Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Thinking of moving to Issaquah/Redmond from Silverdale

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 06:08 PM
travs_z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of moving to Issaquah/Redmond from Silverdale

Hi. I met some of you guys here in Seattle/Issaquah at the last 350Z get together at the park/brewery meet. I need some advice. I am thinking of leaving my consulting firm and going to work for Microsoft. Since I live in Silverdale, I am not too familiar with the eastside of Seattle at all.

I have a couple coworkers who jumped ship to work at MS as well and they love it, and they have pretty much convinced me too. Any advice on where to live to avoid commuting nightmares? I am not crazy about dodging all of the anti-war protestors over there, but the Ferry prices are becoming OUTRAGEOUS! Thanks for any advice guys!
Old 03-23-2003, 06:41 PM
tanakaZ

I'm in Woodinville (Kirkland, Kingsgate area) and the commute to the main campus never takes more than 15 minutes no matter what time of day.

Since moving here to the Seattle area I've lived all around the area, but always commuting to MS. From Renton, Issaquah, Duvall, and now Woodinville. Commute was the worst from Renton. The easiest is from Woodinville. If I was to look for a place on the eastside and worried about the commute to the main campus, I would look east of 405, north of 90, and south of 522. Just my .02 cents.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:06 PM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Hi travs_z

Hey travs_z, I met you briefly at golden gardens, I am the blond gal with the CS Z with the frost interior. We would welcome another Z to the eastside...I work in woodinville....tanakaZ is right about the commute.....you will soon become acquainted with dixies BBQ as well. There are alot of microsoft folks that come to the dental office I work at. It was really nice to meet you, I am sorry I couldn't make the pub, maybe next time. Remember that rent etc is more spendy on the eastside. Good luck, hope to see you again soon. Gotta love that DB Z. Marcy
Old 03-25-2003, 11:26 PM
Jason

Hey Travis! Glad to hear your thinking of moving this way.

I've lived in Redmond, Sammamish, Bellevue, and finally purchased a house in Issaquah.

Personally, the areas that have the easiest commute and best "feel" around here, in my opinion, are Redmond and Issaquah. They both also have "things to do."

I didn't like living in Bellevue the slightest bit

My morning drive is usually right around 20 minutes, although I usually opt for the slightly longer, nicer, and more tranquil drive down 202.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Microsoft is building a new campus, planned to be similar in size to the main campus, in Issaquah.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:18 PM
travs_z

Thanks for the input guys and gals! I am really leaning towards Issaquah myself. The folks I know who work at MS, work in Issaquah, so hopefully I can land a position there. Looks like I may have to put this move on hold for a little while as I am in the Air National Guard, and it looks like I may be getting orders here soon.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:39 AM
Jason

Awesome. I'll buy you a beer when you move here