Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

The "official" Pre-Golden Gardens caravan thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:48 AM
pacfwu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's not forget that it was an awesome place to get pics of the entire group.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:53 AM
redlude97

Originally Posted by SlowZster
i vote for the same mall parking lot that we met at last year. Ample room, and right off the freeway.
The problem with that lot is that it is now significantly out of the way to get to golden gardens due to the detour
Old 02-14-2008, 12:02 PM
umsta

thats coo can i still come even tho ill have a bimmer?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:10 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by umsta
thats coo can i still come even tho ill have a bimmer?
No you are banned from all future meets Seriously though, you may feel out of place and there may be some hostility due to the limited amount of parking and the overwelming number of nissans/infinitis. Remember, this isn't one of our meets where we know almost everyone. I would consider hitching a ride with one of us. I can drive you if you are still in the U-district
Old 02-14-2008, 12:25 PM
umsta

coo thanks man. ya i wish i didnt have to trade in and stuff but some things just call for it. i love the community and hopefully roll with u guys around still
Old 02-14-2008, 01:22 PM
SlowZster

coo thanks man. ya i wish i didnt have to trade in and stuff but some things just call for it. i love the community and hopefully roll with u guys around still
you are still welcome in my eyes
Old 02-14-2008, 02:16 PM
tonyrd1

how about Green Lake area?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyrd1
how about Green Lake area?
like by the park?

Ok, lets figure this out. How many people want to do this convoy? If its under 20 im sure we can do a Bellevue/U villiage meet without any problem, if theres going to be a ton of cars then we would have to meet somewhere bigger.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:06 PM
SlowZster

1. slowZster
Old 02-14-2008, 03:14 PM
redlude97

1. slowZster
2. redlude97: U-village or Ballard Safeway
Old 02-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by redlude97
Also, if we are going to go through ballard via 45th, we may want to meet at the safeway on market street, I think its across the street from the bowling alley, but its got a huge covered parking lot we can meet at. The problem with U village now that I think about it is that its going to be hard to keep our convoy together because the distance between lights on 45th in the U district is very short so if we get caught at red lights, we won't all be able to fit inbetween intersections. They are quite a few hills also
True, it is a little further. We can meet at that Safeway you're talking about. That sounds just fine. Let's make a decision!
Old 02-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Feel free to bring the M3. It's totally fine. If anything, just park at the end of the line of Z's and G's, for photo op reasons.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:13 PM
pacfwu

1. slowZster
3. pacfwu (probably bringing a couple non-Nissans with me)
Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 PM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gentlemen....This event is still well over a month away, pleeeeeenty of time. I dunno if we can get an accurate estimation of the size of the group at this point cuz probably a lot of guys that want to attend can't really commit at this time (still waiting to see any responses from some of the other regulars on this post).

- If we want a good location for a photo op, then we might want to consider Northgate again. If we're not too concerned then the Safeway would probably be best
- From the photo of last year it looks like we had 23 cars in our convoy. We'll probably have about 30 this year (wild @$$ guess on my part).
- As for cruising over to the park; we do what we did last time. We all head out at the same time, once our lead car makes it to a point on the road leading into the park; he stops at a designated point aalong the side of on Seaview Ave to let everyone else catch up. Once the last car catches up to the group, we all roll in together. Regardless of where we meet (Northgate Mall, the Safeway on Market St, or the QFC in the U. Village) we'd all roll into GG as a group. depending on how much time we are willing to spend on the road is a factor here. The further away we are, the earlier we'll all have to get up that morning to meet.
- Since no one has mentioned it, it looks like the BBQ idea is out. Did anyone inquire w/ JRBump? Ideas for lunch if we can't get any from NWN while at GG?
Old 02-14-2008, 06:17 PM
redlude97

We did red robin last time and that was fine and they could accommodate alot of us, or anywhere near northgate or U village will do
Old 02-14-2008, 06:24 PM
wasuber

Originally Posted by pacfwu
1. slowZster
3. pacfwu (probably bringing a couple non-Nissans with me)
blasphemy!!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:43 PM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by wasuber
blasphemy!!!!!

I did tell them they couldn't park with us and would have to be in the back of the convoy.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by drivesolo
- From the photo of last year it looks like we had 23 cars in our convoy. We'll probably have about 30 this year (wild @$$ guess on my part).
- As for cruising over to the park; we do what we did last time. We all head out at the same time, once our lead car makes it to a point on the road leading into the park; he stops at a designated point aalong the side of on Seaview Ave to let everyone else catch up. Once the last car catches up to the group, we all roll in together. Regardless of where we meet (Northgate Mall, the Safeway on Market St, or the QFC in the U. Village) we'd all roll into GG as a group. depending on how much time we are willing to spend on the road is a factor here. The further away we are, the earlier we'll all have to get up that morning to meet.
I'm hoping for about 30 in the convoy, too. As long as we have more than last year, I'll be happy. Besides us, there were 5-10 Z's and G's that rolled in separately on their own, too.

I like the idea of pulling over the side right before the entrance. No matter where we meet, we need to plan to be at GG early. We need to be able to get prime parking all together!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:12 AM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
I'm hoping for about 30 in the convoy, too. As long as we have more than last year, I'll be happy. Besides us, there were 5-10 Z's and G's that rolled in separately on their own, too.

I like the idea of pulling over the side right before the entrance. No matter where we meet, we need to plan to be at GG early. We need to be able to get prime parking all together!
+1, +2, +3

Definately! I think getting a prime spot will be critical. For the guys that want to be seen, its essential. For those guys that just want easy access out, it's a neccessity. And it makes socializing as a group a lot easier. The spots along the western side of the lot we were in last year toward the water would be best.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:01 AM
sno

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol

+1

From the looks of things on the other Nissan boards, a lot of people are planning on getting there early.

Quick Reply: The "official" Pre-Golden Gardens caravan thread