North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Calling all Z's from Seattle!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 05:45 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Devil Z
That's cuz Eric is a smart cookie and the KDW2's > T1R's.
Eh...this thread isn't to bash Toyos you don't even have them so two things for you....stfu & gtfo
Old 06-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Devil Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Eh...this thread isn't to bash Toyos you don't even have them so two things for you....stfu & gtfo
I don't need them LOL.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:50 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

I don't need them LOL.
lol yeah because it's better to run

BFG G-Force KDW2's
275/35R18 fronts
285/40R18 rears

Because....

I figured staggered will look better with my specific bodykit.

---
Hey you asked for it All jokes aside no bashing Toyos in this thread please - Back on topic whose else running Toyos and signing up for this?
Old 06-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Devil Z

They do look better.

BTW my car is lowered now . . . . LOL. Still no rubbing. Still no negative camber.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:57 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

They do look better.

BTW my car is lowered now . . . . LOL. Still no rubbing. Still no negative camber.
haha I'm just saying it's not the correct sizes, there have been plenty of discussions and with 18" you should be rolling 40 front and back. But whatever you like, it's your ride man. Btw any pics of the drop? How much did you end up dropping it. You were really low with that kit already but just slam it! It'll so sick Balllin'!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:18 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

my out of state vote goes for alvin if he can go i know he posted but his car is sexy ok back 2 the east side
Old 06-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

People who haven't tried different types of tires really have NO place to state anything as fact. Reading reviews on Tire Rack and opinions on forums really only tell you so much. I've tried tires like: Toyo T1-S, T1R, Bridgestone S-03, RE050, RE050A runflats, Nitto 555, BFG KDW, KDW2, RE92, Avon M500, Tech-R, Dunlop SP9000, etc... I believe I know a thing or two, so you'll see me stating my opinions as facts. You need real world experience when it comes to tires. I don't mean to sound condescending, but it's the truth. Anyhow...back on topic...

Andy: Here's my submission for your consideration. These pics aren't 100% accurate, since there are some things that changed recently, or may be changing soon. It's a constant metamorphosis.

I'm running Cheston's old Tein Flex/EDFC setup (the one you packaged up, lol) and am playing with the height. Also, I'm now rocking an Invidia G200 exhaust so the tips don't stick out so much! I'm actively looking to downgrade from the 20" PIAA SuperRozzas I've got now to some 19's, so I can run fatter tires. Doubt I'll have anything new by the time Formula D rolls around in 3 weeks, but you never know. Last but not least, I've been running the Stillen Stage 4 S/C for less than a year, but have an upgraded Vortech kit sitting in the garage. With any luck, it will be in well before the event.

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 06-25-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Full Mod List here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2046951

Time to picture *****:

Credit to to vstrizheus and redlude97 for the last few pics.

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 06-25-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Soopa G

A big +1.......I really liked the T1-S on the track...very predictable and you knew when they were gonna go off.......... sadly they discontinued those..... the T1-R....well, as far as the track, they're ok but I really didn't like them..

KDW2 is great for track conditions, excellent feedback

as far as normal street driving....... doesn't really matter....they're all adequate street tires

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
People who haven't tried different types of tires really have NO place to state anything as fact. Reading reviews on Tire Rack and opinions on forums really only tell you so much. You need real world experience with tires. I don't mean to sound condescending, but it's the truth. Having tried tires like: Toyo T1-S, T1R, Bridgestone S-03, RE050A runflats, Nitto 555, BFG KDW, KDW2, RE92, Avon M500, Tech-R, etc... I think I know a thing or two. The KDW2 is better in the dry, especially under race-type conditions. It's also noisier. The T1R is quieter and better in the wet, hands down. These are, of course, only my opinions based on daily driving in all kinds of road/weather conditions including AutoX.

anyhow...

Andy: Here's my G coupe. These pics aren't 100% current, since there are some things that changed recently, or may be changing soon. It's a constant metamorphosis.

I'm running Cheston's old Tein Flex/EDFC setup (the one you packaged up, lol) and am playing with the height. Also, I'm now rocking an Invidia G200 exhaust so the tips don't stick out so much! I've been in the market for some 19's lately, to downgrade from the 20" PIAA SuperRozzas I've got now, and to run some fatter tires. Doubt I'll have anything new by the time Formula D rolls around in 3 weeks. Last but not least, I've been running the Stillen Stage 4 S/C for about 9mos. now, but have an upgraded Vortech kit sitting in the garage. With any luck, it will be in before the event.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:00 PM
skidmarq

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN

I vote for SKIDMARQ for his sick TT and sleeper setup! Soooo sexy!
Thanks Alvin, I really appreciate that man! If only we could represent that booth together
Old 06-25-2007, 11:13 PM
icedoutis
Banned

sorry to kind of hijack, but i can't help myself. Going to buy a set of rims tomorrow, and wanted to know what kind of tire to get. Package deal I was offered was with nitto neogen tires. they any good? Daily driver, occasionally at the 1/4 mile track, like to have fun on the street, slightly lowered What would you guys recommend? Putting them on 19x9.5 & 19x10.5 volk GTV's. Thanks
Old 06-26-2007, 12:13 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Originally Posted by skidmarq
Thanks Alvin, I really appreciate that man! If only we could represent that booth together
I know! Man, I'm so sad...but it's ok. My fiance gives me a lot of slack in modding and she's really cool with everything I buy so I have to give her the much deserved time on this vacation It is the right thing to do I hope to see you at a meet this summer bro!

