Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

The "official" Pre-Golden Gardens caravan thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:33 AM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since it looks like this event will be larger than last year I think we need to have one person who acts as a focal for out VQ group. If he is willing to take the role, I vote that Wasuber be that focal. This does not mean that it is his responsibility to make this event run smoothly, ultimately that is all of our collective responsibilities. It would make things more efficient instead of a dozen voices all trying to talk at the same time. We should all understand that whomever the focal is, it will be more or less his responsibility to deligate the different tasks involved to other NW forum members. Maps, Photoshoot cordination, caravan logistics, lunch social, etc. will all be the responsiblity of others. The focal is just the one person to make sure all parties are communicating w/ each other. Ultimately the success of the event depends on us all.

What say you Wasuber? Up for the job?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:34 AM
drivesolo

Originally Posted by wasuber
I just realized I offered to let one of my friends drive my Titan to the meet so we could do a BBQ for just us Z/G guys and girls(if they exist) Any suggestions to what we want to grill/drink? Also I need a portable BBQ unless there is a better option, I'm thinking full on tailgate party within reason...
Nice. Are we still planning on doing this? I will volunteer the use of my Frontier, grill and canopy for the event if we are all sure about this.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 AM
redlude97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drivesolo
Since it looks like this event will be larger than last year I think we need to have one person who acts as a focal for out VQ group. If he is willing to take the role, I vote that Wasuber be that focal. This does not mean that it is his responsibility to make this event run smoothly, ultimately that is all of our collective responsibilities. It would make things more efficient instead of a dozen voices all trying to talk at the same time. We should all understand that whomever the focal is, it will be more or less his responsibility to deligate the different tasks involved to other NW forum members. Maps, Photoshoot cordination, caravan logistics, lunch social, etc. will all be the responsiblity of others. The focal is just the one person to make sure all parties are communicating w/ each other. Ultimately the success of the event depends on us all.

What say you Wasuber? Up for the job?
Boooo.....I vote for Ty Pandya as our leader, he'll fit in well
Old 02-12-2008, 08:39 AM
redlude97

about the BBQ, the problem I forsee with this is that I think you can only BBQ in designated areas, and they are probably all reserved already. Does anyone know what the deal is with this at GG?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:39 AM
davboy

I just realized I offered to let one of my friends drive my Titan to the meet so we could do a BBQ for just us Z/G guys and girls(if they exist) Any suggestions to what we want to grill/drink? Also I need a portable BBQ unless there is a better option, I'm thinking full on tailgate party within reason...
If my car is done in time I will bring some chicken wings for the BBQ. If my car is not done I will not be there
Old 02-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Mixturepinoy

last year it was freezing cold.. not good bbq weather IMO...

I think we should setup a check in list with name, number, lic plate.. especially if we end up boxing each other in or get lost on the way.. this should be setup ahead of time and passed out at the the premeet
Old 02-12-2008, 08:52 AM
pacfwu

I think it might be in bad taste to have our own bbq. The meet is put on by Northwest Nissans and they put on their bbq for members and as a fundraiser I believe. So it's kindof bad form to infringe on that.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:58 AM
drivesolo

Originally Posted by Mixturepinoy
last year it was freezing cold.. not good bbq weather IMO...

I think we should setup a check in list with name, number, lic plate.. especially if we end up boxing each other in or get lost on the way.. this should be setup ahead of time and passed out at the the premeet
A great idea, the only problem is that we were boxed in by S13s, S14s, 510s and Sentras. This would only work for our group if we selectively boxed ourselves in. I think the 2007 count was over 400 cars since we maxed out all the parking & then some. Maybe NWN will try to implement something like this but it will be difficult. It'd be best to get there early and position ourselves in a location where we know double and triple parking won't be likely to happen.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:19 AM
wasuber

