Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Bay Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 10:17 PM
ZZ33bOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks i should be in here more often....i didnt even kno there was a meet this weekend any meet SUNDAY??? AIM me at Fongsaiyuk111....IM always down to meet someone TELL me when theres a meet! heheh
Old 03-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by jondimellow
yeah aj i not really sure what happened. i saw u get on the freeway, but we said that we would meet up at that chevron across the freeway for giri to get gas. i tried calling ure cell twice, and we even went back to the in and out. sorry about the confusion. next time tho.
I doubled back to the chevron. It took me about 10 minutes. I guess I missed you. Phone was on vib. Doh. It was in the jacket I didn't even hear it. No worries. I had a great time with you all and on the ride back. Next time I promise I won't get lost
Old 03-05-2006, 09:34 AM
derangedtoolman

hey guys i have been keeping up with this thread since it began and it seemed like you guys had a crap load of fun...i was about to come but i was hesitant cause i thought i wouldnt fit in cause i am a younger guy (turned 18 like 3 months ago) and stuff...i dont know am i being strange (?)...
i for sure want to meet up with all of you guys and go for a drive cause it just seems so fun someday...would that be cool?

i read a lot on these forums and dont post much or at all really but i know what is going on!

thanks
Old 03-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by derangedtoolman
hey guys i have been keeping up with this thread since it began and it seemed like you guys had a crap load of fun...i was about to come but i was hesitant cause i thought i wouldnt fit in cause i am a younger guy (turned 18 like 3 months ago) and stuff...i dont know am i being strange (?)...
i for sure want to meet up with all of you guys and go for a drive cause it just seems so fun someday...would that be cool?

i read a lot on these forums and dont post much or at all really but i know what is going on!

thanks
Heck no, all ranges of ages are welcome! I'm a old dude but there are some younger guy in their early 20's or late teen there too. From an old dude point of view it's great to be accepted by the younger crowd. Come one, come all.
This is just for owners like hang and have some fun....

Last edited by Z_Driver; 03-05-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Z_Driver
Master

jondimellow (Jon) - I was wondering if you would team this with me. That way when I can't make it someone is there to keep it going. I mean after all it was your idea to get this started along with another members suggestion on the location. Lol !!! Good call! We could try to do it every three week or so and then set up some weekend rides etc....

What do you say? Are you game?
Old 03-05-2006, 11:59 AM
zmoothg

involved in a car accident this morning at 3am.

Last edited by zmoothg; 03-07-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:04 PM
onebadfyvo

Okay, okay......Is Northern Cali going to have an official meet coming soon? Sounds like you guys had too much fun (I had to work). Anybody heard of Bayhill Shopping Center in San Bruno? There are a couple of restaurants and a Starbucks. It's right off the I-280 freeway. Just a thought...whatta you think??
Old 03-05-2006, 12:08 PM
tulene

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez zmoothg! glad to hear you're ok! who cares about the car after that, honestly!
life is very sneaky, blessings come in strange ways. yeah it sux your car is gone but you'll get another and you'll probably be a better person overall from the experience. just underlines what's important in life and never to take anything for granted.

