Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

June 19th, Jones Beach

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Shris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default June 19th, Jones Beach

The BMW guys are having a meet on June 19th. a really cool bunch of guys (at least the ones i've met and talked to, which are quite a few) i figured, i'd turn this into a joint meet with the 3000GT guys... and the NY/LI supra guys (they're really cool, don't worry )

Originally Posted on Bimmerforums.com
This should be like a bling bling 1st summer meet. We can all meet at the macy's parking lot like always and then drive down to jones beach to this free huge lot. The meet will be at 2PM.

here are directions to the mall.
Roosevelt Field is located at the intersection of Old Country Road and Meadowbrook Parkway in Garden City, NY.
Phone: (516) 742-8000

that is where they're meeting. we can either meet there, or somewhere else and just caravan to the parking lot that they're meeting at near Jones Beach... Oak Beach.

"the bigger parking lot is in Oak Beach. Its where the Oak Beach Inn used to be. Now its a nice parking lot for all types of car meets. Def a good place to meet. They have pleanty of parking there."

Let me know if you're interested, and we can pick a place to meet and all drive over together, or whatever you guys decide you want to do

Link to thread on Bimmerforums.com

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/foru...t=212979&page=1

Link to thread on Supraforums.com

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...463#post1938463

I will be working as ussual, but I get out at 8 and I'll be around then.

Old 06-07-2004, 06:15 PM
b3n84

Default Re: June 19th, Jones Beach

I'm definitely up for attending. I'm assuming that us G35's are invited. =) Perhaps you should post something in g35driver.com? A lot of enthusastic NYers over there. And, by the way, are you sure the lot will be free? Most Jones Beach lots now charge an $8 parking fee, and I went to an prelude/RSX meet that got cancelled because no one knew that Jones Beach started charging for parking.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:29 PM
ATI 350z

Default Re: Re: June 19th, Jones Beach

Originally posted by b3n84
I'm definitely up for attending. I'm assuming that us G35's are invited. =) Perhaps you should post something in g35driver.com? A lot of enthusastic NYers over there. And, by the way, are you sure the lot will be free? Most Jones Beach lots now charge an $8 parking fee, and I went to an prelude/RSX meet that got cancelled because no one knew that Jones Beach started charging for parking.
thats good for me I'll be there ,where?
Attached Thumbnails June 19th, Jones Beach-cars-003.jpg  
Old 06-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm down
Old 06-09-2004, 04:58 AM
k20em2

So everyone is going to meet at macy's parking lot @2:00?
I should be able to make this one.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:14 PM
b3n84

If anyone wants to meet up in Queens. I'll be driving up with a bunch of G35s to the Mall from Cunningham Park @ 1:20 pm.

DIRECTIONS to CUNNINGHAM PARK Inner Lot

The lot we are going to sits west of Francis Lewis Blvd. between the Grand Central Parkway and Union Turnpike.

From the Grand Central Parkway

Get off at the Francis Lewis Blvd. exit North bound. The exit is east of the the gas station on the GCP and west of the Clearview Expressway.

Take Francis Lewis Blvd. (north) stay in right lane, about a quarter mile and on the right side there will be a small green sign which will say PARK Road CLOSES.......

Take that entrance on the right. If you got to Union Turnpike you went too far. Do a Uwie.

The road is two lanes that winds a little passing underneath Francis Lewis Blvd. When you get to the "T" in the road, go left.

Go past the parking lot on the left, when you get to the end, there will be a sign 'Do Not Enter' but on the right side there will be an entrance to a parking lot with picnic tables around it, turn right into the lot.

U R THERE

From the Clearview Expressway

Get off at the Union Turnpike exit. Take Union Turnpike Westbound (towards the city).

Stay in left lane westbound on Union Turnpike and make a left turn at the the first light and intersection which is Francis Lewis Blvd.

Stay in right lane and take the first entrance on the right side.

Stay on road till the end. Parking lot is on the right side.

U ARE THERE

Anyone needs my cell # Private Message me.