Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Meet at Atco raceway April 25th

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 02:48 PM
SixRB6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not worried at all!!!!

Originally posted by vics350
Please go to www.4phun.com for the latest information on this meet.
Vic you are the man! I know it will be organized after seeing the 2 meets I went to last year when I met you..

By the way I will be buying two of those t-shirts you posted.

One last thing is it going to be a problem if i get down there later?? Will I still have a parking spot with everyone else? I have to take care of something in the morning. I hope it is cancelled but I am covering my a**.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:52 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Not worried at all!!!!

Originally posted by SixRB6
Vic you are the man! I know it will be organized after seeing the 2 meets I went to last year when I met you..

By the way I will be buying two of those t-shirts you posted.

One last thing is it going to be a problem if i get down there later?? Will I still have a parking spot with everyone else? I have to take care of something in the morning. I hope it is cancelled but I am covering my a**.
Paul, I'm just a small peon in the picture. There's a great group of people involved with this meet. The G35 guys are the leaders of this meet and that website was started by them so they get the credit for that.

Parking shouldn't be an issue. I'll be getting there with the big caravan around 11:00 AM and I'll make sure to hold a spot for you if you're going to be late. Let me know a few days before the meet if something changes.

Thanks for buying the t-shirts. All the proceeds will be going to a good cause.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:48 PM
vics350

Default T-Shirts

Here's one link that will show you all the shirts on one page:

http://www.cafeshops.com/vicmar90

Remember that all the profit earned from these sales will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:48 AM
sixfive

Default Re: Re: Not worried at all!!!!

SixFive here form the G35 site. There's a lot of info from alot of forums and all seems very well planned and consistent from board to board BUT: I can't seem to wrap my mind around the track runs.

Thanks to everyone planning this for thier effort. The S Komen benefit is great and a great way to get the GF to go!

1) Will there be 2 cars running at a time?
2) How many organized competitions for 1/4 mile runs are there? - I've seen 5 bucks and 20 bucks for fees. Are there contests and just tuning runs?
3) Anyone with a Z auto and stock want to run a NA modded G sedan AT - you are my benchmark for <$1000 mod success.

Last edited by sixfive; 04-09-2004 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:21 AM
vics350

Default Re: Re: Re: Not worried at all!!!!

Originally posted by sixfive
SixFive here form the G35 site. There's a lot of info from alot of forums and all seems very well planned and consistent from board to board BUT: I can't seem to wrap my mind around the track runs.

Thanks to everyone planning this for thier effort. The S Komen benefit is great and a great way to get the GF to go!

1) Will there be 2 cars running at a time?
2) How many organized competitions for 1/4 mile runs are there? - I've seen 5 bucks and 20 bucks for fees. Are there contests and just tuning runs?
3) Anyone with a Z auto and stock want to run a NA modded G sedan AT - you are my benchmark for <$1000 mod success.
I'll try to answer your questions as best I can as I am not that familiar with drag racing at ATCO. If someone knows better and can chime in as well that would be great.

1. Yes.

2. There aren't really any organized competitions. The ATCO fee to race is $5.00. You must pay for this to race. You also need to have a helmet or pay $3.00 to rent one. This is separate from the entrance fee of $12.00/person.
There is a challenge that daking350 has started where you donate $25 if you're normally aspirated and $45 if you have forced induction. You DON'T have to participate in this pool if you don't want to. You can check with him at the track. The winner I believe will be based on best time. You may want to contact him. He's no longer on this forum but you can find him over at **********.com or 350zmotoring.com.

3. I'm sure there's somebody in this category. You may want to get to ATCO early and see who's going to be racing and try to line up with someone.

Here's some information that may help you that's posted on the meet's website:

* For those who wish to run your car down the track, an approved DOT helmet is required to be worn, track rules, no exceptions. If you do not have an approved helmet, they can be rented for $ 3.00.

Anyone can run their car down the track providing you register and pay the fee. If you have never run a car down a track and want to see what your stock car or your modified pride and joy will do in a quarter mile run in speed and time that's ok. This is one of the reasons we are at Atco for the day. If you have joined us for the day and are not in a G or Z, that is ok also.

Two additional requirements. You need to be on the "Roll Call" to run down the lane. Again send us an email via this website. If you are already on the roll call and want to run down the drag strip please contact us via email with the following information. In the subject line put DRAG STRIP. In the body of the email Your screen name, your real name and the car you plan run the track with, an email address that we can get back to you if there are changes.

At this point and time, ATCO has not capped us with a car limit and runs. If they do cap us we need to keep it under control via the emails.

A separate "staging lane" has been set up for the G and Z groups use only in the staging lane area next to the pit lot.

Please check www.4phun.com for updates.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:45 AM
sixfive

Thanks for the help. I need to remember my ninja days hemlut. Better start looking. Sound like the best way to race may be to pay the $25 and get into the contest - that could take up a big part of the day!
Old 04-09-2004, 11:48 AM
notlownf

Originally posted by sixfive
Thanks for the help. I need to remember my ninja days hemlut. Better start looking. Sound like the best way to race may be to pay the $25 and get into the contest - that could take up a big part of the day!
I believe the thing Daking350 is doing is on top of the track fees. You would still have to pay the $5 to the track to run as Daking has no association with the track. So if you don't care about the contest then you can pay $5 and race all day.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:54 PM
phenolic

Default CARAVAN FROM CONNECTICUT

Can anyone offer any more details about when the caravan to ATCO leaves from Stamford - and from where in Stamford?

Also, out of curiosity, where is the starting point for it?
Old 04-13-2004, 02:05 AM
supirio

Default CARAVAN FROM NORTH EAST PHILLY?

