Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Fun Times at Nissan of the Eastside

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Looks Fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun Times at Nissan of the Eastside

So, if you haven't heard on Facebook, I took my car to Nissan of the Eastside today to get an oil change and for them to fix my passenger window regulator (window wasn't staying up). To start off I made an appointment a week ago and told them my car is too low to use the swing arm lifts and I need to have it put on their floor lift (the one you drive up onto).

When I dropped off the car I reminded them again to not use the swing arm lifts again. But as I was sitting in the waiting room, I watch their tech attempt to put it on the swing arm lift. It didn't work, so he called over another tech to help him (at this time I was heading to the service bay); then they determined it wasn't going to work; so they went to the floor lift. They did their work, yadda yadda.

So I was called to pick up my car, I stood where they would drop off my car. And the technician drove right passed me, so I'm like, 'okay, he's going to park it in the lot.' The Tech pulls head first into a parking spot and 'BANG!', then you see him put it in reverse.

From there, I yelled 'Mother****er' in the service area and went to check on my car. The tech drove it head on into a curb.... fun!

The actual physical impact actually wasn't bad, the venture shield rockguard protected it quite well from the curb. The real damage came from the bumper being pushed up into the car.

(For those that don't know the car, I have a VeilSide V3 kit on H&R CoilOvers; so I sit 2 inches off the ground)

Right corner of the bumper had a chip on the end:

The lights dug into the kit stripping the paint, and leaving a 5-8mm gap between light and kit (on the right side of the light):

Damage coming from the right light:

Now the good news, Nissan is actually going to help repair it. They sent me down to Bellevue Collision Care. Their painter took a look at it, and they are going to work out some details with Nissan before setting a date (I'll take more pics when this happens).
Old 12-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Sleeper01

ouch......
Old 12-17-2009, 05:25 PM
killa.beez33

Good to hear that they're going to man up and fix that ish!

Just do your oil change at home! :P
Old 12-17-2009, 06:57 PM
davboy

Sorry to hear that man but I thought it was already established to NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO NISSAN OF THE EASTSIDE.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:00 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, I knew it's going to be good...Nissan of the Eastside never disappoints...They always manage to FAIL at everything including sales, service, tech, and aparantly driving too. God! I am NOT applauding them for fixing it, because that's pretty much a REQUIREMENT! If they want to hear praises, they better send you a check for a couple hundred $ for your trouble or give you some FREE nismo parts - but they won't do that because they only do the bare minimum...and that's on a GOOD day! F* that dealership!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:51 PM
killa.beez33

Originally Posted by alvinhuyn
dude, i knew it's going to be good...nissan of the eastside never disappoints...they always manage to fail at everything including sales, service, tech, and aparantly driving too. God! I am not applauding them for fixing it, because that's pretty much a requirement! If they want to hear praises, they better send you a check for a couple hundred $ for your trouble or give you some free nismo parts - but they won't do that because they only do the bare minimum...and that's on a good day! F* that dealership!
+ 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000
Old 12-17-2009, 10:49 PM
sdbarker

LooksBroken
Old 12-18-2009, 12:54 AM
HaulinZ

sorry to hear about your car....

they tried to put mine on a lift too (posted thread a few months back)... for a window motor... fukc that place.... i say we attach every hate thread and sent it to their service manager....

again tho... it is official NEVER GO TO NISSAN OF THE EASTSIDE!!!! they suck at life
Old 12-18-2009, 12:56 AM
HaulinZ

btw... i would demand a new bumper because its jdm ness has been compensated by a dealer full of a$$hats
Old 12-18-2009, 02:08 AM
sdbarker

Yup.

To the contrary, I've had phenomenal experiences at Kirkland Infiniti every time I've been up there. I've only had one small issue, and it was handled incredibly well.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:32 AM
cersoft

Originally Posted by sdbarker
Yup.

To the contrary, I've had phenomenal experiences at Kirkland Infiniti every time I've been up there. I've only had one small issue, and it was handled incredibly well.
Yup, always take mine to Infiniti of Kirkland ...
Old 12-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HaulinZ
sorry to hear about your car....

they tried to put mine on a lift too (posted thread a few months back)... for a window motor... fukc that place.... i say we attach every hate thread and sent it to their service manager....

again tho... it is official NEVER GO TO NISSAN OF THE EASTSIDE!!!! they suck at life
not that I am defending eastside nissan as they are obviously terrible (sorry about your car, looksfast), but if I was pulling off the door panel and swapping the window motor I would want it lifted too. I've done it on the ground and it is miserable work sitting on the seat sideways for an hour. if I could work standing up that would be so ideal.

hope your car comes back in perfect shape!
Old 12-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Hydralisk

I went to Nissan of the Eastside once......... Why do they think they run a Ferrari Dealership? Never went back again while I was there.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:22 AM
killa.beez33

I got my car at Infiniti of Kirkland!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:10 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealership? Failville. Why would you even consider taking your vehicle
there in the first place?

Now you've gotta let them fix your car??? Shame.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:48 PM
jjaujou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Entaille
not that I am defending eastside nissan as they are obviously terrible (sorry about your car, looksfast), but if I was pulling off the door panel and swapping the window motor I would want it lifted too. I've done it on the ground and it is miserable work sitting on the seat sideways for an hour. if I could work standing up that would be so ideal.

+1 Done it twice now
Old 12-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Dude just have them repaint the whole car Lambo Orange...
Old 12-18-2009, 06:30 PM
killa.beez33

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Dude just have them repaint the whole car Lambo Orange...
+1

or that flat pearl lambo white
Old 12-18-2009, 10:44 PM
HaulinZ

Originally Posted by Entaille

i work with a two post all day.... and normally the only window issues i have to deal with are on bigger cars or trucks (making it rather difficult to open the doors with the post being there)... but i think i can safely say... my car nor christians car can easily be lifted.... my sideskirts hang a solid two maybe three inches lower than what would be the easiest lift point.... considering the fact that a low pro jack alone will not lift my car.... i say it has no buisness ona lift for a window motor... which was typed and highlighted in multiple colors on the tech's repair order... i still say their idiots
Old 12-19-2009, 07:15 AM
PDX_Racer

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by davboy
Sorry to hear that man but I thought it was already established to NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO NISSAN OF THE EASTSIDE.
I've had very good experiences with Nissan of the Eastside, but then again I don't drive a heavily-customized (and lowered) car.

Quick Reply: Fun Times at Nissan of the Eastside