glad to hear you're ok!
Old 03-05-2006, 12:10 PM
onebadfyvo

Originally Posted by zmoothg
Okay thanks to my stupidity and the stupidity of another really reallly bad driver,I was involved in a car accident this morning at 3am. I was originally driving @ speeds of about 90mph down 101S. The traffic started to thicken up so I reduced speed to roughly 80mph. Another car was doing initially about the same speed as me then saw that traffic was starting to thicken up also. Instead of slowing down like I did, he felt he could switch lanes and continue his same speed in the very right lane. I guess he expected me to do the same thing and not slow down. Anyways.... I slowed down to be careful and I was going about 80mph. Next thing I know he clipped my rear. I had my VDC off sadly. My rear lost control. I then tried to gain control but it was too late. My car spun perpendicular to the lane, hit the center divider, flipped over upside down. Spun across the highway from the left to the ride shoulder. Flipped back right side up and stopped. I surprisingly got out alive with just a few minor cuts from the sunroof shattering. I ended up getting 4 stiches, but as far as that I came out alive and intact. My G is completely done.. I do not know how in the world I survive that accident. Sighh... I am soo down, confused, and upset with myself and that random car that hit me.
Very sorry to hear what happened. I'm glad you're okay. I gonna assume that the other involved car stopped and a report was taken by the CHP. I know that the G was your baby, but hopefully, the other guy's insurance will be able to put you in a new one. I hope you have a speedy recovery!! Take care
Old 03-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Okay thanks to my stupidity and the stupidity of another really reallly bad driver,I was involved in a car accident this morning at 3am. I was originally driving @ speeds of about 90mph down 101S. The traffic started to thicken up so I reduced speed to roughly 80mph. Another car was doing initially about the same speed as me then saw that traffic was starting to thicken up also. Instead of slowing down like I did, he felt he could switch lanes and continue his same speed in the very right lane. I guess he expected me to do the same thing and not slow down. Anyways.... I slowed down to be careful and I was going about 80mph. Next thing I know he clipped my rear. I had my VDC off sadly. My rear lost control. I then tried to gain control but it was too late. My car spun perpendicular to the lane, hit the center divider, flipped over upside down. Spun across the highway from the left to the ride shoulder. Flipped back right side up and stopped. I surprisingly got out alive with just a few minor cuts from the sunroof shattering. I ended up getting 4 stiches, but as far as that I came out alive and intact. My G is completely done.. I do not know how in the world I survive that accident. Sighh... I am soo down, confused, and upset with myself and that random car that hit me.
I guess first off I should say; you know how much I liked your car.

Dude, Don't worry we'll all help you find another at a good price.
I am begining to believe these cars are really safe in an accident.
In most any other smaller car you would have been done for.
I am so glad you were driving your G. It's just a car .... we'll help you find another if you want.

If there is anything we can do for ya let us know. If you want to meet up this week and talk or get a bite to eat email me. I do understand, been there as well.

Should we have a funeral for the car?

If it makes you feel any better I noticed everyone was hitting 90-100 on the freeways around here. Give a Californian a good day in the middle of a lot of rain and will all go fast. I had to really try to keep it under 80 a bunch of times yesterday. I mean I was getting passed by everyone, even hyundais and civics were laughing as they were passing me. I had to just sit there and grind my teeth. I so much wanted to put my foot in it.

In other words, it as easily could have been me yesterday with the speeds we were all going. I think I'm taking the Pathfinder out for the next day or two. I don't feel like going a hundered in that thing even though it has the Z motor in it. I get to feel the Z motor under my foot but no one challenges me.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 03-05-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:44 PM
jondimellow

Originally Posted by mecinoid
jondimellow (Jon) - I was wondering if you would team this with me. That way when I can't make it someone is there to keep it going. I mean after all it was your idea to get this started along with another members suggestion on the location. Lol !!! Good call! We could try to do it every three week or so and then set up some weekend rides etc....

What do you say? Are you game?

sure. but im pretty shaken up rite how after what happened to zmoothg.

Last edited by jondimellow; 03-05-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:05 PM
absolutg

****... that sounds like a pretty nasty accident man. i'm sorry to hear it but i'm glad you made it out relatively unscathed. with the way your vehicle moved, sounds like it could have been fatal. if he hit you from behind, the other driver is definitely at fault and you should be able to recover nearly all of the purchase price of your vehicle since it was all of 2 months old.

looks like you might be out sales tax a second time around (not fun in cali) but it's better than being found at fault and dealing with the premium increases from that. did all the airbags deploy? side, curtain and driver? any pics? did you go to a hospital to get checked out? pay extra attention to how you feel, not to freak you out, but internal bleeding or other problems can manifest days later.

don't be too hard on yourself. there are lots of jacka$$es on the highways here in norcal that think they know how to drive. the first accident i had ever been in happened here (thankfully in a honda). get pissed at the other driver, make sure you get yours, and get back on the street in that G style

try to take it easy and keep us updated
-Giri
Old 03-05-2006, 06:38 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh man! sorry to hear what happened.. i was just checking out the new headlights too!

