Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

towing company...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:26 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** man!! i would have started shooting!! you should have left the car there, or taken pics right in their lot. they are 100% responsible for the damage. a lawyer would have a hayday with it and their insurance will cover all of it plus the lawyer too! if they don't have insurance, you could put them under.
i ^*&ing hate tow companies!! they should pay for a rental also while your car is getting fixed. if they tell you it is up to your insurance company, they are lying. rake the *******s over the coals man!
my buddies car got towed once. someone stripped his car totally in one night (prolly inside job) and they gave him the same run around as this company is giving you. with a lawyer, he got them to pay for everything.
with any luck, their insurance will drop them and one less scum of the earth business in the world!!

Last edited by overZealous1; 11-20-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
xtrmspd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like they are a bunch of scum bags. Forget the lawyer, azz beating is at hand (it's my answer to everything ).
Old 11-20-2008, 08:45 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bro, how did they tow the car? You might want to have the car inspected if they didn't use a flat bed. They might have messed up your drive train.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:50 PM
SlowZster

looked into a bunch of different options today, and talked to a couple of lawyer friends. THey all agreed to just take the company to small claims court for the maximum of $5000. Get a couple of estimates for all new things, rental car, etc. and have the bill come just over $5000. I'm good at that . I am filing it tomorrow with the seattle small claims court. I will still need is someone to server them their papers. My brother lives in that area, and im sure he wouldn't mind doing that for me. Last thing is I need the estimates, and pictures to document it all. Good thing we had a photoshoot not too long ago so I can show tht there was no damage. Now I need to borrow someone's camera, or just have them take some pics of the damage for me. Hopefully this all works out for me. Everything was noted in the paperwork before I took delivery of my vehicle, and nowhere in the documents that I had to sign does it say anything about accepting my car "as-is" so I don't think they have a leg to stand on. Wish me luck!
Old 11-20-2008, 09:54 PM
350Zimo

sorry to hear about your car. Hope you straighten everything out. Let me know if you need a camera
Old 11-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Take them to the cleaners man
Old 11-21-2008, 01:40 PM
G35Soul

Sorry to hear about this. Good luck with small claims court.

This happened to me in the past, and I reported it to my insurance co. I had to pay my deductable at first to get all the damages fixed. Within a month, my insurance eventually hunted down the towing company, got their money, and even reimbursed me back my deductable!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:06 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I just can't help wondering why no one has commented that the car should not have been parked illegally. It is a shame the towing company messed up the Z but had it been parked legally, the towing company would not have been involved. It just seems better to pay a few bucks to park legally rather than to take a chance getting the car towed.

Les
Old 11-21-2008, 07:09 PM
overZealous1

thanks for chiming in wes. does parking in the wrong place make the damage ok? a nice piece of paper on the windshield under a wiper for the towing fee sounds like a nice plan. instead they chose to tow the car and damaged it. it was their choice and noone elses. hey, they gotta hit the bottom line. thats why they cruise ALL parking lots and apartment buildings to try and find someone parked illegelly. tow companies make their money from people in trouble or forced to deal with them.
not many other businesses in the world i can imagine that makes their money in such a legal dishonest way!!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:01 PM
FutureNismoGirl

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
I just can't help wondering why no one has commented that the car should not have been parked illegally. It is a shame the towing company messed up the Z but had it been parked legally, the towing company would not have been involved. It just seems better to pay a few bucks to park legally rather than to take a chance getting the car towed.

Les
x2...in Seattle of all places. that's no place to mess around parking in spots you shouldn't.

i hope all goes well with your case though.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
xtrmspd

Originally Posted by KornerCarver

Les
Still doesn't give the towing company the right to destroy someones property. I believe, damaging someones property is illegal also. Kind of like...if I were to key your car, thus damaging your property. In turn, you can sue me for damages.

I believe the towing company has the right to tow the vehicle, if there is a sign stating it will be towed if parked there, but not damage it.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:57 AM
sdbarker

Hence the suit for negligence, and not a suit for wrongful towing.

He deserved to get towed for (allegedly) parking illegally. But, they certainly are guilty of negligence.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:42 AM
SlowZster

yeah, not bitchin about my $320 tow bill that I got for moving it 4 blocks, but instead the damage caused to my vehicle. If there was no damage, I wouldn't have posted anything to begin with.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:19 AM
sno

I got my Z towed before to the tune of $300. There wasn't any damage though so I paid my bill, along with a few choice words, and went about my evening. I'd be doing the same thing you are if they had damaged my car though.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:01 PM
SlowZster

thought i would give a little update...I filed the suit today against Lang Towing inc. have all the pics taken, now all that is left to do is serve them the paperwork, and then win in court
Old 11-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats, keep us updated
Old 11-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Looks Fast

Hopefully all goes well. Can't stand shady towing companies.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:44 PM
deeznutz

Originally Posted by Azumoth
Hopefully all goes well. Can't stand shady towing companies.
I would have gone ballistic if this shiat happened to me.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:21 PM
xtrmspd

Originally Posted by SlowZster
thought i would give a little update...I filed the suit today against Lang Towing inc. have all the pics taken, now all that is left to do is serve them the paperwork, and then win in court
GL man. Hopefully, you won't need it and it's an easy win. I hate shady ppl and shady businesses.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:00 AM
wasuber

Here's an update guys... his front bumper is worse off than when I got knicknamed CURBZ!

Also one of the gouges on his rims... I've killed for less... lets just keep it at that! I'd be pissed for a while!

Quick Reply: towing company...