Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

SCOTT PERFORMANCE "SP" Sold!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 08:07 PM
andy2434

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rgtopz
+1 Wschli. Most of us won't ever own one of these dream cars. I can't even afford a poster of a Lambo / Ferrari.

What?? you don't want to go the Z cemetry to get your work done?? Cars check in, but they don't check out.
LOL . . . Steeeeady. You may get called out on this based on your previous statements.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:02 PM
ronnie0738
boost ownz ju

Originally Posted by Nismon
Well, it's a small community, so service, will not be far away. An opportunity arose, and Ted is taking over another shop, as mentioned above to what he'll be working on. Good luck to him and his future ventures. I know Mario will be working with him, and Chris, also a cool guy, may end up working at Z Car Garage. Either way, there's a bit of Z knowledge around, so no harm done.

And again, I know how some of you feel, but even on his last day, Ted calls me out of the blue to chat and ask how my car's doing (I dropped in an HKS DLI last week there). As for me, that type of followup and service does go a long way in my book.
Yea, I called him today to wish him good luck. He seems excited to be working on lambos again. He had my stock bumper ready for pickup when I got there.

Anyways, how is the HKS DLI working out for you?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:04 PM
ZON

Now, that Ted is doing other things, I would like to checkout the Z place in San Mateo (Nissan Doctor) I'll drive the extra 20 miles further.
Dude, just take your Z to Gilroy for Ted. He'll still take care of it for you. What the hell, it will be in exotic company there. Let's see Monterey to Gilroy or Monterey to San Mateo
Old 08-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Ahmads350z

WTF!!
dude my ****n Z has been there for 3 months and i keep gettn blown off for about every single week i ask em when its ready!!!!!!****!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ahmads350z
WTF!!
dude my ****n Z has been there for 3 months and i keep gettn blown off for about every single week i ask em when its ready!!!!!!****!

dude he sold the shop with your yellow Z
Old 08-31-2006, 10:59 PM
ronnie0738
boost ownz ju

lol, i saw your car in there today.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:06 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

WTF!!
Hmm? That's interesting. They didn't contact you to let you know they're closing shop? Did you call their shop number or Ted's cell #? I'd try to call Ted's cell (I'm sure someone here has it) & if that doesn't work, I'd go down to his shop at Gilroy to see what's up. I'm assuming that if SP's doors closed on 08/03, as Warren indicated, that they'd be working on your car at the Lambo shop? Hey Warren...is it really 08/31 or do you think you've mistaken it for another date? Kinda strange to close shop if they still have projects. Good luck & let keep us posted...

Originally Posted by Vick781
dude he sold the shop with your yellow Z
LOL Vick...you crack me up bro

BTW....Ronnie, your car sounds bad a$$ bro with your new exhaust! Glad I had the chance to hear it tonight. Also...give me your Varis Radiator Shroud!!! LOL. I think I'm going to order one soon but I'm just not looking forward to the wait.

Last edited by GTNPU Z; 08-31-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:10 PM
ronnie0738
boost ownz ju

I believe the shop number is being forwarded to his cell.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:19 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally Posted by andy2434
"If you don't have anything good to say about someone, don't say it at all" Especially on the open forum. That's not cool.
What?? you don't want to go the Z cemetry to get your work done?? Cars check in, but they don't check out.
LOL . . . Steeeeady. You may get called out on this based on your previous statements.
+1
Old 09-01-2006, 05:45 AM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

I don't wanna have this thread closed, so useless posts have been deleted.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:34 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What happened to your quote about having nice things to say? ZCG takes on long projects and restorations on 240Zs and widebody projects on G35s. They take time. It looks like SP was GREAT at turning cars done in a timely manner:

"WTF!! dude my ****n Z has been there for 3 months and i keep gettn blown off for about every single week i ask em when its ready!!!!!!****!"
Yeah - things were going really well over there.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:32 AM
ZON

Why is there an argument anymore? It's over already. ZCG won. I thought this would go on and on but it's over......

Ted did get a sweet high salary job running a multi million dollar Lambo/Ferrari shop. I think in a sense he won, personaly for himself. Those cars are in his blood.

