Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Barter for service or parts

Old 07-10-2019, 07:10 PM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Barter for service or parts

HI guys. I want to dress up my engine bay a bit and replace the radiator and cooling hoses with a set of mishimoto. I understand that in order to do this I have to bleed out the coolant and after the new hoses are installed I refill the coolant that I would need to "burp" the system. I've never done that before and would prefer to do it with someone that has. If anyone is interested in helping me out I can either offer up some stock parts which are almost all in like new condition, you choose, or I can give your car a good wash and apply a sealant. I used to be a semi-pro detailer back when i was in college and maintain my own cars to this day. The stock parts from my 2005 350z Enthusiast 6spd that I have available are:

- stock sway bars
- stock springs
- stock front tower/strut bar
- stock rear tail lamps
- also have an aftermarket Pioneer Premier head unit. I'll get the part number later on today. It works perfect with apple and android phones,, has a touch screen, plays DVDs, and has navigation. I replaced it a few months back with a newer unit that offered car play.

or, like I said, I can give you car a nice exterior wash consisting of:
- foam pre-rinse
-chemical decontamination, i.e. Iron-X or similar
- rinse
- clay bar (mechanical decontamination
- citrus wash
- dry
- apply sealant to paint and trim

I would hope you would be willing to jump in and help with this process as you would learn a lot about proper wash techniques and maintaining. This does not include any paint correction, swirl removal, etc..

Although, my preference is that you take some of the stock parts off my hands so I can clean out my garage.

If anyone is interested please let me know. All I ask is that you are experienced, are willing to come to my home to do this (off Rt 78 in NJ about 25 min outside of NYC), and that we can do it before the end of August as I am doing it to dress up the engine a bit for an upcoming car show. Drinks and food will be provided . I have a big driveway and a two car garage as well. If you have a race jack that would be ideal as my car is lowered, otherwise I can get one. If you want to see some of my detailing work I can either email you pics or you can look up ntwillie1 on autogeek.net forums (Toyota Tacoma TRD, Subaru Forrester, CLS 550, AMG 43, 350Z, Chevy Traverse, etc... - mostly family and friends cars). I'd link you to my website but I haven't updated it in about 10 years and I've gotten much better since then. Thanks for reading and PM me if interested.

W