Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Golden Gardens 2009 - March 29th

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 PM
jrbump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ the other thing I should mention is that, I read and listened to all your guys feedback.

Expect some fun this Summer.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
deeznutz

Originally Posted by jrbump
^ the other thing I should mention is that, I read and listened to all your guys feedback.

Cool.

I think it would be cool to host a meet at a parking garage Maybe a level for several different make of cars, etc.
That way there wouldn't be a possibility of it being rained out. I would even pay a little to participate/show if the suggestions given were implemented.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Originally Posted by jrbump

Good to hear! I posted something to point out how sad it was that Gaelen couldn't handle the truths being dished in the feedback thread that he started himself, and closed it down. The fat lazy fuck immediately deleted my post and issued an infraction. He's turned into quite the fag.

Originally Posted by deeznutz
I think it would be cool to host a meet at a parking garage Maybe a level for several different make of cars, etc.
I've seen pics of ones they've held in SoCal (of course). Seems like a pretty cool idea.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:45 AM
deeznutz

Originally Posted by Ed Hardy
Good to hear! I posted something to point out how sad it was that Gaelen couldn't handle the truths being dished in the feedback thread that he started himself, and closed it down. The fat lazy fuck immediately deleted my post and issued an infraction. He's turned into quite the fag.

I've seen pics of ones they've held in SoCal (of course). Seems like a pretty cool idea.
Of course it would be in Cali.
Yeah I think the parking garage idea is pretty cool. I'd imagine trying to rent one out would be expensive though. BCC has a huge garage and I'm sure on a Sunday there wouldn't be too many ppl using it
Old 04-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

OMG NWN is such a joke! There's a new "GG Thank You" thread someone started. I'm like.....thank who, and for what?

http://www.northwestnissans.com/boar...ad.php?t=92897

I posted (below) and Gaelen swooped in and deleted it within 1min. Seriously. Also decided to ban me for 30 days.

I don't understand the point of this thread. Who are you guys thanking for this "official meet?" Each other for attending? NWN as a so-called club didn't do anything except pick a date and post a thread with a time/location. That's it. It's just like any other unofficial meet that goes down on any forum. Don't get me wrong, I had fun just like you guys, but there's nobody to thank but ourselves. Nobody obtained the necessary permits, the promised BBQ never happened, and there was no organization. Word of the meet was spread to other forums by regular forum members and word-of-mouth. Coordination was done by people in the convoys they created themselves.

Someone explain to me where the "hard work" was THIS YEAR. Past years is another story. If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear someone's well thought out reasoning.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Looks Fast

Hahahahaha! Nice post!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:38 PM
redlude97

I posted
Originally Posted by redlude97
whats up with the censorship?
lets see how long it lasts
Old 04-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,079 Likes on 971 Posts

Like NW Nissans DIDN'T expect to see a neg reaction to this meet? Like there is almost every year for something or another?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:53 PM
pacfwu

OMG NWN is such a joke! There's a new "GG Thank You" thread someone started. I'm like.....thank who, and for what?

http://www.northwestnissans.com/boar...ad.php?t=92897

I posted (below) and Gaelen swooped in and deleted it within 1min. Seriously. Also decided to ban me for 30 days.

They had that thread up on Monday I think and it had only 4 replies when the other thread had 10 pages of negative.

Dude, I was so going to post up almost the same thing. They didn't do ****. It was successful because of the attendants (success in this case meaning amount of people that showed up, not quality of event).

I bet they could decide not to do it next year, not say a word, and a couple of hundred people would still show up to Golden Gardens on the last Sunday in March. All they provided was a tradition of time and place that people held up.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
deeznutz

Posted by GAYleen:
no censorship, he had made a similar post in a different thread and i told him he was welcome to PM me if he had something he wanted to say on the subject....he chose to make more of the same posts, so he was given an infraction and exceeded his points limit. I'm not here to babysit anymore.

Lulz.
Deleting a post so that ppl can't see/read it is censorship.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Originally Posted by pacfwu
"Thank you to all the attendees of Golden Gardens. You're the ones that make the meet ".
Well said...the concise version of what I was getting at.

I went back/forth in PM's with Gay-len yesterday. Wish I had access to my PM box so you could enjoy the comedy. Best way to describe it is that it's like arguing with a 10 year old.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
sno

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read through the feedback thread on NWN and I'm shocked by what I read. There's a lot of immature nay saying and passing of blame. Granted, the target demographic of NWN is 16-22 year old males that drive rust bucket 240s. Here's an outline of my thoughts:
-Poor event planning due to having only 4 hosts and 600+ cars. That's not really any one individual's fault and you certainly can't blame the folks at NWN. The venue was too small and there were a bunch of bad apples that attended.
-People complaining about the types of cars that were there. It's a free MEET/GREET, people. It's not a car show. Like I said before about their target demographic...
-Too many other makes of cars attended. I have to blame this on the average age of a NWN member. Thinking that it's cool to invite your Honda/Toyota/Subaru/Mitsu buddies to a NISSAN event is childish. I would never show up to a meet of another make unless I had that same make of vehicle (if it was for a specific make). Please don't confuse this with me saying I would never go to a hot rod show, because I do, but I certainly don't try to park my car in the show.
-Crap weather. Everyone who lives in the PacNW knows that it's not sunny and warm (consistently) until after mid June. Why not have a meet then? Oh wait, the Datsun group does - you'll find me there.

inb4walloftext
Old 04-02-2009, 05:28 PM
350LowLife

Ha hah ha...I made one post after quoting Jay and got this...

Then my post was censored...uh....deleted.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

^ What was the gist of your post?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:35 PM
deeznutz

That guy is such a douche.
Fawken **** mods.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:08 PM
wasuber

Well said...the concise version of what I was getting at.

I went back/forth in PM's with Gay-len yesterday. Wish I had access to my PM box so you could enjoy the comedy. Best way to describe it is that it's like arguing with a 10 year old.
quoted for truth, I had an infraction over there 2 years ago after I only had 3 posts on the site, didn't say anything wrong. I went off topic in a thread slightly and tried to give something away that was unrelated to the post to someone asking for help.. and he sent me a nasty PM when I asked him why he infracted me.. I wasn't impressed
Old 04-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Word. He'd make a fantastic mall security guard.

I have fond memories of NWN back in the day. Someone needs to start a "Yes We Can" campaign to replace him at the helm.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:28 PM
jjaujou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OR... we can all drop this ridiculous thread & be done with it? This week's undisputed King of Douchebaggery has been crowned.

Seriously. It's Thursday.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:59 PM
350LowLife

^ What was the gist of your post?

I quoted Jay's definition of censor...
...then all I said was " Censorship sucks....It's Un-American.....Oh that's right, you're canadian.....Never Mind.

Sally Sensitive got all butt-hurt over that.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Originally Posted by 350LowLife
"Censorship sucks....It's Un-American.....Oh that's right, you're canadian.....Never Mind."

Quick Reply: Golden Gardens 2009 - March 29th