As for the other guy, I wish him well.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Nismon

Originally Posted by ronnie0738
Yea, I called him today to wish him good luck. He seems excited to be working on lambos again. He had my stock bumper ready for pickup when I got there.

Anyways, how is the HKS DLI working out for you?
Hi Ronnie,

What exhaust did you end up getting? I was going to give the DLI some more miles and see how things were. Nonetheless, I initally thought this unit was unnecessary, though I've been loyal to HKS and a college friend happens to work there.

From what I guaged so far, it's pleasantly suprising. I haven't had the Z idle this smooth since I can remember, response has noticeably picked up, and there is a bit more low and mid range punch. The Z also pulls a bit stronger in the higher end, and I'm racking miles right now to look for possible MPG improvements. Overall, I think it's a worthy mod if you're FI'd.

OK, back to the topic at hand....
Old 09-01-2006, 11:53 AM
ronnie0738
boost ownz ju

Originally Posted by Nismon
Hi Ronnie,

What exhaust did you end up getting? I was going to give the DLI some more miles and see how things were. Nonetheless, I initally thought this unit was unnecessary, though I've been loyal to HKS and a college friend happens to work there.

From what I guaged so far, it's pleasantly suprising. I haven't had the Z idle this smooth since I can remember, response has noticeably picked up, and there is a bit more low and mid range punch. The Z also pulls a bit stronger in the higher end, and I'm racking miles right now to look for possible MPG improvements. Overall, I think it's a worthy mod if you're FI'd.

OK, back to the topic at hand....
I just got on the HKS TD Ti exhaust yesterday, it has a higher pitch and much more quiet when crusing. You can hear the motor/turbos/BOV much more with this exhaust, so I like Opened her up on the highway and feels strong and still hitting the same boost. The piping is about the same size as the SP exhaust so I'm not all that surprised.

I've been thinking about the DLI recently, I may try it out as well.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:04 PM
NissanZfan

What a nice first post.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:10 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, James, the date's good, as he told me himself on the phone. With a upgrade like he got in the business, but +1 on Zon, he's not letting anybody down and he will still do the big jobs on the Z/G's yet, and yes it's much closer (Gilroy to Salinas). So nothing been lost, the man keeps his word. Don't know about the San Mateo shop, but saw it on the internet when it was posted the other nigh, may just swing by to see how it stacks up. And Rob's shop is in San Jose yet, so there is some around. But for me, Gilroy is just up the road now.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:18 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope so, as it was uncalled for and unfounded. We're here to socialize, relate, and keep it clean. 2004Z Moderator said it all in the above post. Exellent! Now on to good things on the forum.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:48 PM
ZON

Originally Posted by 1001hp4u
Hey where's the thread that Bubble posted about Ted not knowing **** about the 350Z?

Did throbbing rod, I mean trrobbing zon, I mean zon delete it or something?

Do I know you??? If I could have deleted it I would have banned him too, along with you. But 2004Z is on it.

Now enough of this crap, I just want to be a nice guy anymore.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Ahmads350z

seriously how long does it take to build a engine guys? i kno damn right it doesnt take 3 months...
he said he is installing the bearings?
how far apart is he from completion?
Old 09-02-2006, 02:06 PM
ZON

If he has all the parts and gaskets and stuff I wouldn't think it would take more than a few days to build a short block and do whatever to the heads, depending, and have those bolted up. Then there is all the pullies and belts and covers, etc, etc.. But that's going non stop (I don't think it happens that way, non stop) and then if your doing TT that's a lot more assembly. I'd say up to a week for everything up to that point. But I am probably wrong. Give it two weeks to have all that done and have motor in the car, everything hooked up and tuned.

Edit: Thinking about it more I remember built motor TT jobs were in the shop up to a month, maybe more or less I don't know anymore. But I understand your frustration. I don't know about your project but let him get it done and he'll do it wright by the time it's done.

Regards

Last edited by ZON; 09-02-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: SCOTT PERFORMANCE "SP" Sold!!!