Originally Posted by davboy
If my car is done in time I will bring some chicken wings for the BBQ. If my car is not done I will not be there
If your chicken wings are involved, maybe I can swing by and grab you? It would be a shame if you could'nt make it!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:20 AM
wasuber

Nice. Are we still planning on doing this? I will volunteer the use of my Frontier, grill and canopy for the event if we are all sure about this.
I would be fine with being the focal, Can we use your canopy and BBQ I will check into the logistics with the park to see if we can indeed bbq under our own canopy etc...
Old 02-12-2008, 09:35 AM
drivesolo

I would be fine with being the focal, Can we use your canopy and BBQ I will check into the logistics with the park to see if we can indeed bbq under our own canopy etc...
Excellent. It'll be a lot easier to coordinate it this way.

Sure, I'd be more than happy to volunteer my grill and canopy. I figure the canopy would be necessary if it's raining so that the food doesn't get soaked (i.e.: BBQ Seattle style). My grill isn't very large, it's a Weber Silver Cloud so it can only cook about 8 large burger patties at a time (maybe 10 if you get creative). But if it was much bigger I wouldn't consider moving it. I'm guessing if we had a group like last time (20+ cars, ~40 people) we'd need more than one grill.

Who else has a grill that would be willing to lend it for this event? If we do go through w/ this BBQ idea, we'll also need at least one foldable table to put the stuff on else we could use the tailgates of the truck(s) if GG will allow use the grills close enough.

Last edited by drivesolo; 02-12-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Mixturepinoy

I have a gas grill I wouldnt mind being used and a round plastic table as well. But i'm all the way in puyallup
Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 AM
davboy

If your chicken wings are involved, maybe I can swing by and grab you? It would be a shame if you could'nt make it!
I will take you up on that offer, it would hate to miss this.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:05 AM
wasuber

Originally Posted by pacfwu
I think it might be in bad taste to have our own bbq. The meet is put on by Northwest Nissans and they put on their bbq for members and as a fundraiser I believe. So it's kindof bad form to infringe on that.
i agree with you but I think we need to have a backup BBQ for us big guys and the ones who show up late and the NWN BBQ is depleted, maybe a PM BBQ? Just thinking out loud, or we can just roll to my parkinglot at my house afterwards and have a Z/G BBQ?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:13 AM
pacfwu

Maybe would could just donate food to the cause then. Get everyone to chip in a few bucks for food and then just give it to the NWN guys and then we won't have to pay our $5. Anyone registered on NWN want to find out who's organizing and check and see if that's cool?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:23 AM
wasuber

sure, I'll give JRBUMP a shout
Old 02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
drivesolo

Pacfwu brings up a very good point. If we would be infringing on NWN's drive to bring in revenue for their club, it would be wrong for us to do something like this. After all it is their event. Would it be possible to contact someone in charge of NWN to see how they would feel about us doing this?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
dkorr

i agree with you but I think we need to have a backup BBQ for us big guys and the ones who show up late and the NWN BBQ is depleted, maybe a PM BBQ? Just thinking out loud, or we can just roll to my parkinglot at my house afterwards and have a Z/G BBQ?
sounds like a goooood idea...
Old 02-12-2008, 12:44 PM
sno

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there anyone willing to sacrafice their living room for an Oregonian? If you guys plan on meeting up at 7:30, that means I have to hit the road around 5ish.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:51 PM
wasuber

Pacfwu brings up a very good point. If we would be infringing on NWN's drive to bring in revenue for their club, it would be wrong for us to do something like this. After all it is their event. Would it be possible to contact someone in charge of NWN to see how they would feel about us doing this?
We need to get you up to speed, I am going to talk to JR and see if its ok for us to BBQ as well as participate in thier BBQ so there are no hurt butts on the NWN group. Also how about having a BBQ after the meet at say my place for the Z\G folks ?? David seems to be up for it so far, I could be a great way to get the oregon guys together with us as well.

Quick Reply: The "official" Pre-Golden Gardens caravan thread