Anyways.. in for the thread blood.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Carzzz
Banned

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Can you please describe what Rodney and Damen look like? Did you see them take anything? Where you there? Also can you tell me when exactly did Damen allegedly try to take a gauge he has zero use for? I need a timeframe here. I'd appreciate a prompt reply just like the last.

Can you also explain what purpose does it serve for someone to take a gauge they don't need? Again, do you understand how many other people worked on the builds there? I thought maybe you'd try to convince me "oh you can sell it"...but considering that this gauge was now missing its light, clearly there was no intention to sell it. Again, Damen has no use for something like this and toolboxes were largely shared at PM and used by others willingly. For all you know, another tech could've pulled the gauge and placed it there...but that's the problem, you don't know because you weren't there. As I mentioned a number of times, 4-5 people used to be in the bays working on cars - including the owners of Performance Motorsport, who most people take issues up with. On that note...

Have you also dropped Andrew from your bulletpoints of pinning crap against RAD that has nothing to do with them? If you were under the impression that Andrew was somehow involved with RAD, and you had no idea who he even was at Performance (once again, the owner of Performance Motorsport), your stories and accusations lack credibility to me and hopefully to anyone who reads this. You clearly didn't know who was who at Performance Motorsport. That's not a slight against you, that's just me observing.

So at this point, I feel like you're just baselessly bashing people from Performance who have left without any sort of proof, and have a vendetta against a pair of guys who are the two most honest people to have ever touched my cars. If a massive chunk of 350Z and 370Z customers have migrated to RAD for work and left Performance, in addition to some of the Porsches, and a very well known GTR that is currently being built there...that simply goes to tell you that all of these people didn't have a problem with the work staff at PM, but rather the owners.
Baseless? Have you not understood all the information stated? Why do YOU need a timeframe or anything proof for that matter, this has nothing to do with you. Would you like to dust for fingerprints? Were YOU there to prove that none of this ever happened and is completely fabricated out of thin air? I mean really? Get a grip, I'm sure if this was your car your opinion of the matter would be completely different.

You keep on bringing up the gauge, well doesn't the gauge belong in the customer's possession, not for over a week with the mechanic and then only returning it after being asked for it back? Really?
I DONT KNOW HOW YOU WERE BROUGHT UP BUT TO ME WHEN SOMEONE TAKES SOMETHING THAT BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE WITHOUT THEIR PRIOR CONSENT< THAT IS CALLED STEALING BUDDY.

This is the experience of one individual with the 2 mechanics that worked on his car. This is an open forum for people to post their experiences and opinions, and reviews of the work of individuals have been provided to the community in this.

I have no idea why you are taking this personally nor do I care but what exactly does this have to do with you, aside from you as a random person without any prior knowledge of this, just flat out denying the truth that any of this ever happened?

Last edited by Carzzz; 05-23-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:54 PM
reactiv8ion

Absurd accusations! When you say it could of been one or the other, in reality, you have no clue. Please get your facts straight, the reputation of RAD has no affiliation with the clown show going on at PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 PM
SniperHunter

I know more than enough. You didn't answer my questions...you're just deflecting, at this point.

I'm glad you don't really have anything concrete to go by. It solidifies that you are making baseless accusations.

Your gauge accusation is still so ludicrous: the shop sees and installs dozens and dozens of gauges. There are so many ways it could've been forgotten at the shop that it's not even worth listing. You went from claiming that it was attempted to be stolen, to now, effectively saying, it was forgotten and that the shop actually held on to it. Chances are, the shop had absolutely no clue who it belonged to. I probably wouldn't if I had worked on that many different cars every week.

I've left things at shops before...we all have. I never came out and said "oh em gee...they tried to steal it. Why did I have to ask for it back?" I simply call them or go and ask for it.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Legacy406
Premier Member

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,703 Posts

You started a new name and have been banned already you think you would get the hint. Knock it off.

/thread