Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

rant.. Captiol Nissan, San Jose

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 08:34 PM
4everZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks - never really liked that dealership. even their sales guys can be rude.

I've had good luck with Stevens Creek Nissan - they seem to be helpful. I used to own an Xterra before my Z and took it in one time for strange front end noise - one of the techs took my car out back, greased something and gave it back to me in about 5 mins without doing any paperwork - car was out of warranty so he saved me a few buck!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:19 AM
SJTrackZ

Update from my dealings with Nissan consumer affairs on the issue...

I called Nissan consumer affairs on 8/24. I told them my situation w/ the stereo. I was told I would get a call back on 8/25 by the end of the day. No call back. I called on 8/26 and left messages for the people handling my case. No calls back.. Monday, 8/29 I call Nissan consumer affairs again and just speak to an operator. He sends an email to the person handling my case and cc's his supervisor. I get a call back in about 10 minutes from Nissan consumer affairs.

He says that the radio is there and it was just under the wrong name. WHATEVER... So, I call my service advisor but only get his voicemail. Left a message and he never called back. 8/30, I call my service advisor again and luckily get him live on the phone. He tells me that he is unaware that the stereo is there. He says he checked parts and couldn't come up with nothing. He then tells me that they have a stereo there, but it's not for my car. It one that a customer never picked up. He then goes to say that they can install that one for me.

Sooo.. I call Nissan consumer affairs back and explained what happened. Once I do, he calls the dealership. He gets back on the phone with me and says he double checked vin#'s attached to that stereo the dealer has. It's indeed mine. So, it's been there. Not sure how long.

I'm just glad there was nothing seriously wrong with the car. I'd be SOL..

I'm ready to dump this car.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:11 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SJTrackZ
Update from my dealings .....I'm just glad there was nothing seriously wrong with the car. I'd be SOL..

I'm ready to dump this car.
Your story sounds a lot like my wifes power steering pump pulley story, THEY SUCK.

I bought my Nismo exhaust at Stevens Creek and can say that at least the parts department and pay counter seemed to be up to snuff, don't know yet about the service department yet.

Chris
Old 09-01-2005, 03:28 PM
bryon617

i work for nissan vacaville. not in the service, but in sales. they seem to take a great deal of pride in doing things the first time. just letting you know, not all dealerships are bad.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:47 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Ok, its been over a year and I thought I would give them another try. Not with my Z mind you, just went in there to get the $14 Nismo cap that is in the catalog. Walked in, nice guy at the counter had no idea what I was talking about. Someone who looked like she belonged in marketing was standing back there and said "Yeah, order me one too, my son would love that" I walked out $14 poorer with hopes that not only would it would warm me up during the cold snap but also revive my faith in Capitol Nissan, a dealership that is on my way home from work.

That was on December 6th.

For all of December they gave me the "holidays are holding it up" answer.

Then on the 17th, my third visit this month some different guy got all excited when I showed him my receipt. "Oh sir, I don't know what happened to it, I have looked all over and it's not here". He photo copied my receipt hands it back and says "Let me get your phone number and I will call you tomorrow with details". I said "its right there on the receipt" as I pointed to it on his copy, he circled it. Never heard from him again... I am not kidding you.

I would have gone yesterday but forgot my receipt at home.

Today I go in and an older gentleman is sitting behind the counter working on the computer. I wait. After a moment or two I got a polite "Can I help you". I said "I hope so, I ordered this hat on the 6th of December" and hand him my receipt. He said "What's it look like", I said "its a knit cap with Nismo on the front and Nissan on the back, real short bill". He says "Oh, we just got those in an hour ago, they put it out in the display cabinet". He walks me over, opens the display case and hands it to me. I said thanks and left.

So other than it taking a month and a half, why in the heck would they not call me when it came in, don't they have a list of what parts they are waiting for, who is waiting for them? Also, shouldn't parts people are waiting for be kept in the back until they are picked up? Why was it in the display case, waiting for someone off the street to buy my hat and leave me to wait for the next order. It makes me start to wonder about the other random things in their display case. They have a Nismo short throw shifter sitting in there, I wonder if anyone is waiting for that?

I probably wont go back to them, at least for another year and a half, maybe longer. To bad for them too, I have a Nismo exhaust, shift ****, wheels, 03 cubby, to name a few Nissan sold parts, NONE of which came from Capitol Nissan. I even went out of my way to go to another dealer to pick up touch up paint. Not that they care but it's their loss.

Chris
Old 01-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Darshu

Falore Nissan is 100% the right place to take your car. Awesome service, they take your problems seriously and actually get the repairs right. Mod friendly too. I would never take my car anywhere else after getting service there.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:08 AM
SJTrackZ

I was suprised to see an email notification of this thread!! lol. I haven't had my Z since December '05.

Looks like I didn't miss much as far as Capitol Nissan goes... My whole experience with this dealership really changed my perception of Nissan. Not that it's a bad brand, just that I'll never know what I will get as far as service goes.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:49 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Capital Nissan Service Dept. has an all new staff. I met the Supervisor - he said without me prodding that they brought him in to turn things around. I've had poor experiences with them as well.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Changvi

I would recommend either Steven's Creek or Falore Nissan.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:32 AM
drifter23

Originally Posted by Darshu
Falore Nissan is 100% the right place to take your car. Awesome service, they take your problems seriously and actually get the repairs right. Mod friendly too. I would never take my car anywhere else after getting service there.
+1 For the peeps at Falore Nissan in Sunnyvale. Capital Nissan sucks IMO.

Last edited by drifter23; 01-25-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Changvi

+2 for Falore Nissan
Old 01-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Playboy's Z

+3 for falore nissan was impressed with their service and professionalism called me the morning that my car came in and woke me up they get big props for that..
Old 02-05-2007, 10:39 AM
LastODJedi
§ith Mã§t€®

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've given up on Capitol Nissan too. I've been taking mine to Z Car Garage or Falore Nissan for a while now.