Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Portland Touchless Carwash Locations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 01:09 PM
halitosis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portland Touchless Carwash Locations?

I know of a "touchless" automatic carwash in Beaverton (near the Bvtn mall) but I live downtown so that drive's a hassle. Does anyone know where there may be more touchless carwashes in the Portland area?

Touchless - not brushes. It's got it's fair share of supposed issues but touchless seems to be universally better than brush car wash and I've had great luck at the Bvtn location. Just need something closer...

Greg
Old 04-07-2006, 06:56 PM
pedroosan

Sorry don't know anything.

But would you mind posting more specific directions to the beaverton one (cedar hills blvd? or washington square?)

I never got a car wash with the Z yet, but it's time and I have no clue which places are good and which aren't.
I would have simply assumed that I can go to any place and just need to unscrew the antenna?

Any advice greatly appreciated, don't want to get nasty surprises.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2006, 09:21 PM
halitosis

If you think about it, a brushed auto-car wash recycles the dirts on the bristels/pads from one car to the next. That sucks!

I would only use touchless but I hear that even touchless ranges from safe to shady. If the pressure is too much, it could strip the clearcoat. Some places use harsh detergents and ammonia based solvents to keep it from streaking. That's obviously bad.

I haven't found this to be the case with the car wash on sw cedar hills and hall blvd. It's on the south side of the intersection down from GI Joes in Bvtn. I can't recall the name but it's completed automated and the drying system is great. 5 turbine fans blow at 200 mph, at least. I haven't noticed adverse affects on the paint but then again I try to hand wash with microfiber mitts and only use the auto-wash once in a while. I do wax to, so that probably helps. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:07 AM
pedroosan

Thanks!

I just came across something on the web, not sure how expensive, but maybe of interest to you:
http://www.autobellausa.com
Old 04-08-2006, 09:41 PM
rolling

theres a place in west lynn also dont know the name tho..

ive used the cedar hills one also when i lived out there .. works well i thought
7$ ish back then