North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Kent/Renton on friday night is an ORDEAL

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:38 AM
icedoutis
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soopa G
and that's why I stay away from the inbred hillbilly parts of the country.....but its not really relevant to what you said about police "encouraging" street racing. I'm not trying to come down on ya or pass judgment because in my younger days I was crazy on wheels, whether it was 2 wheels or 4. I paid the price for it too. I know its been said before but take it to the track.....you'll have much more fun...no worries about cops or some kid or old lady getting in the way. Plus....you'll learn alot more about your driving skills and your car's capabilities at the track than you would street racing.
I agree completely about the track. Also, like i said, I have only gone to the street races in washington a couple of times. Way too many younger kids, that think that their car is gods gift to man kind (living the fast and the furious life). I do like to run against some of my friends on the freeway, or just get squirrely off the line every onc ein a while. If you have ridden with me before, you would know that I don't drive like a maniac all the time. i do however like to drive at around 80 on the freeway at all times, but I don't think that that is too unreasonable. These cars sre designed to be able to do that safely. I also have prety good reaction times, so I can hit the brakes when needed quickly at that speed. When I am driving like that, I always keep my eyes on the road, I don't sight see (which in my oppinion is worse that doing 100+ on the freeway). I guess my point is, just don't drive like a retard, but still have fun. Hell, my parents are in their late 40's, and I would put either of their 2 cars up against any of the NW 350z/g35's. They still have fun even at that age, but they do it somewhat responsibly.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:07 PM
07carbonsilver

haha zimo and i frequent the kent races, i've never got stopped but all my friends have. it's just kinda fun sometimes ya know? there are occasionally some sick cars, people racing and of coarse the b1tch fights are always fun to watch
Old 12-12-2007, 10:51 PM
sdbarker

We should all roll down there some night and laugh.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:04 PM
350Zimo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, i know it is illegal to street race, but after i got pulled there that night i began going there occasionally. it fun as long as you dont get too crazy. i am gonna start rolling down there with my 318 bmw DD(beater), so i wont be tempted to race any one.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:04 PM
350Zimo

man that's an old thread
Old 12-12-2007, 11:07 PM
350Zimo

Originally Posted by icedoutis
I agree completely about the track. Also, like i said, I have only gone to the street races in washington a couple of times. Way too many younger kids, that think that their car is gods gift to man kind (living the fast and the furious life). I do like to run against some of my friends on the freeway, or just get squirrely off the line every onc ein a while. If you have ridden with me before, you would know that I don't drive like a maniac all the time. i do however like to drive at around 80 on the freeway at all times, but I don't think that that is too unreasonable. These cars sre designed to be able to do that safely. I also have prety good reaction times, so I can hit the brakes when needed quickly at that speed. When I am driving like that, I always keep my eyes on the road, I don't sight see (which in my oppinion is worse that doing 100+ on the freeway). I guess my point is, just don't drive like a retard, but still have fun. Hell, my parents are in their late 40's, and I would put either of their 2 cars up against any of the NW 350z/g35's. They still have fun even at that age, but they do it somewhat responsibly.
I know how you drive. and man come on dont be so humble, esp now with TT
Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by sdbarker
We should all roll down there some night and laugh.
sounds interesting... i've never gone to one before so i wouldn't mind checking it out... but has anyone actually got ticketed just for being there (with front plates)?
Old 12-13-2007, 08:39 AM
first350

I only go down to that area when it's light out, or when it's rainy...my Z is too ricey
Old 12-13-2007, 08:56 AM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dkorr
sounds interesting... i've never gone to one before so i wouldn't mind checking it out... but has anyone actually got ticketed just for being there (with front plates)?
Back in Jan '03 when I first got my Z I got ticketed down there one night. Going across the bridge on S 196th St. Long story.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:00 AM
drivesolo

Originally Posted by first350
I only go down to that area when it's light out, or when it's rainy...my Z is too ricey
LOL... you play a dangerous game there my friend. Dangerous indeed.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:09 AM
350Zimo

Originally Posted by dkorr
i go there once in a while, when i get bored. I am a spectator, and i have never got in trouble just for watching. i dont race so what is the problem why a ticket for no reason? there is no curfew, it in the middle of a public roads. i park my car away from the crowd and enjoy stupidity
Old 12-13-2007, 12:17 PM
first350

Originally Posted by 350Zimo
i go there once in a while, when i get bored. I am a spectator, and i have never got in trouble just for watching. i dont race so what is the problem why a ticket for no reason? there is no curfew, it in the middle of a public roads. i park my car away from the crowd and enjoy stupidity
there's laws that prohibit spectators for street racing...so you could get a ticket for just watching.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:38 PM
sdbarker

However, if we're just passing through... there's nothing wrong with that. It'd be a fightable ticket if it happened. They have to be able to legitimately prove that we were there to watch the races.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:07 PM
drivesolo

From my understanding the 10PM - 5AM "impossed curfew" in that area allows the cops to legitimately "inquire" about your intentions. It's an open policy for them to approach anyone who is in that area and parked w/o obvious reason for being there. I've been down there during that time and have witnessed it first hand.

