Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

HKS GT Supercharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 04:12 PM
umsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS GT Supercharger kit

anyone know more than just the news release by HKS? I want to supercharge but am curious to see what the new improvements to the old kit is and if anyone knows any insider info. thanks.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Zilvia

it has a high lack of improving hp...like only +50hp
Old 09-29-2007, 04:30 PM
umsta

i dont think u know the hks kit is for our cars. the last one we put the HKS was about 100 whp gain just wondering about the new kit if anyone else knows anymore info. I want to go the HKS supercharger route because I want to have my car usable as a daily without reliability issues of turbo kits.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Zilvia

im just remember what i read about it when this was posted before.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Pilot_Z

Originally Posted by umsta
anyone know more than just the news release by HKS? I want to supercharge but am curious to see what the new improvements to the old kit is and if anyone knows any insider info. thanks.
I know you're in Seattle, but you may want to give John Reed a call at RREV Motorsports in Portland.

They probably don't have the kit listed on the website, however, they are an authorized HKS dealer. They can install and tune HKS kits (& Fcon EMS too). They're trying to get more involved in the Z community.

PZ
Old 10-01-2007, 07:52 AM
wasuber

Umsta, I was just reading about this kit in my Dsport mag i just got. sounds like a nice kit, post up some stuff if you find out more info on it.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
MaRbLe

Seach the FI section, I posted a thread a while back with a link to a Japanese site the had the info translated. Also posted a link to a Utube video of one on a dyno. They claimed 400whp I think off it but no dyno sheet. Rumor has it that full info will be released at SEMA this year...
Old 10-01-2007, 12:35 PM
umsta

Nice thanks again. I will be going to the upcoming SEMA with my cousin to check out what HKS might have out there with this kit. Only problem is saving another 7k for it
Old 10-02-2007, 12:13 PM
MaRbLe

Yeah I think it will be maybe that much for the full. They should have a tuner kit thats less. Also they MAY release the single and twin turbo kits to the US market at SEMA if rumors are true.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:38 PM
umsta

no point in getting the lower kit i got a hook up so shouldnt be too bad. Ill take photos at SEMA of whats to come
Old 10-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

A tuner kit is not a "lower" kit. It comes with less parts so you can choose your own parts instead. I would pick a tuner kit everytime, so that I can run my own choice of injectors, emu, fuel pump, etc...
Old 10-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does anyone on this site have the old kit?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:56 PM
MaRbLe

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
A tuner kit is not a "lower" kit. It comes with less parts so you can choose your own parts instead. I would pick a tuner kit everytime, so that I can run my own choice of injectors, emu, fuel pump, etc...
Indeed...

Motormouth:
I think I saw a few people on here with the HKS/Rotex kit. Rotex offered either a 9 or 10lb pulley for that kit which was the only way to get decent power from what I read.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:21 AM
wasuber

Originally Posted by MaRbLe
Yeah I think it will be maybe that much for the full. They should have a tuner kit thats less. Also they MAY release the single and twin turbo kits to the US market at SEMA if rumors are true.
If this is true I will be rocking one of those HKS singles very soon :P
Old 10-04-2007, 01:08 PM
MaRbLe

