Devil Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When do you wanna get it done?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:46 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Soccerprep205
Yeah you can powdercoat them! if you would like to see some of my work id be happy to help you out. it also depends on what finish you want. generally you will need 1-2 days for drying time. just let me know. Ive been known to do rims for Materials+lunch and im buying a new paint kit seeing how SOMEBODY STOLE mine... haha (actually its not funny) a forums member stole my paint setup. new address new phone no longer on the boards etc.

just lemme know.

also. im redoing my wheels on the vette so i will be devoting a dat or 2 to rims, using my new paint setup not sure when...

Example of rims i did

PC stocks...

and i do calipers as well

for more cars ive done just ask

OHHHH and FYI those rims are DIRRRRTY, forgot to wash them WITH the car... lol i also need to paint the CORVETTE letting on my calipers black.... so i could really use somebody that will want to spend a day working on cars...
Wow! Awesome bro can you add gloss to that? I'd be interested in doing a glossy gunmetal/black with blue lip like what Erick photoshop. I'd be willing to detail your car while you work on the rims and of course lunch on me + photoshoot of our rides
Old 04-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Soccerprep205

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Wow! Awesome bro can you add gloss to that? I'd be interested in doing a glossy gunmetal/black with blue lip like what Erick photoshop. I'd be willing to detail your car while you work on the rims and of course lunch on me + photoshoot of our rides
sounds like a plan to me. If you are looking for a basic blue.. then it will be cheap, but if you are looking for a more expensive blue then its going to be costly. i have NO idea how much a shop would charge you to do your rims black with a factory flaked color matched rim. somewhere around 1000+ is my guess. the paint and materials ALONE for it would be roughly 300-400.

1 pint of black paint+1 pint of DB. (a pint is the smallest amount that they will mix for you.)+ clear coat etc. im going to be redoing my rims so yeah whenever your ready i am too. im going to go buy another paint set (roughly 1200... haha) in the next few days hopefully.
just pick some dates and throw them at me and we will work something out. PMed you my #

EDIT you will have extra black paint for touchup AND PLENTYYYYYYY extra blue paint for other things like calipers or engine
EX: Letters, covers etc
Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Soccerprep205
sounds like a plan to me. If you are looking for a basic blue.. then it will be cheap, but if you are looking for a more expensive blue then its going to be costly. i have NO idea how much a shop would charge you to do your rims black with a factory flaked color matched rim. somewhere around 1000+ is my guess. the paint and materials ALONE for it would be roughly 300-400.

1 pint of black paint+1 pint of DB. (a pint is the smallest amount that they will mix for you.)+ clear coat etc. im going to be redoing my rims so yeah whenever your ready i am too. im going to go buy another paint set (roughly 1200... haha) in the next few days hopefully.
just pick some dates and throw them at me and we will work something out. PMed you my #

EDIT you will have extra black paint for touchup AND PLENTYYYYYYY extra blue paint for other things like calipers or engine
EX: Letters, covers etc
sweet =) thanks bro I'll call you tomorrow night. Let's make it work =) Do you know how much the cost for a pint of paint is going to be?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Soccerprep205

well my paint from wesco was like $220 i think... cant remember (thats w/o clearcoat) but i'll go 1/2 in with u on some. and i still have plenty of reducer as well. black paint should be cheaper. its the blue lip thats going to cost alot. but a pint is a TON when it comes to painting a lip and some engine parts. i used like 1/10000th of the can when doing the lip, haha (more like 1/10th

just lemme know what you want to do and how far you want to take the wheels.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 PM
redlude97

I'm lost, soccerprep, are you powdercoating the stuff or painting it? I thought the engine covers were plastic
Old 04-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

I really like that black w/the blue stripe!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Soccerprep205

Originally Posted by redlude97
I'm lost, soccerprep, are you powdercoating the stuff or painting it? I thought the engine covers were plastic
its not a real powdercoat, i guess its more of a paint. But it is baked on hott with a flame as well as the PC is. the trick is to not let it bubble with heat, or burn. but bond the chemicals.