ok, finally painted and looking sharp!

Old 07-26-2008, 05:47 PM
cersoft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah! That looks the business !!!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
TJGILROY

hey bro, love the paint job, i have a post asking how much that runs.... i've seen a brickyard with ghost flames...sick like yours....so if you don't mind me askin' how much???
Old 04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Parker01

OMG wow! I love the raw race look of the front and back end (nice car all around to of course ).

Is there any chance I could get some dimensions for the back, I soooooo want to get one made. I'm a mechanical designer and send stuff like this out all the time so I have lots of shops that would love to make one of these for me, I just don't have any drawings to send them.

hawt hawt hawt!
Old 04-22-2009, 07:18 PM
djSLiM

Originally Posted by overZealous1
that single piece was costing me $400 alone to make! the exhausts were a work of art and it was quite fun doing it!!
SOLD!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:01 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TJGILROY
hey bro, love the paint job, i have a post asking how much that runs.... i've seen a brickyard with ghost flames...sick like yours....so if you don't mind me askin' how much???
well, kinda hard to say. i do all my own paint work too, so it was only about $1200 for all the materials. mine is a full color change also (pics make it look like stock daytona blue, but it is more towards purple in real life). i would guess it to cost anywhere from $8000-14000. i stripped the car down to nearly a bare shell and painted everything individually. then assembly and unassembly 3 times. did the engine compartment satin black also and removed the engine to do it.
now, if you just wanted to add flames or some sort of graphics OVER an existing paint job, you could prolly get away with $1500 or so. just depends on the reputation of the guy doing it and the complexity.
my flames are 3 different layers. silver pearl, blue candy mixed with silver pearl, then the majority are ppg harlequin blue to red. the effect is WAY more drastic and lively than a set of traditional "ghost flames". the base color of the car and the primary color in the harlequin match perfectly, so it truely does disappear and reappear (seamlessly) and come back in different colors. unfortuneately, a camera lense cannot pic up the effects and the pictures make it look kinda weird. in person though, it is pretty effing cool! lol

thanks for the compliment. post pics if ya go through with it.

take a look at some of the work painters in your area have done. some are good, some really suck! find one who does the style you like, and go for it.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:13 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by Parker01
OMG wow! I love the raw race look of the front and back end (nice car all around to of course ).

Is there any chance I could get some dimensions for the back, I soooooo want to get one made. I'm a mechanical designer and send stuff like this out all the time so I have lots of shops that would love to make one of these for me, I just don't have any drawings to send them.

hawt hawt hawt!
it is really gunna depend on your exhaust set up. you will also need to cut out the lower portion of the rear bumper. my diffuser runs all the way to the rear diff. unlike all the other ones that just go a foot or so under the rear. makes it alot more effective. you can use the 2 lower rear end bolts to fasten the diffuser to it. also, after cutting out the bumper section, the rear aluminum bumper brace is right there to fasten it to. so you can make it really strong.
it would not take someone long to make one with the right tools. but to get it right, you will want to custom fit it to your exhaust. so my dimensions might not work for your car. your welcome to use the design though and build from that!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:28 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by djSLiM
SOLD!!!

i did always like that picture!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:58 AM
TJGILROY

thanx....i may not go with the 3 diff layers like you...i'll see what i can find...prec the response
Old 04-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Parker01

Good info thanks. I guess a custom fit is more ideal, it's just hard to find somebody that wants to whack tin to a custom fit without charging out the rear for it. I'll have to crawl under and get some measurements. I'm running the rediculously loud Topspeed Pro exhaust which is more then likely in the way near the rear cradle now that I think if it. Hmm... Well now I have a direction and it looks relatively easy to form the main piece with just 2 bends.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:00 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by Parker01
Good info thanks. I guess a custom fit is more ideal, it's just hard to find somebody that wants to whack tin to a custom fit without charging out the rear for it. I'll have to crawl under and get some measurements. I'm running the rediculously loud Topspeed Pro exhaust which is more then likely in the way near the rear cradle now that I think if it. Hmm... Well now I have a direction and it looks relatively easy to form the main piece with just 2 bends.
ya, the main piece was not too hard. i think i bent it using a door jamb or something, lol. just bend it up and make sure the bends are symetrical, then cut the final shape out later with a cut off wheel in a grinder. round the edges. make 2 90 degree brackets to bolt or rivet them to the main piece and space them to use the lower pumkin bolts on the rearend. i did have someone use a brake to bend the 90's into the fins, then cut them out as a matching pair. use a couple spacers off the rear bumper brace, and then drill and tap it for atleast 1/4" bolts. you can even find selftappers in that size to make it quick.
all this will make sense when you get under there and looking back at my pics.

good luck!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:43 AM
NizzmoJoe

So I'm fairly local to you, would you still be interested in bending up another one of those exhaust systems you were producing? I would be willing to drive down and help out anyway you would let me.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:55 AM
overZealous1

wish i could. every once in a while you can find them pop up in the marketplace. the jigs are long gone and the programs in the bender may or may not still be there. the first system that i had bent up cost me about $3500, that is the prototype still on my car. even having mine to try and copy would be in the $2000 range prolly.
the guys i had bending them are flooded with work now and rarely do one off set ups due to time.
i never said anything about it on the boards because i had already decided to stop making them, but the 2.5" system made +22rwhp on 06+ Z/G's. it was tested independently, and as far as i know, is still a record for bolt on, no retune exhaust system. the key is the design of the X pipe.
you can prolly find someone local to ya that will take on the project, but make sure they do not do the X pipe "their way". the mufflers are also part of the key too, but alot didn't like the design of them. they are aeroturbines. read up on them and you will quickly see why i used them instead of other generic or even name brand grapefruit shooters, lol.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
skidmarq

...and on top of that, the sound is one of a kind!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:52 PM
350LowLife

A clip of the AERO Turbine on a 350Z.....or as they put it...a Z350.....LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K88nh...eature=related
Old 04-27-2009, 07:13 PM
overZealous1

i just punched in "svrtech" in the search area on youtube and came up with these.
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=svrtech&aq=f

go to streetfire and you will find a bunch more, along with some of the other parts i was making. even my original vids i posted of my car when i first made the exhaust!
the aeroturbine resonators are crap in the 2.5" dia. hence they used 2 pairs on the vid above. i had to use another brands resonators for the 2.5" system. there is a definate difference between mine and theirs with no X-pipe. the 2.5 ones are like 4" dia. the 3" resonators were 6" dia and did a good job keeping it somewhat quite with turbos.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:14 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by skidmarq
...and on top of that, the sound is one of a kind!!!
glad to see ya still here! ya, the sound is quite exotic. never heard another Z like it