HKS USA LAUNCHES HKS BRAND GT SUPERCHARGER
FOR NORTH AMERICAN MARKET

LOS ANGELES (August, 2007) – HKS USA, Inc., the premier manufacturer and supplier of automotive performance systems, today made significant product news with the launch of its HKS GT Supercharger. Widely recognized as a leader in aftermarket turbocharger technology, the GT Supercharger is HKS’ proprietary supercharger design and represents a new standard in forced induction technology. The news for HKS USA also comes as the company prepares for its 35th Anniversary celebration, which is set to commence in October.
HKS continues to exhibit its technological prowess and R&D capabilities with the introduction of the HKS GT Supercharger. To be able to add our own supercharger to our extensive product line positions HKS as the undisputed leader in aftermarket performance product offerings. Our customers can now choose HKS turbo or supercharger technology to maximize their driving performance,” said Rick Lafferty, president, HKS USA, Inc.
The HKS GT Supercharger takes forced induction technology to a new level of reliability, quality and craftsmanship. The performance characteristics of the supercharger deliver smooth, linear power across the RPM band resulting in effortless acceleration. The compact size of the supercharger makes it possible to be mounted in relation to engine drive pulleys for maximum efficiency without the need to modify the engine bay. The supercharger’s efficiency allows a broad range of applications that deliver excellent fuel economy.
The GT Supercharger has been designed for use in street and track applications. HKS has initially developed street supercharger kits for the Nissan 350Z, Infiniti G35 Coupe, and the Infiniti FX35. In addition, a motor sports only GT Supercharger Pro Kit is in development for the Nissan 350Z and Infiniti G35 Coupe.
What truly sets HKS apart from other supercharger manufacturers is the type of supercharger HKS developed. The HKS GT Supercharger is a state-of-the-art centrifugal supercharger system using a newly-developed torque response traction drive system. The traction drive system provides greater efficiency compared to typical gear-type centrifugal superchargers, by having a higher ratio of pulley revolutions to compressor wheel revolutions. This high rate of efficiency allows the use of compact compressor housing without sacrificing output. Also the traction drives use of rollers eliminates the common gear noise found in centrifugal gear-type, roots-type and twin screw superchargers.
The HKS GT Supercharger Complete Kit comes with a 1 year limited warranty covering all components of the Supercharger Kit. The Complete Kit contains all necessary parts for installation and is a bolt-on application. HKS’ engine management comes as part of the Complete Kit as well. The GT Supercharger was also designed for use with the HKS Dual Hi-Power Ti exhaust system and is recommended to achieve maximum performance.
Future applications of the GT Supercharger are planned.

Dealer Locations and Pricing
The GT Supercharger kit will go on sale in the fall of 2007 with the first shipments reaching the U.S. in September. The GT Supercharger System Kits will only be available for purchase through select HKS Authorized Installers and HKS Certified Pro Dealers. Only these HKS dealers will be authorized to install the GT supercharger kits. Pricing for the GT Supercharger Complete kit will start at $6495.00.

About HKS USA, Inc.
HKS USA, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and supplier of automotive aftermarket performance systems, parts and accessories. Delivering its products to both the import and domestic car markets, HKS has been recognized for its engineering and performance excellence in the automotive industry since 1973. Established in 1982, HKS USA, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of HKS Company, Ltd. Japan and distributes its products through its worldwide dealer network. For more information about HKS USA., visit their website at www.hksusa.com.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 PM
zman1910

Are these kits released yet? I thought they should've been here by now
Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Devil Z

I'd rather go with a ST setup, but . . .
Old 10-16-2007, 09:28 AM
MaRbLe

Originally Posted by zman1910
Are these kits released yet? I thought they should've been here by now
November is when they should release the carb legal kit, pro kit some time after that. Pick up the new Import Tuner and there is an artical about the system in it.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:50 AM
umsta

ya going to SEMA in november with my cuz hope they have everything all ready by then. The reason I want to go with this kit is it provides instant gains with no lag in addition to being a relatively simple bolt on and doesn't require too much hassle. I'm going to use this as a daily so I don't want to have too many of the turbo issues. I would like big numbers but I'd rather have a simple application
Old 10-16-2007, 12:42 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by umsta
ya going to SEMA in november with my cuz hope they have everything all ready by then. The reason I want to go with this kit is it provides instant gains with no lag in addition to being a relatively simple bolt on and doesn't require too much hassle. I'm going to use this as a daily so I don't want to have too many of the turbo issues. I would like big numbers but I'd rather have a simple application
+100.....I had a ST on my previous Z and was annoyed with all the little issues. I don't care what anyone says...at some point or another you will have issues with any FI kit. I was more than happy with my 400whp...in fact I wanted to turn it down a notch to about 350 whp. I think this should definitely satisfy anyone in my position provided it is as reliable as any other HKS product. And personally I dont think the MSRP is too bad...

Quick Reply: HKS GT Supercharger kit