Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Window tinting in Wa.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006 | 10:30 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by Ruining
That's exactly what I was thinking. He's the only place in town and he'll refuse the job if he doesn't want to do it. I could open my own tint shop and make tons just by offering better customer service. Not to mention his crazy prices.
there are cheaper places to get tinting done, and its with Llumar film. i'm going to check out his place after work to see if they do a good job. if so, i'll see if he can do a group rate. its out near Alderwood Mall.

PM me if ur interested.
Old 09-22-2006 | 05:09 AM
Ruining

Well, I'm already set for 180 in oly because I'm meeting with my sister to hang out until it's done. I'm just responding because I was quoted, but I'd like to know what the deal is with Llumar film. Haven't heard of it. Let us know what you find!
Old 09-22-2006 | 07:41 AM
dkorr

Well, I'm already set for 180 in oly because I'm meeting with my sister to hang out until it's done. I'm just responding because I was quoted, but I'd like to know what the deal is with Llumar film. Haven't heard of it. Let us know what you find!
i'm getting mine tinted at 20% all around (Llumar/Suntek) for less than $180 incl tax. that includes warranty on parts and labour. he also does clearbra for a very competitive price (lowest in Seattle are) but unfortunately i've already had mine done.

Llumar and Suntek are the best films out there. they're thicker than the competitors. Llumar is more expensive because of they claim to have better quality. but i talked to various tinters that carry both and they say they're both comparable. its all marketing. whatever u choose just dont get the metallic tint because they deflect radar/infrared signals. you're radar detector wont work.
Old 09-22-2006 | 10:32 AM
efx

Originally Posted by dkorr
i'm getting mine tinted at 20% all around (Llumar/Suntek) for less than $180 incl tax. that includes warranty on parts and labour. he also does clearbra for a very competitive price (lowest in Seattle are) but unfortunately i've already had mine done.

Llumar and Suntek are the best films out there. they're thicker than the competitors. Llumar is more expensive because of they claim to have better quality. but i talked to various tinters that carry both and they say they're both comparable. its all marketing. whatever u choose just dont get the metallic tint because they deflect radar/infrared signals. you're radar detector wont work.

LOL!! First you wanted 35%... now you wanted 20 (biter ) lol Show pictures when you get it done. I don't know the difference of tint film quality. They all look the same to me
Old 09-22-2006 | 10:59 AM
dkorr

ok. so efx and i got our tints done this weekend from the same guy.

brand- Suntek
cost- $140
tint- 20%
location- near Alderwood Mall
time- 2hrs

Last edited by dkorr; 09-24-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-22-2006 | 11:12 AM
SweetDreamZ

I started by getting 15% on everything but the windshield. Everyone told me that it'd be so dark...but honestly, it looks great, and i can see out of it fine. Even at night and in rain. IMO...what sets it off is finding someone to do the windshield as well. I was nervous that this would make it too dark...but, i still see fine at night. I got 30% done on the windshield, and 15% all around. gives the car a great look. Makes the windshield ALWAYs look REALLY clean b/c it looks really reflective. I'd go for that route...looks great...

by the way....pricing was $140 sides/rear and $55 Windshield. This was Llumar w/ lifetime guarantee against fading/peeling.
Old 09-22-2006 | 11:43 AM
efx

this is how its gonna look like tomorrow. 20% vs 35% is a big difference.

lol I know it's a big difference, but why did you change your mind is the REAL question.
Old 09-22-2006 | 11:44 AM
efx

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
I started by getting 15% on everything but the windshield. Everyone told me that it'd be so dark...but honestly, it looks great, and i can see out of it fine. Even at night and in rain. IMO...what sets it off is finding someone to do the windshield as well. I was nervous that this would make it too dark...but, i still see fine at night. I got 30% done on the windshield, and 15% all around. gives the car a great look. Makes the windshield ALWAYs look REALLY clean b/c it looks really reflective. I'd go for that route...looks great...

by the way....pricing was $140 sides/rear and $55 Windshield. This was Llumar w/ lifetime guarantee against fading/peeling.

Pictures would be nice. Also, why tint the windshield? Plus, where did you get yours done? Seems like a good price.
Old 09-22-2006 | 11:53 AM
dkorr

^^^ as requested, pics above

Last edited by dkorr; 09-24-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-24-2006 | 07:14 PM
efx

Thanks dkorr for hooking a brotha up. That guy did a good job for the price!