Originally Posted by r0mey
my out of state vote goes for alvin if he can go i know he posted but his car is sexy ok back 2 the east side
lol thanks again r0mey, you always got kind words! I gotta terrorize the east coast forums sometimes haha

Originally Posted by icedoutis
sorry to kind of hijack, but i can't help myself. Going to buy a set of rims tomorrow, and wanted to know what kind of tire to get. Package deal I was offered was with nitto neogen tires. they any good? Daily driver, occasionally at the 1/4 mile track, like to have fun on the street, slightly lowered What would you guys recommend? Putting them on 19x9.5 & 19x10.5 volk GTV's. Thanks
Bro, since you're going to be daily driving your Z, I would reccomend something that can hold grip in the rain as well. I reccomend Toyo Proxes T1Rs or Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. I have used both of these and they grip well in the rain. During the cruise to Roslyn it was raining half the time and we were all driving really agressive and at least 90+ the whole time if not faster and the t1rs felt really good.

Last edited by AlvinHuyN; 06-26-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:35 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

lol anytime alvin i cant believe im still up at 435 damn
Old 06-26-2007, 04:00 AM
Blacryan

Running Toyo T1R's =)
Old 06-26-2007, 07:17 AM
wasuber

Hey I'll put some Toyo's on for the event!!

Here are the latest pic's just pulled it out of the garage to shoot

Last edited by wasuber; 01-20-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

These are all really great Z's guys but not quite what Toyo or I am looking for. I need to see more than just lowered and wheels. Unfortunately, from a marketing stand point, aesthetics will be far more important and presentable than having a FI setup with stock exterior. And yes, people that are running tires other than Toyo will not apply.

Alvin's car is definitely a suited choice that I would go with but like he said, he will not be in town.

Keep them coming!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Batman3

That is ok I will be going out of town. I will be attending the Idaho Show. I wish you all luck with Toyo.

ENGINE

Injen Exhaust
Injen Cold Air Intake
Carbon Fiber Fluid Cover
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
Carbon Fiber Battery Cover
Carbon Fiber Cooling Plate Shroud

EXTERIOR

Carbon Fiber Pillars
Carbon Fiber Mirrors
VeilSide Wide Body Kit
Windows Tinted at 20%
Carbon Fiber Mirror Posts
Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Tenzo Silver Windshield Wipers
VeilSide Carbon Fiber Rear Wing
Varad Blue Wheel Well Lighting System
Varad 1000 color under car Lighting System

ICE

15” Monitor
Play Station 2
Three Eclipse 10” Subs
Two Eclipse XA4000 Amplifier
Eclipse 6 ½ Component Speakers
Custom Box for the Eclipse 10” Subs
Eclipse 6 ½ 3 way Component Speakers
Custom Amplifier Rack for the Eclipse Amplifiers
Eclipse 6600 Double Den DVD Player and Navigation

INTERIOR

Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
Nismo Carbon Fiber Shifter
Carbon Fiber Sport Pedal Set with Dead Pedal

SUSPENSION

Tein Coil-Over Kit

WHEELS AND TIRES

Venues (Front) 235/30 19
Toyo Tires (Rear) T1R 275/35 ZR 19
Hyper Black Stern 19x10.0 Rear Wheels
Hyper Black Stern 19x8.5 Front Wheels
Attached Thumbnails Calling all Z's from Seattle!-350z20071.jpg   Calling all Z's from Seattle!-350z200775.jpg  
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 AM
redlude97

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
These are all really great Z's guys but not quite what Toyo or I am looking for. I need to see more than just lowered and wheels. Unfortunately, from a marketing stand point, aesthetics will be far more important and presentable than having a FI setup with stock exterior. And yes, people that are running tires other than Toyo will not apply.

Alvin's car is definitely a suited choice that I would go with but like he said, he will not be in town.

Keep them coming!
What about Eric's(wasuber) with Alvin's GT-S's with toyo's, they are almost like twins already, and since Alvin's going to be out of town, Eric could just borrow them for the show!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Batman3

I am not sure what he is looking for he said all the cars are lowered and have wheels. I guess he did not look at my mods as-well. That is ok I am talking to Toyo already for next year.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Why would it matter what brand tires you have to begin with? If your car is sponsored at an event booth, then you should get free toyo tires to put on the car for the event.

Quick Reply: Calling all Z's from Seattle!