Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

AMR Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:55 PM
jaez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well wow....i must apologize to Andy and AMR. I went to see Andy with both z's and had him listen to the noises. He rode in the cars and said ya theres something wrong but its not the coils. We decided to go ahead and take them off again. This time bringing both cars and taking them apart till we find the noise. So we show up monday we get the car on the lift and get the fronts off and start looking around. Well there is some slight markings where the camber ball joint hit once or twice but nothing serious. Andy does some more inspecting and pulls down the arm and guess what? Sure enough there is one nasty looking mark that has been beatin in by the camber arm (SPC) Couldnt see it unless you pull down the arm. Andy suggest to raise the car alittle so we do. The car comes back off the lift and we go for a drive. Son of a bish! It is completly silent. The car has always rode amazing but just clunking noise. Just like Andy said its not the coils its the car. So onto the second Z. The car only made noise really in the rear. So we barely get it in the air and and grabs the sway bar and it wiggles he looks back and the sway bar bracket on the passenger side is completely missing. WTF

All said and done we are completly happy with the coilovers. All the noises that were happening were all the car not anything with the coils. Huge apology to Andy and AMR again. And a huge thanks for him putting up with us and going out his way to help us out and take care of the noises. I actually sold my set of coils to a friend of mine. But ill be ordering another set for my own personal car and will continue to push his product.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:21 AM
davboy

glad you got it settled......almost a year after you started this thread
Old 06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Cyp

Sweeeeeet!! That's great to hear! Wow, Andy sure went out of the way for you.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Andy@AMR

Told you JJ they were not the coils from day 1 lol. Sorry pal, but you sure hell ain't going to be the first defective coilovers from AMR. I just find it hilarious that you guys wouldn't take my word for it after I inspected the coilovers again knowing the fact I do business with your grandfather and he supplies us with our swaybar bushings. I would not want to burn that bridge. After I inspected the coilovers my job was done, even then I told you that there was no way the coilovers were defective. I even drove 3 hours to deliver them myself. I know my work, and I know it VERY well. But ofcourse I went above and beyond and proved it was ofcourse not our fault. Just next time, don't point the finger and blame me right off the bat when I did nothing, but hook you up period and help you. Even when I knew the coilovers were not defective my guy Billy was nice enough to remove the coilovers and put the stock suspension back on free of charge. Trust me, I been doing this for many years, and now you know my stuff is that good. So thanks for the apology, and making this post cause if you think you were stressed you have no idea the stress your gf put me through and the harsh words she had for me when I didn't deserve any of it.

Now wash those damn cars and roll by the shop so I can take pics of the cars for our gallery, you owe me that. Especially after I made new top mounts just for the hell of it even after I knew the coilovers were not defective. I told you I have no problem helping you out when the lift was operational. I just wasn't going to spend my time on my back when I know right from the start the problem wasn't with our coilovers. Again, I have never had a blown damper, and our quality control is very high, and I know every part that goes into each damper. I have no idea who you took the car to while I was gone, but they obviously was no professional cause I figured it out in no time.

REMEMBER PICS PLEASE!! Hit me up when both of your cars are available. And your welcome Rachel. Thanks again for the aplogy JJ.

P.S. See even my potential customers sees this stuff that are from other sites lol. By the way Cyp ordered his set of coilovers for his Evo X today Thanks for your order pal.

Last edited by Andy@AMR; 06-05-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:26 AM
raesunshine9

wait til I get my wheels Andy...

btw I'm in love with how my car rides, they're great...
Sad it took so long...but hey shiznit happens.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:04 AM
iseedipp

before i read that it was resolved i immediately was going to back andy. I don't personally own amr coils but i have some friends that do including some people that rally race with them. I've heard nothing but superb things and i was looking at getting a set but didn't want to fork over the coin for my evo9 since i wasn't going to keep it very long. Now that I'm looking into other cars that don't handle so superb out of the box i'm looking back into getting some amr's. I'm glad everything worked out and Andy was able to save the day