*resized for your convenience.
(I have the original size if needed)

Last edited by efx; 09-25-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2006 | 07:21 PM
dkorr

DAMN that's a large jpeg.

Last edited by dkorr; 09-24-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2006 | 08:26 PM
efx

because I host my own pics
Old 09-25-2006 | 04:30 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by efx
Pictures would be nice. Also, why tint the windshield? Plus, where did you get yours done? Seems like a good price.

I took some pictures a few days ago w/ my new hood...i think they are the first pictures i've taken since I got the windshield tinted as well...I'll post them this week sometime.

There were a few reasons I got the windshield done. 1st, When I dropped my car off to get my windows done, I saw their cars which had it done and thought it looked great. 2nd, it darkens up the side tint a little bit more. 3rd, it gives less of a contrast between the side windows and the front. Since the 15% is illegal here in indiana, I didn't want that large contrast to be a dead giveaway. Now, it almost looks like it's just got light tint on it...but since the inside is dark and the windows are small, it just looks dark. I've had it for a few months now, and haven't been harassed once on it. Which surprised me because, we now have cops dedicated to standing on corners and radio'ing ahead which cars to pull over for not wearing seatbelts or running red lights, etc. Anyways, I'll have pics up later this week. Gotta get 'em from my buddy who took 'em.

Austin
Old 09-25-2006 | 07:39 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
I took some pictures a few days ago w/ my new hood...i think they are the first pictures i've taken since I got the windshield tinted as well...I'll post them this week sometime.

There were a few reasons I got the windshield done. 1st, When I dropped my car off to get my windows done, I saw their cars which had it done and thought it looked great. 2nd, it darkens up the side tint a little bit more. 3rd, it gives less of a contrast between the side windows and the front. Since the 15% is illegal here in indiana, I didn't want that large contrast to be a dead giveaway. Now, it almost looks like it's just got light tint on it...but since the inside is dark and the windows are small, it just looks dark. I've had it for a few months now, and haven't been harassed once on it. Which surprised me because, we now have cops dedicated to standing on corners and radio'ing ahead which cars to pull over for not wearing seatbelts or running red lights, etc. Anyways, I'll have pics up later this week. Gotta get 'em from my buddy who took 'em.

Austin
i think you're in the wrong Region.
Old 09-25-2006 | 08:55 AM
efx

Old 09-25-2006 | 09:30 AM
SweetDreamZ

Yeah, i knew i wasn't close to you all...just figured i'd give my thoughts on what looks good...since you're already tinting your windows. Never claimed to be local!
Old 09-25-2006 | 09:55 AM
skidmarq

Ah, we're all Z brothers anyway
Old 09-25-2006 | 10:22 AM
efx

ok. so efx and i got our tints done this weekend from the same guy.

brand- Suntek
cost- $140
tint- 20%
location- near Alderwood Mall
time- 2hrs

20% looks classy imo. I was going to go with 15% but its soo damn dark. Id get it if I was younger and if I had 20/20 vision. Im near sighted so I really can't see too well.

by the way dkorr, did those streaks on your passenger side ever come off? I think those are scratches man. I don't have any scratches on any window. The hatch looks pretty good too.
Old 09-25-2006 | 01:53 PM
Ruining

Well, I just got back from getting the windows done. I went with 15% and it looks great. I'm suprised with how much you can see through in the sunlight, though. I thought it would be way darker. I'm a little disappointed, but in the shade, it looks tight. If mine is 15, dkorr's pics look like about 5%. I think that's more what I wanted. Oh well. It's going to be getting darker soon, and I won't have to worry about the trick-or-treaters running around the neighborhood in the rain this year. Maybe later I'll go darker.

Thanks for all the input, guys!
Old 09-25-2006 | 02:20 PM
dkorr

Well, I just got back from getting the windows done. I went with 15% and it looks great. I'm suprised with how much you can see through in the sunlight, though. I thought it would be way darker. I'm a little disappointed, but in the shade, it looks tight. If mine is 15, dkorr's pics look like about 5%. I think that's more what I wanted. Oh well. It's going to be getting darker soon, and I won't have to worry about the trick-or-treaters running around the neighborhood in the rain this year. Maybe later I'll go darker.

Thanks for all the input, guys!
mine's 20%. anything lower than 15% and you're getting into Limo territory. the cops are gonna have a field day with you. 15% is already pretty dark for sides. why not make 5% rear, 15% sides. any darker and u'll be better off just painting ur windows with black paint.

btw the photos were NOT altered in any way, except for cropping.

Quick Reply: Window tinting in Wa.