Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

2007 Fall Foliage Tour of Hood Canal

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 AM
I1DER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Fall Foliage Tour of Hood Canal

I posted this in another thread, but want to make sure as many locals see it as possible. It's a great drive.

2007 Fall Foliage Tour of Hood Canal Hop Outlets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Saturday, 10/27 we are doing the Fall Foliage Tour of Hood Canal again .
It's about a 104 mile trip around Hood Canal. Most of it follows the western shore on Highway 101. It's a leisure drive with about 9 stops at every watering hole. Sort of like a poker run or party on wheels. Scenery is unforgetable. If you go with the main group we strongly encourage the driver to drink O'Douls at the stops. Limit for even non-drivers is 1 drink per stop til the end. It's about 9 hours long and always a great time.

If some want to keep moving or skip places, I'll give you an itinerary and map.

Who ever is going, meet at Romeo's Bar & Grill on Kitsap Way in Bremerton at 11:30. There is a stop at the Four Corners about 3 miles before the Hood Canal Floating Bridge then lunch at the Valley Tavern in Hadlock.

From there we head south to Quilcene and the Whislin Oyster for a round of shuffle board and music and then Loggers Landing for a quicky to fulfill the scavenger hunt part. Next stop is the Geo Duck Inn at Brennen for clam chowder then south to Eagle Creek Saloon where there is Prime Rib if you want for like $10. We pace ourselves through the Model T in Hoodsport, then a stop at Union, then take Hwy 106 along the south shore to Belfair and the Hideaway at about 9 PM. Incredible band is playing there that night and of course there are several places celebrating Halloween.

PM me if you are interested. It's a guys and gals thing. Fun people only.
If you don't want to catch a Ferry back to the Seattle side, bring sleeping bags (I have some extras) and we'll find places for you at my place on the Canal. Sunday AM, I'll show you twistie rural roads that are better and prettier than rides at Disneyland. Plenty of positive and negative G's as well as lateral ones.

You'll be passing through the area at the end of this rainbow:
Attached Thumbnails
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Fall Foliage Tour of Hood Canal-img_1347_2a.jpg  

Last edited by I1DER; 10-23-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
JOKER

who is organizing this

What kind of cars are going?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:11 PM
I1DER

Originally Posted by ZEJOKER
who is organizing this

What kind of cars are going?
For liability reasons, no one is organizing it.

There will be at least a couple Zs, but it is wide open to good natured, responsible people of any age (over 21). Of course women are encouraged to act irresponsibly.