Anyone interested in riding up together (North east philly) to Atco? We could meet at Neshaminy Mall, its 30 seconds from the PA Turnpike entrance, PM me if your going and from the area
Old 04-13-2004, 03:13 AM
vics350

Default Re: CARAVAN FROM CONNECTICUT

Originally posted by phenolic
Can anyone offer any more details about when the caravan to ATCO leaves from Stamford - and from where in Stamford?

Also, out of curiosity, where is the starting point for it?
We're starting in Cromwell at 6:00 AM. We'll be leaving there by 6:15 AM.

Our next stop is the rest stop after Exit 10 on Route 95 South in Stamford. Our goal is to get there around 7:15 AM and leave around 7:30 AM.

I have you on our list as meeting us in Stamford. Gerald emailed me your cell number so I'll call you once we leave Cromwell.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:53 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Default Re: CARAVAN FROM NORTH EAST PHILLY?

Originally posted by supirio
Anyone interested in riding up together (North east philly) to Atco? We could meet at Neshaminy Mall, its 30 seconds from the PA Turnpike entrance, PM me if your going and from the area
There will be a caravan driving up from Philly to ATCO early Sunday morning. I shall post the details later this evening; you could also PM me with your email addy and I shall keep you updated.

Gerald
Old 04-13-2004, 06:16 AM
Chadhatesu

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Not worried at all!!!!

[B]I'll try to answer your questions as best I can as I am not that familiar with drag racing at ATCO. If someone knows better and can chime in as well that would be great.

2. There aren't really any organized competitions. The ATCO fee to race is $5.00. You must pay for this to race. You also need to have a helmet or pay $3.00 to rent one. This is separate from the entrance fee of $12.00/person.
Not any organized competition, but there will be others besides us, and it's usually crowded on sundays if the weather is nice.

"Sun April 25 9am * Bikes/Junior Dragsters/T & T " test and tune

And the entry fee is $8.00 per person $12.00 to race, I've never rented a helmet so you might be right about the helmet rental. I go to atco 2 or 3 times a month and that's what they charge during street nights, tuesday, thursday and friday. Could be more more on test and tune days, but i don't see why.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:16 AM
notlownf

Default Re: CARAVAN FROM NORTH EAST PHILLY?

Are you going to the ECZA meet the day before Atco? I know a bunch of cars from that meet are going to Atco.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:53 AM
supirio

Default Anyone going with Kinetix Package?

If you have the Kinetix package (plenum/cats) or either or please PM me so we can meet up at atco.

I'd also love to see anyone that has nitrous installed and talk to them if you are a little knowledgable about it, PM me if you have kinetix or nitrous thanks
Old 04-14-2004, 10:24 AM
vics350

Default Re: Anyone going with Kinetix Package?

If you have the Kinetix package (plenum/cats) or either or please PM me so we can meet up at atco.

I'd also love to see anyone that has nitrous installed and talk to them if you are a little knowledgable about it, PM me if you have kinetix or nitrous thanks
This is exactly why we are asking everyone to fill out a Modifications Sheet which we will put on everyone's dashboard so that people can walk around and see what people have on their car and stop and talk to them if they have something you are interested in.

We will have sheets at ATCO, but if everyone would fill it out beforehand and bring it with them it would make things much easier.

Here's the link:
http://www.4phun.com/Registration/DataSheet.htm
Old 04-14-2004, 10:27 AM
vics350

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Not worried at all!!!!

Originally posted by Chadhatesu
Not any organized competition, but there will be others besides us, and it's usually crowded on sundays if the weather is nice.

"Sun April 25 9am * Bikes/Junior Dragsters/T & T " test and tune

And the entry fee is $8.00 per person $12.00 to race, I've never rented a helmet so you might be right about the helmet rental. I go to atco 2 or 3 times a month and that's what they charge during street nights, tuesday, thursday and friday. Could be more more on test and tune days, but i don't see why.
Don't know where you got your prices but we just checked with ATCO and they told us that the normal price for Sunday would be $27.00 if you plan to race and $13.00 for spectators.

For our group it's $ 17.00 to race and $ 12.00 for spectators. Everyone needs to let them know they are with our group to get these prices.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:03 AM
SixRB6

Default Re: Re: Anyone going with Kinetix Package?

This is exactly why we are asking everyone to fill out a Modifications Sheet which we will put on everyone's dashboard so that people can walk around and see what people have on their car and stop and talk to them if they have something you are interested in.

We will have sheets at ATCO, but if everyone would fill it out beforehand and bring it with them it would make things much easier.

Here's the link:
http://www.4phun.com/Registration/DataSheet.htm
Vic do you need this sheet sent anywhere?? or e-mail it to you?
Old 04-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Chadhatesu

vics350...I got my prices from actually racing at atco many times over the years, but like i said ..."that's what they charge during street nights, tuesday, thursday and friday. Could be more more on test and tune days, but i don't see why." I have never run on sunday or saturday for test and tune. i was just assuming it would be the same, now I know, thanks for clearing it up....you know what they say about assuming
Old 04-14-2004, 12:32 PM
vics350

Default Re: Re: Re: Anyone going with Kinetix Package?

Originally posted by SixRB6
Vic do you need this sheet sent anywhere?? or e-mail it to you?
Nope, just bring it with you and enjoy showing off your car.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:33 PM
vics350

Originally posted by Chadhatesu
vics350...I got my prices from actually racing at atco many times over the years, but like i said ..."that's what they charge during street nights, tuesday, thursday and friday. Could be more more on test and tune days, but i don't see why." I have never run on sunday or saturday for test and tune. i was just assuming it would be the same, now I know, thanks for clearing it up....you know what they say about assuming

No problem. Yeah, from what I heard the prices are much less for weekdays so we're getting a good deal for that Sunday.

See you there.
Vic

Quick Reply: Meet at Atco raceway April 25th