I've also been down there,parked at the Chevron on the corner of 43rd & East Valley, w/ my Z and 2 other friends; a loud STi and another "too ricey" Z (you know who you are ) a little after 5AM in the morning and all the cops could do was drive up next to us, park and watch us. A little intimidating, but we knew we were in the right and they could not do anything.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:46 PM
sdbarker

Ah, I didn't know that there was a curfew. Weak.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:54 PM
07carbonsilver

i think im gunna go down to kent tomorrow if its not too rainy
Old 12-13-2007, 01:54 PM
dkorr

we should have a Z/G meet there one night. no law against that is there?
Old 12-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,078 Likes on 970 Posts

Why did you get pulled over and not the Vette that took off??

Originally Posted by 350Zimo
My mother asked me to go with her to some freaking baby shower in Renton on fraday night. So, I did. On my way back, i am driving, and because i am not familiar with the Kent area, i divurge from the main street and i end up on West valley highway, an awful little road, with abundance of railroads, and potholes. There are millions of "street racers" on friday night, so i stop at a stop light, and there rolls a vette C5, and the guy looks at me, where my mother intervenes as she says that i am not going to race, and i tell her the same. the next thing that happens is a freaking cop pulls behind me. The vette guy does not know that there is a cop, and takes off like a maniac, in a second. the cop pulls me over and i am driving even below the speed limit, and tells me that i am there to race, where again, my mother gets pissed and yells at the dude with uniform, and convinses him that we are passers by. I almost got i ticket because my front license plate is not mounted, but big deal. So be carfull , i did not think that this thing is sooooo popular on friday night.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Advent7

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Why did you get pulled over and not the Vette that took off??
Probably because it was an easier dollar.

Honestly they have all these laws and regulations and what do cops do? Try to catch speeders and people with no plates.

I'm not supporting street racing but I sure as hell ain't supporting the cops that are stopping people for revenue purposes.

If half of the cops went out and actually caught criminals the places would be safer then if speeders were taken off the road and if there gonna catch people for racing then why not catch the dangerous people that can't drive and talk on their cellphone at the same time or people with a broken headlight or taillight.

This whole thing about speeding or racing is just an excuse by the state. The state is smart i mean come on if one cop catches a speeder for 120-150 a pop your making some good cash if you catch 20 people in a month and then add all the cops that are out there on the roads. Plus the extra fines for school zone(which is one thing I find reasonable or can agree on) but construction zones when there's not construction going on, wtf?

And whoever is saying that cops are there protecting innocent people from getting hurt by stopping speeders needs to do a re-check. First off when a cop pulls your over for something like that they should do it because there was someone injured or property damage. If these are not the case then what for?

Sorry for the rant, I have yet to get pulled over and hopefully will continue this record but I am truly sick and tired of cops not doing what there supposed to be doing. One thing I want to make clear is i'm not saying all cops are bad but there's to many that abuse there power but of course if they didn't stop speeders then i'm guessing they would be fired.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:36 PM
07carbonsilver

Originally Posted by Advent7
Probably because it was an easier dollar.

Honestly they have all these laws and regulations and what do cops do? Try to catch speeders and people with no plates.

I'm not supporting street racing but I sure as hell ain't supporting the cops that are stopping people for revenue purposes.

If half of the cops went out and actually caught criminals the places would be safer then if speeders were taken off the road and if there gonna catch people for racing then why not catch the dangerous people that can't drive and talk on their cellphone at the same time or people with a broken headlight or taillight.

This whole thing about speeding or racing is just an excuse by the state. The state is smart i mean come on if one cop catches a speeder for 120-150 a pop your making some good cash if you catch 20 people in a month and then add all the cops that are out there on the roads. Plus the extra fines for school zone(which is one thing I find reasonable or can agree on) but construction zones when there's not construction going on, wtf?

And whoever is saying that cops are there protecting innocent people from getting hurt by stopping speeders needs to do a re-check. First off when a cop pulls your over for something like that they should do it because there was someone injured or property damage. If these are not the case then what for?

Sorry for the rant, I have yet to get pulled over and hopefully will continue this record but I am truly sick and tired of cops not doing what there supposed to be doing. One thing I want to make clear is i'm not saying all cops are bad but there's to many that abuse there power but of course if they didn't stop speeders then i'm guessing they would be fired.
AAAAAAAAMEN

Quick Reply: Kent/Renton on friday night is an ORDEAL