Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

body shop recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 07:32 AM
ace32x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by e46330i
I use Paramount Center here in Fife. They've done great work for me in the past (we also use them for dealership paint stuff)
they are expensive tho quoted me 4500 to paint and install my kit, premiere collison did it for 1800 painted and installed and looks great! also changed the mounting of the rear bumper a bit so it fits alot snugger was very happy with them, theyve repainted and adjusted mine twice now
Old 04-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by ace32x
they are expensive tho quoted me 4500 to paint and install my kit, premiere collison did it for 1800 painted and installed and looks great! also changed the mounting of the rear bumper a bit so it fits alot snugger was very happy with them, theyve repainted and adjusted mine twice now
^ is that because it was a poor job? or just due to road conditions? details...
Old 04-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Frankzee

car is awsome ace!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:27 AM
e46330i

Originally Posted by ace32x
I didn't read all of this thread so I don't know the extent of what you're having done, but one thing I've always had success with is to tell them you're trying to get <insert work> done for <insert price>.

E.g. most of the nissan mirror caps we sell come primered. If a customer wants us to get the painting done for them we call up Paramount and they usually say 100-125. If we mention that we'd like to do it for $75, they do it for $75.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Looks Fast

Bellevue Auto Rebuild does a great job at painting, they fixed up my paint issues after Nissan of the Eastside drove my car into a curb.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by Looks Fast
Bellevue Auto Rebuild does a great job at painting, they fixed up my paint issues after Nissan of the Eastside drove my car into a curb.
You had carnutz do your kit right and they use bel-red auto rebuild. Over the time you've had your car did their paint hold up or start to go down hill? I'm hearing a ton of mixed reviews with bel-red auto rebuild.

So you brought your car to Bellevue Auto Rebuild to fix your paint issues that you had at bel-red auto rebuild?

^ is this correct? Details...
Old 04-21-2011, 10:56 AM
ace32x

Originally Posted by Goo$e
^ is that because it was a poor job? or just due to road conditions? details...
i took a curb out with my fiberglass front bumper shattered it in multiple spots and a ton of stress fractures, they repaired the whole thing and repainted for less than it cost to buy a new one from jp. then due to road conditions being **** around here sideskirts had a bunch of chipage from rocks and etc, theyve repainted those and installed them again for 350 a side, and then my back bumper clipped a speed bump coming down it one time and actually ripped out the plastic grommet mount right below the tail light and ripped the bolt out holding the side up right behind the rear wheel so the whole side of the bumper was hanging. also caused a ton of paint cracking. they also fixed this and adjusted the bumper and changed how it was mounted, switched it to 4 10 mm bolts instead of the plastic grommets. and didnt charge any extra just for removing it and paint was very satisfied with it. they also do the clear venture shield bra very cheap i had them do some problems spots this time around to help rpevent some of the rock chipage.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:00 PM
HaulinZ

^holy crap i may give them a call
Old 04-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Looks Fast

You had carnutz do your kit right and they use bel-red auto rebuild. Over the time you've had your car did their paint hold up or start to go down hill? I'm hearing a ton of mixed reviews with bel-red auto rebuild.

So you brought your car to Bellevue Auto Rebuild to fix your paint issues that you had at bel-red auto rebuild?

^ is this correct? Details...
Bel-red auto rebuild did a decent job with painting the bodykit, the paint matched perfectly and it is still great aside from the wear and tear I put it through. There were a couple of hidden blemishes I found later on that I still need to touch up however, hard to describe what they look like.

I went to Bellevue Auto Rebuild because Nissan of the Eastside was paying for the paint damage that they caused, and they only deal with Bellevue Auto Rebuild.

Note: I don't believe CNC uses Bel-red auto rebuild anymore. They moved out of Park Place in January and are under new management. They are no long associated with the Binghams. I am told they have a new painter, and that they are finding his work much better than the work they got from John at Bel-Red Auto.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by Looks Fast
Bel-red auto rebuild did a decent job with painting the bodykit, the paint matched perfectly and it is still great aside from the wear and tear I put it through. There were a couple of hidden blemishes I found later on that I still need to touch up however, hard to describe what they look like.

I went to Bellevue Auto Rebuild because Nissan of the Eastside was paying for the paint damage that they caused, and they only deal with Bellevue Auto Rebuild.

Note: I don't believe CNC uses Bel-red auto rebuild anymore. They moved out of Park Place in January and are under new management. They are no long associated with the Binghams. I am told they have a new painter, and that they are finding his work much better than the work they got from John at Bel-Red Auto.
Very interesting. Thanks for those details!

Note: I called CarNutz today and they said they DO still use Bel-Red Auto Rebuild. They also use another shop in Renton as a secondary shop.

Last edited by Goo$e; 04-22-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Looks Fast

Very interesting. Thanks for those details!

Note: I called CarNutz today and they said they DO still use Bel-Red Auto Rebuild. They also use another shop in Renton as a secondary shop.
My mistake, I saw a camaro today at CNC that came back from Bel-Red that had some issues, I would say avoid it. The Renton guy is the guy to go to (I've only seen one car he has done so far, a white pearl GTR, it looked flawless).
Old 04-23-2011, 07:46 AM
wasuber

There is a mysterious painter in Renton/Tukwila that does work for Seattle Auto Trim Design (in Tukwila) and if anyone has seen my Z in person and seen my Nismo wing and my USDM Nismo sides can vouch for whoever they use is the best painter I have ever come across thus far, even better than any of my recent paint shops I have used, problem is, they have a long..... turn around time.