Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Car Wash Reccomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 01:23 PM
apharmdb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wash Reccomendations?

Used to get all of my cars washed at this place in Berkeley located off Shattuck but before University (can't remember the name). Anyway, it's a hand wash place but they run you though this tire pulley driven area that handles the rinse. My question is, has anyone had problems with the 18" rims and these types of car wash mechanisms? Also can anyone reccomend another local car wash that does a good job and is safer for a Z's wide tiers? I'm on Lake Merritt BTW - just in case there are other Z owners close by. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-18-2002, 11:42 PM
whatever
Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a place that I used to take my bimmer to near by down town San Jose on Brokaw that's 100% hand wash, no tire pulleys for any part. Though it's probably a bit far for you. Let me know if you want addy or phone number, I can look it up.

As far as the tire pulley? I wouldn't recommend them, I actually took my bimmer's 17x8.5 with 245s through one of them. Besides, the bottom of my car scraping on the rails, the tires were badly scuffed up. I personally would avoid them at all cost. That was probably the last time I ever took it to a car washing place that uses pulley's...

So far on my Z.... self hand washed 3 times and zaino 6 coats