glad to hear your okay though. you still have your life!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Impactpeople

Glad that your ok...
Old 03-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by jondimellow
sure. but im pretty shaken up rite how after what happened to zmoothg.
Yeah, me too. Hey, we all get in accidents. If you haven't been in one your lucky. I am glad he is still with us. He just reminded us to keep it cool I think.
I saw the speed raising out there with the good weather going to and coming back from Infineon. So, we just have to remember the street is not as safe as the track. I mean guys were spinning out every couple of minutes because of the water on the track but, no one got hurt. If that happens on the street you taking some larger risks.

I'll share with you some more of my racing in the streets stories as I did at the meet on Friday later. I have seen my share of wrecks. I've been in a few that I should not have survived. One in particular was really bad. RR crossing.

Jamel (sp? please forgive) - Again please let us know how you are feeling and if there is anything we can do. I am not working right now so I can meet you anytime just to chase the blues away. To be honest it would probably help me out too.

Best to you guys, AJ
Old 03-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by absolutg
****... that sounds like a pretty nasty accident man. i'm sorry to hear it but i'm glad you made it out relatively unscathed. with the way your vehicle moved, sounds like it could have been fatal. if he hit you from behind, the other driver is definitely at fault and you should be able to recover nearly all of the purchase price of your vehicle since it was all of 2 months old.

looks like you might be out sales tax a second time around (not fun in cali) but it's better than being found at fault and dealing with the premium increases from that. did all the airbags deploy? side, curtain and driver? any pics? did you go to a hospital to get checked out? pay extra attention to how you feel, not to freak you out, but internal bleeding or other problems can manifest days later.

don't be too hard on yourself. there are lots of jacka$$es on the highways here in norcal that think they know how to drive. the first accident i had ever been in happened here (thankfully in a honda). get pissed at the other driver, make sure you get yours, and get back on the street in that G style

try to take it easy and keep us updated
-Giri
He should recover every cent including sales tax. I wrecked a Porsche once in Campbell after only owning it three months. Got every single penny back. All I had to say when they tried to short change me with the tax and depreciation thing was. "No problem, you get the exact same car and put it on my doorstep." They have to do that by law and they know it so, I got all the dough so I could go out and buy another one exactly like it down to the aftermarket stereo and the dam leaky cam seals. 944S Cam seals suck, oil that is. Lol !!!!

Last edited by Z_Driver; 03-05-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:14 AM
anotheraznguy

sorry to hear that...
at least you are alive and well

ok back on topic...

So we settled?

April 1st
Meet at Autornd
12-whenever
then take a nice drive later that night just a good simple cruise?
Old 03-06-2006, 09:55 AM
zmoothg

Hey guys!! Its me Jameel. I am ALIVE! I mean that is all that going well right now. I am about to go look at the car now. I am scared of what I will see, and I will do all the filing with the insurance company today. Too bad the fool that hit me and caused the accident got away. Now I am going to be stuck with the largest premium in car history. Sighhhh.. Anyways.. Thanks everyone for the support and AJ I think I will take you up on your offer. I just need to get things squared away first with this accident and then I will have some free time.

Like I said I just have minor scraps from the sunroof glass breaking and I received 4 stitches. Hopefully my face will return to its beautiful self shortly. Damn I miss my G, but guess I have to look at the bright side: I am alive and now I get a new G in black like I wanted, even though that one was new too. Luckily I did not put the computer back in the car soo the only thing that was lost was the car itself. I am still pissed that loser got away. Luckily I am religious, thus I can sleep at night knowing my hitman God is out there waiting to take care of him for me.

When I get back I will post more details and post pics of the damage. It wont be pretty. Jon has already seen its state and lets just say it makes you want to cry..
Old 03-06-2006, 12:10 PM
richardho11

Where is Autornd? I would like to come join in!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:26 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Wow zmoothg! That's crazy bro. I'm glad you came out alright though. That's the most important thing. Hope everything works out for you in the end. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Bay Area Meet