Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

AutoX Practice Day - 8/6/05

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 11:16 AM
MadMax76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Street tires only sounds good to me.

DrVolkl, could you elaborate on swaybars difference? What feels different? How is the car better? etc.

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:45 AM
DrVolkl

Originally Posted by MadMax76
Street tires only sounds good to me.

DrVolkl, could you elaborate on swaybars difference? What feels different? How is the car better? etc.

Thanks!
It feels like someone stiffened up the chasis of my car 150%. The car doesn't really roll when I charge into turns....I can feel the tires just gripping. I'm looking forward to testing it at the AutoX.

It really tightens things up...feels very sporty, especially with my springs.
I highly reccomend this mod...a must do in my opinion.

Talk to Brian about install difficulty...he has it down to a science. We really didn't run into any major problems.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:25 PM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man.... don't ban my Hoosiers.... that's the only think I got going for me. My car is so stock it's not even funny.

1st thing's 1st; we should sort of gauage the interest in doing something like this. The possibilities of 'to indexing' or not 'to index' is sort of depending to the amount of competitors we have. If we only have a few; 5 or so then we should consider indexing. However if we have something like 20+, then perhaps what we can do is a team format, like Lateapex mentioned, where we can compensate for modifications and skills by balancing the teams appropriately. No indexing, a truly RWYB competition. Plus the added social aspect that comes w/ being a part of a team and like in the case of Rahtok and DrVolkl, team members can assist others so that the team can be stronger as a whole than each person is individually.

My guess is that we are probably limited to autox and drag runs since HPDE's can't be timed (or can they?)
Old 08-03-2005, 12:27 PM
BA Cutler

Street tires... there are some awfully big street on someone's car... I won't mention any names. But hey, I'm up for Street tires.

BC
Old 08-03-2005, 02:00 PM
DrVolkl

Originally Posted by drivesolo
Oh man.... don't ban my Hoosiers.... that's the only think I got going for me. My car is so stock it's not even funny.

1st thing's 1st; we should sort of gauage the interest in doing something like this. The possibilities of 'to indexing' or not 'to index' is sort of depending to the amount of competitors we have. If we only have a few; 5 or so then we should consider indexing. However if we have something like 20+, then perhaps what we can do is a team format, like Lateapex mentioned, where we can compensate for modifications and skills by balancing the teams appropriately. No indexing, a truly RWYB competition. Plus the added social aspect that comes w/ being a part of a team and like in the case of Rahtok and DrVolkl, team members can assist others so that the team can be stronger as a whole than each person is individually.

My guess is that we are probably limited to autox and drag runs since HPDE's can't be timed (or can they?)

Sounds like fun for me. I'm interested for sure...we can figure out the logistics later once we get the people together. Should we make our own NW 350Z club?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:31 PM
MadMax76

DrVolkl for President!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:33 PM
DrVolkl

lol. Tempting...but no thanks! I'd rather be an anonymous member.

So are we meeting up at the 112th St. Park n Ride Sat. Morning?

so far I think:
Rahtok
Triple8
Me

are going for sure....anyone else want to meet there say 8-8:30?
Old 08-03-2005, 05:19 PM
drivesolo

A club??? I think we would be more or less a league of some kind. I guess what we are talking about is putting together some type of challenge open to all local 350Z's interested in competing.

As far as the rules for this challenge; I think it would be best to be left to the guys w/ the most racing experience here. What we can do for the time being is to keep discussing and tossing out ideas. It may be too late in the season to organize any type of formal competition, but it would at least be possible to figure out who is interested so we can organize ourselves for next year.

BTW, I second MadMax76's nomination; DrVolkl for president!

I'd meet up w/ you guys at the Park-n-Ride, but as usual, I have to be up in Evt early (8:30AM) to swap tires and get stuff started. I'll zee you guys up there.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:45 PM
drivesolo

What about Time Trials as an option? I've never done it before but I'm interested in giving it a shot.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:49 AM
BA Cutler

Whoa, that's scary... I was thinking the same thing. They just had the first "Club Trials" event a couple of weeks ago. Club Trials is a road course and keep track of top times is how they score... just like Solo. There you have it... Solo, Test n' Tune and Club Trials.

BC
Old 08-04-2005, 11:47 AM
drivesolo

A NW 350Z Tri-athalon? I like it!

Think it's possible to get this done sometime this year?
Old 08-04-2005, 05:39 PM
ALong

If you do a roadcourse challenge I am up to it, have a bunch of slightly used race tires left over from this season that would work well.....
Old 08-04-2005, 07:58 PM
PDX_Racer

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ALong
If you do a roadcourse challenge I am up to it, have a bunch of slightly used race tires left over from this season that would work well.....
Yeah, I'm sure you do!

I don't think that my stock Z would keep up with your T2 Z...
Old 08-05-2005, 10:38 AM
DrVolkl

Anyone who wants to caravan up, meet at the 112th Street Park n Ride at 8:30am (I-405 just south if the I90). That will get us up to the Boeing lot at 9am...should give us plenty of time to help out and get our cars ready.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Rahtok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just talked to Tom (Cryptic) and he's going, as am I. I think Tom has a friend that's interested as well (with a wrx). Tom and I will meet Eric (and anyone else who's interested) at 8:30 at the regular park and ride. Tom's friend is going to be in Bellevue just after that and we'll pick him up there and off we go.

BTW, the PDX track is AWESOME! My RA-1s took quite a beating there yesterday (as did I -- I'm still sore), but WOW does R compound make a diff. See y'all tomorrow.

Also, all this talk about RWYB (Check out the new Acronym -- I'm glad I thought of it instead of some other guys, especially guys that have names like Mark and stuff ;P) sounds like fun.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:17 PM
DrVolkl

So how did the Z do on the track?? Have any times?? etc etc?
Old 08-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Rahtok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these are all not timed stuff... however, let's say that the elise on street tires wasn't running away in the corners!
Old 08-05-2005, 08:46 PM
drivesolo

R-compound is addictive ain't it? You'll never wanna go back to running on street tires again. In fact, give it a try tommorrow just to feel the difference; run on the RA-1's and then switch to your street tires. Street tires will feel so terrible it'll make you wanna puke. Street tires... damn... how do people drive on those things? Tommorrow's gonna be pretty interesting. A couple of 350Z's on R-compound on a wide open course will make for some impressive times.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Orange Z's are so

lol...see u guys tomorrow....
Old 08-06-2005, 05:55 AM
ALong

Wink

Originally Posted by PDX_Racer
I don't think that my stock Z would keep up with your T2 Z...
Hey my car's stock just has a fancy rollcage in it....

Quick Reply: AutoX Practice Day - 8/6/05